• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Real1

DET-PIT Post-Game Discussion

Rate this topic

Disliking Crosby for his immaturity and his whine-fests doesn't make him a bad hockey player. In fact he is one of the best. That is what makes it so damn frustrating to me to see him always be such a poor sport.

To call out Crosby for his immaturity and his constant dribble that although he is so talented detracts from people's ability to truly respect him as a player is what I think most people are attempting to do.

That is what I do. I applauded Howard for sticking up for Zetterberg, and called out Crysby for his dribble claiming Howard didn't belong there.

The people calling for Crosby to be give Steve Moore treatment, and the posts of other people baiting those intense reactions are what makes many things hard to go through.

To Opie - I agree that there is more of that baiting and over the top reactions lately.

EDIT: Edited to clear up my point.

Edited by russianswede919293

I can't be an avid Wing's fan because I think Sidney Crosby is a great player?

Being serious for a moment. You can like Crosby as a player. I'm cool with that.

I don't for a couple of reasons. 1) he's been babied by Mario and Bettman and it shows. 2) He's a manufactured star. By that I mean, Bettman decided to pick him up because at the time Crosby was the #1 CANADIAN prospect and he wanted a CANADAIAN to be "the face of the 'new' NHL" Not some naturally occuring star like Ovie. Ovie is 100 times more the player than Crosby is. Ovie plays hard, scores pretty goals, scores goals when he's needed, and throws the body around. He plays fearless multi-level hockey. Plus he's charismatic as hell, people love him, the camera loves him, and he loves that. Smiles all around.

Crosby has none of that. In my opinion, if there is a face of the "new" NHL, it should belong to Ovie. Crosby is a great hockey player, and deserves his superstar status, but much of his stardom has to do with Bettman and Mario whoring him out at every opportunity. Its puke worthy.

So my beef with Crosby isn't because of Crosby personally (though the hand shake thing was lame, but I chalk it up to him being a dumbass kid), by beef with Crosby is with his manufactured image. To compare him with Jordan is silly, Jordan and Ovie have more in common than Jordan and Crosby.

Wow, after watching Miller's deke and then Datsyuk's pass to Franzen for the block I noticed that Fleury didn't even know where the puck was and Datsyuk could have easily shot it in the left upper side of the net.

Missed chance by the man who sees everything.

Interesting topic on 97.1 FM today - If Sid were traded to the Wings, would you cheer for him?

This is should be an easy one. Of course I would cheer for him, if he is on your favorite team, you are going to cheer for him.... Does anybody remember when Cheli got traded here? Nuff said.

Interesting topic on 97.1 FM today - If Sid were traded to the Wings, would you cheer for him?

Of course. A perfect example of a disliked player turning into a fan favorite is Chris Chelios.

Now if Sid ever became lucky enough to drape a red and white jersey over his shoulders and play for Detroit, the organization would quickly confront his blatant poor sportsmen-ship and teach him how to hold his composure to win/lose with grace.

It would be tough for me. It would be akin to Floppa becoming a Wing. It would be like (or maybe worse than) Stevie Y taking the GM job for the Dive or the Blackhawks. It would shake my unwavering faith in organization (i.e. Kenny/the Ilitches). It has been a long time since I have lived in Michigan, so it is both my tradition and loyalty and the tradition and loyalty of the club that keeps me rooting for the Red Wings. That would be a tough pill to swallow.

Bob Errey (Pens commentator) was just on 'Power Play' and said that in the room the Pens players refer to the Wings as "robots" so thats why they try to get gritty/nasty with them to get them off their game and get some human reactions. Ummm ... sure.

Oh and the reason the Pens didn't win last night was because their "Con Smythe winner wasn't on the ice".

What a douchebag idiot tool; goes well with the team he broadcasts.

Bob Errey (Pens commentator) was just on 'Power Play' and said that in the room the Pens players refer to the Wings as "robots" so thats why they try to get gritty/nasty with them to get them off their game and get some human reactions. Ummm ... sure.

Oh and the reason the Pens didn't win last night was because their "Con Smythe winner wasn't on the ice".

I caught that too but couldnt stand the nonsense so I turned it off. The were trying to get the "robots" off their game at the 60 minute mark? Right.

You know I would. But the first time he cheapshots an opponent (repeatedly, like with Z), I would hope that his own locker room would police up that behavior. Put him in check.

Of course. A perfect example of a disliked player turning into a fan favorite is Chris Chelios.

Now if Sid ever became lucky enough to drape a red and white jersey over his shoulders and play for Detroit, the organization would quickly confront his blatant poor sportsmen-ship and teach him how to hold his composure to win/lose with grace.

Agreed, I think if Crosby became a Red Wing, he'd be a more matured player. First of all, he wouldn't be captain, so he would blend in more.

