• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Real1

DET-PIT Post-Game Discussion

Rate this topic

What Howard did was cool but at some point Hank's gonna have to take care of s*** like this himself.

Maybe in a playoff game and you want the extra man you don't engage but last night was the end of the game. Do yourself a favor Z and clock him when he pulls that, he may reconsider the next time you bunch his panties up.

Just my 2cents, your mileage may vary.

I was reading this over at the HFBoards:

There's rumors Howard could be suspended a game for face washing Cindy. Also Cindy had this to say about Howard.

"“I don’t know what he was doing,’’ Crosby said. “It was one of those things, a couple guys battling at the end. I knew the linesman was in there. I don’t know whether (Howard) wanted a free shot, but I don’t think it was any place for him to be.’’"

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=753803

what a pansy! i simply cannot stand crosby! way to go howie! oh and btw, if he gets suspended for touching the supposed golden child..my thought would be i hope his face melts, this is from the wizard of oz, and the wicked witch... "I'm melting, I'm melting, oh what a world, what a world." :siren: lets make his face melt! :angry:

Edited by hotwings24

What a lame attempt at a come back by Crosby - Howard (just like any teammate) had just as much right to be there as any one else. As soon as you take liberties with a player you better expect someone to come back at you and that's what Howard did. Crosby should be happy that Howard didn't take cheap shot crosschecks on his back (like he did to Zetterberg). At least Howard met him face to face - albeit with a face wash.

Crosby's comments were a weak attempt to save face after playing like crap, being minus 3, getting shut down offensively, trying to sucker Zetterberg into some s***, and then getting pinned against the boards and being made to look like a fool by a rookie goaltender of all ppl.

If you watch the replay again, i think the thought past bertuzzi's mind cause he was the first one to come to Z's defense, but he was met by Guerin so he didnt have a great chance. A face wash seemed fitting for a guy like Crosby though. I think Bert did the right thing, even though it wasnt what we all wanted to see (Crosby getting beat down). No worries though, because we have Howard to take care of the dirty work these days haha

oh, I don't think Bert reacted weakly/wrong... I just would have liked to have seen it, haha

""I don't know what he was doing,'' Crosby said. "It was one of those things, a couple guys battling at the end. I knew the linesman was in there. I don't know whether (Howard) wanted a free shot, but I don't think it was any place for him to be.''"

Just like being the third man in punching a guy in the ass, right? Oh wait...

And if Howard got suspended for THAT? Well then, Crosby should be suspended for twice as long. Intent to injure with his repeated cross-checks to Zata's back. Both would be ridiculous.

Edited by edicius

There's rumors Howard could be suspended a game for face washing Cindy. Also Cindy had this to say about Howard.

"“I don’t know what he was doing,’’ Crosby said. “It was one of those things, a couple guys battling at the end. I knew the linesman was in there. I don’t know whether (Howard) wanted a free shot, but I don’t think it was any place for him to be.’’"

Wow, and people still wonder why he is so hated here with a comment like that. It wasn't a couple guys battling at the end "Sid" -- it was you being a sore loser, arrogant punk and taking cheapshots at a player that has dominated you in every fashion head-to-head and last night was no exception. Crosby got five free shots at Z's back, so what makes it so wrong for Howard to step in and want a free shot at his whiny face?

Crosby deserved a lot worse than he got and he still tries to take his pathetic actions and blame it on someone else. No wonder him and Bettman are such a hot item together.

I wouldn't call repeatdly cross checking a player in the back,“ a couple guys battling at the end." would you guys? Superstar or not Crosby is gunna get a payback soon by a guy not bothered about Sids rep or a suspension. Your a great player Sid but when you get owned in a game show some class by respecting the player who has outplayed you, instead of behaving like a spoiled brat. The whole hockey world will respect you more for that.

""I don't know what he was doing,'' Crosby said. "It was one of those things, a couple guys battling at the end. I knew the linesman was in there. I don't know whether (Howard) wanted a free shot, but I don't think it was any place for him to be.''"

http://hfboards.com/...ad.php?t=753803

If howard gets suspended for a face wash, but crosby gets away with his brutal cross checks i will completely flip.

I'm completely fed up they're so used to saying it... it makes me sick. Olczyk (sp?) even mistakenly called Fleury, CROSBY... I mean mixing a goaltenders name with a forward is insane.

Yep, I caught that too. Loser is so used to saying all Crosby, all the time that he wanted to give Crosby the credit for Fleury's great save.

Yep, I caught that too. Loser is so used to saying all Crosby, all the time that he wanted to give Crosby the credit for Fleury's great save.

Well you do know Crosby can play goalie right? They had a special about that. :ph34r:

i love how nhl.com says "sid scraps with wings goalie howard" howard took him out sidney didnt even touch howard, therefore title should say howard handles crosby

Or Crosby decided not to unleash his superior fighting skills against a young rookie.

What a citizen that Crosby fellow is.

ya guys ever see any of our guys start cross checking or hitting someone at the end of a game that we didnt win? i dont recall any

Just two recent examples.

Rivalry games tend to incite frustration at the end of games. I think it's a good thing. And it doesn't just happen when Crosby is on the ice.

Edited by Carman

IF!!!! Howie get suspended for THAT!! I will NEVER watch another NHL again!! I will be 100% done! If they want to market a little ***** and suspend anyone who sticks up for his team and himself, then they can have it! There is a reason why many superstars are going back to Europe! Oh yeah, and there is also another reason why thr ratings for the NHL are where they are too!

Just two recent examples.

Rivalry games tend to incite frustration at the end of games. I think it's a good thing. And it doesn't just happen when Crosby is on the ice.

Your two recent examples aren't comparable because they both feature two players scrapping with each other and starting a large scrum.

Zetterberg did not go after Crosby in any way until Crosby took that last crosscheck to his face.

Your two recent examples aren't comparable because they both feature two players scrapping with each other and starting a large scrum.

Zetterberg did not go after Crosby in any way until Crosby took that last crosscheck to his face.

Because crosschecks in front of the net never happen in hockey, correct?