• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
shoe

Fun Phoenix Coyotes Theory

Rate this topic

If there ever was any behind the scenes deals in this league, this one might make sense...

From a Gary Betman sell the game to the people of Phoenix stand point could you see Gary and his good old boys hoping that the NHL owned Coyotes would face the crowd drawing Red Wings for the 1st round of the playoffs?

Wouldnt it be interesting if either of these teams had a "weird" call for or against them in the last game of the season that matched these 2 teams up in the standings as playoff contenders? hmmmmmmm

Im not saying there is anything going on but you know what I mean? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think it would be more of an embarrassment considering the half of Jobing.com would be filled with Wings fans.

I hope they win the cup so we can hear Bettman congratulate himself while he presents the cup.

Edited by Statts

I think it would be more of an embarrassment considering the half of Jobing.com would be filled with Wings fans.

I hope they win the cup so we can hear Bettman congratulate himself while he presents the cup.

ONLY half? That would be more embarrassing for the Wings.

so what you're saying is Jobing.com arena will still only be half full when the wings go there?

that's average attendance for their games.

just wondering...did anyone catch Don Cherry's rant on Saturday's Coach's Corner?

he was talking about how the coyotes were terrible last year and drew 15,000 fans per game, and this year they are challenging for 1st in the west and draw 9,000...i love the part whre he said they should be back in Winnipeg. probably won't happen, but regardless they probably won't be in phoenix or wherever they moved to much longer.

Not going to happen, who knows where the final standings will be in a few more weeks. San Jose right now has 1 game in hand, 1 win and they are back in 2nd. Some of these teams are going to flip flop positions until the dust settles. At this point , 7th is obtainable if the Wings continue to play like they have; I was hoping for 5th, but just do not see that happening the way Nashville is playing...

Sweet buffy reference.

i knew at least one person had to get it!!

seriously, though...its bunnies. or maybe hudler...

(all jokes aside, i am sorta oliver stone-y about gary and "project: phoenix rising". i do remember thinking at the beginning of the season that it would be "convenient" for them to have a record season, given how everything shook out. if they win the cup after 4 game 7's, don't act shocked!! and sorry to hijoke your thread, OP)

EDIT: THIS IS WHY JOKES GET REWRITTEN!!!

it seems my buffy reference was not unrelated after all...see up there where i said "or maybe hudler"? the lyric is actually "or maybe midgets", which could also mean gary bettman! so there you go...it is true, and gary is behind it! you just can't see him behind it, cause its written in 3 ft tall letters!!

Edited by deetroit dario

Good for ratings and attendance, but the whole thing would blow up in their face when the Arizona crowd starts chanting Lets Go Wings ;)

Edited by puffy

Here's my crazy theory:

The NHL is actually way smarter than we think. They bought the Coyotes when they were the worst franchise in the league, knowing that they'd be due for a breakout this year. So now they're going to sell them at the peak of their value.

Here's my crazy theory:

The NHL is actually way smarter than we think. They bought the Coyotes when they were the worst franchise in the league, knowing that they'd be due for a breakout this year. So now they're going to sell them at the peak of their value.

i don't think that anyone will think they are more valuable just because they won more games... they might need to sell tickets for anyone to want to buy them

ONLY half? That would be more embarrassing for the Wings.

haHA! :hehe:

I remember Gretzky blowing a gasket over a couple rambunctious Wings' fans behind his bench in Phoenix. That was classic :!: