• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Real1

DET-PIT Post-Game Discussion

Rate this topic

Guys, don't blame me. The coach lost it for himself.

It's not Gunnar's fault. He had the hot's for Julie and didn't want to beat her. That's why he defected to the US, changed his name to Scott, learned to goaltend and made Varsity at Eden Hall in an attempt to get into her pants.

I've gotta say... I was hoping when I saw Bertuzzi spit out the mouthguard and charge at cindy there was going to be another moore type incident.. way to get my hopes up Bert.

This was exactly what I thought when I saw Bert in the replay. WHY the hell didn't he at least pound him once? At least he got his smelly glove in his face. Thing is, Sidney waited till he KNEW nothing would/could come from his cheap-shotting Zetterberg. In my book, and I don't care how young and talented he is, that makes him a chickens***, arrogant, whiny-ass a-hole, and not worth my respect.

I also wonder what all the "fans" thought of that crap that were trying to climb the glass to get at him during warmups. That was most definitely a losing moment for him.

Didn't like Wendel Clark, nor Todd Gill?

Any particular reason?

Once upon a time, there was a rivalry with Toronto...

Fact is, though, I grew to like Gill (like Chelios) and wish I'd had the chance with Clark. Both were hard nosed players, and always had my respect... even though I hated their guts. ;)

It's not Gunnar's fault. He had the hot's for Julie and didn't want to beat her. That's why he defected to the US, changed his name to Scott, learned to goaltend and made Varsity at Eden Hall in an attempt to get into her pants.

OMG..it took an imdb search and a youtube search to confirm it, but dammit you're right,

Well played Sir, well played.

Because crosschecks in front of the net never happen in hockey, correct?

Oh for sure they do. But the real cowards/cheap-shots/out-of-control/arrogant/"entitled ones" always, ALWAYS save their best for the last minute of play. When they are pretty much assured they won't suffer the consequences of their totally out-of-control tantrums. His actions at the end of the game literally turned my stomach. And you should have been there to hear the thousands of Detroit fans who booed him off the ice. It was music to my ears.

I agree. I've seen some people here say it should be Pavel or Zetterberg, but in all honesty, Ovie is both better and more charismatic. People in other markets like to watch him and don't hate him because he's not a whiney cry-baby that's force-fed to them. He just needs to watch the boarding.

Exactly. If I'm watching a game that features the "face of the league" or it's "best" player, I should know it just by watching without having to be told who it is. I ALWAYS know when Ovechkin is on the ice. Can't always say that about Crosby.

esteef

I always liked to see Todd Gill on the ice when the Wings played the Leafs because it meant the Wings would soon get another goal. I thought Larry Murphy was a floating prima donna through the early to mid 90s until the Wings picked him up for a bag of pucks.

Screw you, Toronto.

Where was I? :unsure:

Bob Errey (Pens commentator) was just on 'Power Play' and said that in the room the Pens players refer to the Wings as "robots" so thats why they try to get gritty/nasty with them to get them off their game and get some human reactions. Ummm ... sure.

Oh and the reason the Pens didn't win last night was because their "Con Smythe winner wasn't on the ice".

What a douchebag idiot tool; goes well with the team he broadcasts.

Right ... they waited over 59 minutes to implement a strategy. Hate to break it to them but those "robots" clearly could care less.

That's about as weak as Crosby blaming everything on Howard.

Edited by GoWings1905

Heres some food for thought.

Looking at other forums online this guy from Pittsburgh made a pretty great point. He said that when Crosby is out, Malkin produces so much. But when Malkin is out, Crosby doesn't really do s***. If Crosby is the great hockey player everyone says he is, shouldn't he perform without having the other star player by his side?

Last night's game sure got someone's attention in the media; from Pittsburgh Post-Dispatch :

The Penguins played without center Evgeni Malkin, who re-injured his right foot late in their 3-2 overtime loss Saturday to Carolina and did not dress for the third time in four games.

They have won just three of the 10 games he has missed this season.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10082/1044931-61.stm#ixzz0j3BVlbYe

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10082/1044931-61.stm#ixzz0j3AaWyfV

They seem to do better without the Saviour than they do without Malkin.

Edited by Marty Barry

Guest scottj

lol at carman dissing zetterberg and just about every other red wing whenever crosby is brought up to defend him and then acting so confused when i said he should just go to letsgopens... ? doubleyou-t-eff

Exactly. If I'm watching a game that features the "face of the league" or it's "best" player, I should know it just by watching without having to be told who it is. I ALWAYS know when Ovechkin is on the ice. Can't always say that about Crosby.

esteef

Agreed. Ovechkin is the face of the NHL and the best player in the League no question.

I realized at the Olympics how good Getzlaf is. I'm not saying he's the best in the League or anything like that, I just think he's overlooked because he plays in Anaheim.

Agreed. Ovechkin is the face of the NHL and the best player in the League no question.

I realized at the Olympics how good Getzlaf is. I'm not saying he's the best in the League or anything like that, I just think he's overlooked because he plays in Anaheim.

I love AO, and as for him being the face of hockey-- that works for me. He actually looks like a hockey player. :hockeysmile:

Aside from that, you sure notice Ovechkin when he's out there on the ice. Crosby can disappear when a player like Zetterberg is on the ice -- witness last night's game. The last time I saw a player completely shut down like that was when Forsberg used to try and figure out how to get around Steve Yzerman -- and couldn't. That was fun, too. ;)

I guess my love for Julie is no longer a secret. I fell for her faster than the Icelandic economy.

Because crosschecks in front of the net never happen in hockey, correct?

Oh yeah the offensive player usually spends the last 5 seconds of a game crosschecking the defending player. It's the defender trying to keep the offensive player away from the net.

Zetterberg was watching the play. Crosby had already given up on the game and was taking liberties on someone who was still playing.

It was a punk move and would be a punk move if done by anyone.

You're "defending" of Crosby is making you sound less and less like you know what's going on. THAT play does not happen in front of the net very often at all.

I also wonder what all the "fans" thought of that crap that were trying to climb the glass to get at him during warmups. That was most definitely a losing moment for him.

I missed that. What happened??

Interesting topic on 97.1 FM today - If Sid were traded to the Wings, would you cheer for him?

No way! Just as much as I cringe with frustration when Bertuzzi touches the puck. That's one pick up I didn't like at all.

Not to mention that when most of these cheapshot crosschecks were happening the puck had already been cleared to the other end of the ice with only 3 or 4 seconds left in the game. so there was no need for crosby to be "battling for position" at a time like that.

Crosby's comments after the game :rotflmao:

I hate him. I hate him so much.

I have respect for his skill because only a naive fool could deny he is a good hockey player, but that is where it ends. He is an arrogant ass and I look forward to the day someone punches him in his ***** mouth.

"well not everybody has Lidstrom and Rafalski behind them, but he plays hard" shut the f*** up! Its times like these I really wish we has Probert back...when are they gonna bring Brad May back up?

Guest mindfly

Anyone know why Dan bylsma, crosby etc say there is a rivalry between pittsburgh and detroit? am i the only one who disagree? rivalry detroit have with chicago today.. colorado before... anaheim when they had pronger etc... an eastern team can never really be a rivalry imo.. they say this in the clip below from TSN

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip280365#clip280365