• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Real1

DET-PIT Post-Game Discussion

Rate this topic

I was at the game (which was AMAZING) and people were starting to leave when they saw Howard smother Crosby. Everyone stopped mid-step and started clapping and yelling JIMMY JIMMY. The entire game was amazing. Tons of people, lots of crowd involvement, and the best part; the Wings won.

I love how people are more impressed with him losing with composure at the end of the game than his actually great effort in the game. 26 out of 27 verse a defending Stanley Cup team? Great job Jimmy!

Not this....

You're right. Jimmy should have sat back and watched Crosby hack away at Z's back. Losing composure my ass.

But this....

This was as good a game I think we've seen Howard play. And losing compusure my rear end indeed. What the hell else are you supposed to do when one of your star players is getting whacked at unnecessarily a foot away from you and the play has been blown dead?

And nobody better come back at me with bulls**t that I'm jealous of Crosby or hate too much. I respect his game and his talent, he's one of the best in the game today. I cannot stand his questionable attitude off the ice or on dead whistles or when he pulls crap like this at the end whining and throwing a fit when things don't go his way. I understand frustration, but whacking a guy over and over again like that? Seriously, play with some self control. That's not sending a message, especially when this isn't the playoffs or a playoff series or the like. I'm not jealous of Crosby's game because I know I'm not going to be a professional athlete anytime soon, and I'm certainly not jealous of him when he acts like he did at the end of the game.

For Jimmy Howard...

were-not-worthy.jpg

We're not worthy!!! We're not worthy!!!

Classy.

When it comes to Crosby... class isn't relevant - you know that!!

BTW, is anyone else sick of hearing NBC and versus say "Crosby this, Crosby that??"

I'm completely fed up they're so used to saying it... it makes me sick. Olczyk (sp?) even mistakenly called Fleury, CROSBY... I mean mixing a goaltenders name with a forward is insane.

And you could honestly tell the Versus network wrote a teleprompter speech for whoever the monotone former Philly coach was about how the Penguins would win the cup LOL... look at his eyes during the speech.

Does anyone have a video of the postgame interview?

Other than the ones on here?

http://redwings.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp

Yeah I'm sure there will be more drama in the Jimmy threads after they hear what Sid had to say about it. We just love drama don't we?

Bertuzzi could repeat that incident 5 more times in his career and he would still have more class than Crosby.

Dude... What???

Bertuzzi went after Moore from behind the wrong way as we all know in retaliation for Nasuland (also a swede, ironic.) What we were saying is that at least Bertuzzi did it with good intentions, but did it in the wrong way. Crosby just acts classless because he is a diver, who whines and hates being shutdown by Zetta.

You've got to be just completely whacked out on heroine...

How can you say Howard was "losing it" when he was pulling an opponent off of one of his team's star players when the opponent was on his fifth and sixth cheap-shots to your star's back and head??!!? I'm impressed both by his save percentage and by the fact that he didn't hesitate to help Bert go after a known prima-donna who was trying to injure a teammate.

If any player in the league did the exact, identical thing to Cindy after losing the game and the time had expired that the little Pengo-***** did to Z, they would have gotten a suspension.

End of discussion.

Translation for Carman

Edited by Drake_Marcus

See now this is a perfect example of why I defend Crosby.

Bertuzzi went after Moore from behind the wrong way as we all know in retaliation for Nasuland (also a swede, ironic.) What we were saying is that at least Bertuzzi did it with good intentions, but did it in the wrong way. Crosby just acts classless because he is a diver, who whines and hates being shutdown by Zetta.
Bertuzzi could repeat that incident 5 more times in his career and he would still have more class than Crosby. At least he would be sticking up for his teammate, not throwing a hissy fit because a player who is superior to him stopped him from scoring yet again.

I understand if you boo him, or don't like him. But really??

I mean really?

Crosby's comments after the game :rotflmao:

He credits Zetterberg's defensive play to Lidstrom and Rafalski. Then he turns the question around and talks about how hard he battles.

Said Howard knew the linesman was there and was just trying to get in free shots. Howard was there before the linesman and free shots was all crosby was trying to do to Zetts at the end. Was anyone else immediately reminded of Malkin at the end of game two last year?

Crosby is the worst. The guy's dellusional.

Bertuzzi could repeat that incident 5 more times in his career and he would still have more class than Crosby.

Again, seriously? That's just wrong. It's just plain wrong.

Worst of all, you made me agree with Carman for once. Goddamnit.

See now this is a perfect example of why I defend Crosby.

I understand if you boo him, or don't like him. But really??

I mean really?

You defend crosby because you found two quotes of someone who thinks Bertuzzi has more class? :huh:

Again, seriously? That's just wrong. It's just plain wrong.

Worst of all, you made me agree with Carman for once. Goddamnit.

Don't feel bad. I'm not that bad.

It just seems I only get into disagreements when Crosby comes up...

You defend crosby because you found two quotes of someone who thinks Bertuzzi has more class? :huh:

Not the sole reason, but those were two immediate examples.

Edited by Carman

Don't feel bad. I'm not that bad.

I mean really it doesn't matter all that much. That was just one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here. Statements like those, although rare, just shouldn't be said. If you go to other Red Wings forums you hear about how LGW has really gone downhill since the Wings won in '08. That right there was a perfect reminder.

this is from the game recap. gotta love what Hank said lol

Crosby’s frustration level seemed to reach a boiling point in the final seconds, leading to him cross-checking Zetterberg in the back in front of Detroit goaltender Jimmy Howard.

“I knew it was him without turning around,” Zetterberg said.