• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#41 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:47 PM

I love how people are more impressed with him losing with composure at the end of the game

Losing composure? Sidney Crosby lost his composure, Howard simply stood up for his teammate by making a "glove save". Losing composure would have been giving Crosby a nice BC-goalstick two hander to the back of the knees like he deserves.

#42 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:49 PM

I started a thread that had videos in it but the admins deleted it... :-(

Here is what will be the best video after a few hours of YouTube processing:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-1ppQJDTvk&feature=sub"]http://www.youtube.c...Tvk&feature=sub[/url]

What an effing punk. Crosby that is, not Howard. I didn't get to see it initially as I couldn't get a feed to work, so I was going off what all of you were describing.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#43 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:53 PM

I love how people are more impressed with him losing with composure at the end of the game than his actually great effort in the game. 26 out of 27 verse a defending Stanley Cup team? Great job Jimmy!

What? I believe it was actually your hero Crosby that lost composure with those cross-checks at the end after Z owned him (yet again).

Jimmy was just defending his teammate from a punk, sore loser.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#44 donfishmaster

donfishmaster

steviesteenie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:54 PM

I love how people are more impressed with him losing with composure at the end of the game than his actually great effort in the game. 26 out of 27 verse a defending Stanley Cup team? Great job Jimmy!

You've got to be just completely whacked out on heroine...
How can you say Howard was "losing it" when he was pulling an opponent off of one of his team's star players when the opponent was on his fifth and sixth cheap-shots to your star's back and head??!!? I'm impressed both by his save percentage and by the fact that he didn't hesitate to help Bert go after a known prima-donna who was trying to injure a teammate.

If any player in the league did the exact, identical thing to Cindy after losing the game and the time had expired that the little Pengo-***** did to Z, they would have gotten a suspension.

End of discussion.

#45 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:02 PM

I love the fact that even though the League is cracking down on shots to the head and everything, we will still see no consequence to sids actions. The guy sat there crosschecking Z in the back and the HEAD knocking his helmet off and still continued to do it. He got frustrated and heard the fans chanting Crosby sucks and he goes out and does that s***. Thats bull and the league should take some kind of action even if just a small fine or something. I'm not saying suspend the guy for the rest of the season, but hes gotta learn that acting like a bab and throwing a temper tantrum and intentionally trying to hurt someone (especially an important player like Z) shouldnt be tolerated. Now i may sound like a giant homer and an even bigger Crosby hater, but that was just ridiculous.

Zetterberg is the bane of Crosby's scoring existence.

#46 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:06 PM

I wont lie.. I have had some Sidney love for the last couple weeks thanks to the Olympics.. But the Olympics are long over now and tonight I remember what I really thought of Crosby.. so as of this moment.. Sidney Crosby can go back to sucking on these Red Winged Nuts.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#47 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:19 PM

I still remember when people on this site thought he would be a backup at best. I had my doubts as well, but i'm glad to see him doing so well, I just hope he doesn't suffer from the sophmore jinx.
Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#48 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:19 PM

I liked how Cindy was crosscheckin, punching Z in the back of the head from behind and various other *****-antics when J-Ho rips his helmet off. Cindy got as calm and quiet as a 2 week old puppy.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#49 teebo

teebo

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:25 PM

huh? cindy got owned by z so bad he started cross checking him in the side of the head repeatedly before the game was actually over. then he stuck up for a teammate which i will never call "losing composure". but good job trolling like usual, got me apparently

#50 Butch

Butch

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:28 PM

Did ya' ever notice when Cyndi's helmet comes off, just how much he looks like Butthead of "Beavis and Butthead" fame?

#51 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:29 PM

Jimmah showing what hockey's supposed to be- a team sport. Get the whiners outta there!

#52 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:30 PM

It wasn't a face wash guys. He was just trying to put Cindy's pacifier back in :hehe:

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#53 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:31 PM

In his post game interview he said crosby always gets away with this stuff and he was just protecting zet. I love this kid. Star goalie and enforcer.

Does anyone have a video of the postgame interview?

#54 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:33 PM

Howard has earned an unbelievable amount of respect from me this season. He proves time and time again why he should be our goaltender. Sticking up for your teammates is a big plus in my book.

Posted Image

#55 NBCnothingbutcrosby

NBCnothingbutcrosby

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:42 PM

I've gotta say... I was hoping when I saw Bertuzzi spit out the mouthguard and charge at cindy there was going to be another moore type incident.. way to get my hopes up Bert.

Edited by NBCnothingbutcrosby, 22 March 2010 - 10:42 PM.

Not now chief, I'm in the zone.

#56 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:43 PM

I've gotta say... I was hoping when I saw Bertuzzi spit out the mouthguard and charge at cindy there was going to be another moore type incident.. way to get my hopes up Bert.

Classy.

#57 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:46 PM

Doc said it best, "In a city that has traditionally liked fighting goaltenders Jimmy Howard has joined the list".

Buy your goalie a cold one tonight Z.:beerbuddy:
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#58 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:52 PM

Crosby's comments after the game :rotflmao:

Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#59 TheUkrainian

TheUkrainian

The Ukrainian One

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

I was at the game (which was AMAZING) and people were starting to leave when they saw Howard smother Crosby. Everyone stopped mid-step and started clapping and yelling JIMMY JIMMY. The entire game was amazing. Tons of people, lots of crowd involvement, and the best part; the Wings won.
Wish List: Stanley Cup!
100% pure Ukranian

#60 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Not this....

You're right. Jimmy should have sat back and watched Crosby hack away at Z's back. Losing composure my ass.

But this....

This was as good a game I think we've seen Howard play. And losing compusure my rear end indeed. What the hell else are you supposed to do when one of your star players is getting whacked at unnecessarily a foot away from you and the play has been blown dead?

And nobody better come back at me with bulls**t that I'm jealous of Crosby or hate too much. I respect his game and his talent, he's one of the best in the game today. I cannot stand his questionable attitude off the ice or on dead whistles or when he pulls crap like this at the end whining and throwing a fit when things don't go his way. I understand frustration, but whacking a guy over and over again like that? Seriously, play with some self control. That's not sending a message, especially when this isn't the playoffs or a playoff series or the like. I'm not jealous of Crosby's game because I know I'm not going to be a professional athlete anytime soon, and I'm certainly not jealous of him when he acts like he did at the end of the game.

For Jimmy Howard...
Posted Image

We're not worthy!!! We're not worthy!!!