Huh. Pretty silly remark about Malkin, but the rest of it actually makes some sense. Ours is not a team known for fueling their winning performances with in-the-moment emotion (3/26/97 aside ;)).

Oh, and I like Bob Errey. I didn't realize he was working for the Pens, but I'm happy he's still in the game. Loved him as a Red Wing, and love it even more if the rumors were true about Yzerman requesting he be picked up due to their time as linemates on the Petes.

EDIT: Just found out he is also Terrible Ted's cousin. I like him even more now!

Edited by Uncle Danny

Of course I would cheer for him.

Rooting on someone who plays for your team, however, does not mean you have to like them. I don't particularly like Bertuzzi, but I root for him because he plays for my team. Were Sid to join the Wings, it would probably be much the same.

Edited by EuroTwin

Of course I would cheer for him.

Rooting on someone who plays for your team, however, does not mean you have to like them. I don't particularly like Bertuzzi, but I root for him because he plays for my team. Were Sid to join the Wings, it would probably be much the same.

Well said, although I do like Bert. I never liked Primeau, Clark, Gill or Hatcher, and I hated Chelios when we picked him up... but I rooted for each and every one of them. I think the only players I would have trouble rooting for in Red and White, in all my years of fandom, would be Claude and Pronger. Even with them, I'd be rooting for them to help the team win while hoping for a trade.

To, Carman

Yes, of course you can like Crosby as a player. He is a phenomenal talent. The fact that you ignore that he is a complete whiner, the baby of the NHL and he (like you) is ignorant of these things is your flaw. Fitting that a Crosby fan sort of behaves like number 87. If Crosby went about his business like a man, we would not have a problem with him. Be a man Sid, be a man. He starts s*** and wonders why Howard attacked him. You make stupid comments about Zetterberg not wanting to fight a 'man?' The game was won, why fight him for no reason? Also, would you beat up the commissioner's 'son?' Z was wise to leave Crosby alone.

(Speaking of Carman)

No it is your constant baiting that goes unchecked by the mods that is the reason you should leave this board.

You admit it yourself that you are doing it yet you are never ever reprimanded for you constant drivel, like for instance the amount of times you attack the character of Red Wings Players on a Red Wings Forum. You claim to be a avid wings fan yet in this very thread you make comments about Z's heart, you make these comments in every single thread that Crosby's name comes up in. And not in a constructive manner but in a baiting manner.

Reading your crap is as annoying as the Crosby bashers.

Most of the people you are "arguing" with won't change their opinion no matter what you say, and if some one can not admit the talent Crosby is, what makes you think they know jack s*** about hockey?

You are wasting your time and being a troll.

Oh, and spare me you are fighting immaturity with immaturity speech, you are just being a troll and trying to get reactions out of people.

This board is so f-ed up now.

Man do I miss this board circa 2006! People calling for Crosby to be "Moored" or saying Z have no heart are all in the same group, trolls and are hockey ignorant!

As I typed this a mod actually did something!

^This^

He's nothing but a baiting troll.

Being serious for a moment. You can like Crosby as a player. I'm cool with that.

I don't for a couple of reasons. 1) he's been babied by Mario and Bettman and it shows. 2) He's a manufactured star. By that I mean, Bettman decided to pick him up because at the time Crosby was the #1 CANADIAN prospect and he wanted a CANADAIAN to be "the face of the 'new' NHL" Not some naturally occuring star like Ovie. Ovie is 100 times more the player than Crosby is. Ovie plays hard, scores pretty goals, scores goals when he's needed, and throws the body around. He plays fearless multi-level hockey. Plus he's charismatic as hell, people love him, the camera loves him, and he loves that. Smiles all around.

Crosby has none of that. In my opinion, if there is a face of the "new" NHL, it should belong to Ovie. Crosby is a great hockey player, and deserves his superstar status, but much of his stardom has to do with Bettman and Mario whoring him out at every opportunity. Its puke worthy.

So my beef with Crosby isn't because of Crosby personally (though the hand shake thing was lame, but I chalk it up to him being a dumbass kid), by beef with Crosby is with his manufactured image. To compare him with Jordan is silly, Jordan and Ovie have more in common than Jordan and Crosby.

I agree. I've seen some people here say it should be Pavel or Zetterberg, but in all honesty, Ovie is both better and more charismatic. People in other markets like to watch him and don't hate him because he's not a whiney cry-baby that's force-fed to them. He just needs to watch the boarding.

Last night's game sure got someone's attention in the media; from Pittsburgh Post-Dispatch :

The Penguins have talked a lot this season about the need to get to their game.

Sounds like a swell idea.

With nine games left in the regular season, it's something they might want to think about doing. Soon.

*nostalgia'd*

hahahahahahaha...lol..that is hilarious. And it goes perfectly with the convo between GunarStahl, Datsyukiandeke13 and myself. look on page 2-3 for the discussion

--It's not worth winning if you can't win big!