• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
themule93

Bright Spots

Rate this topic

Zetterberg- considering all the injuries hes still a point per game player this year. That, matched with his defensive effort is pretty good if you ask me. Maybe his goals are down, but he makes up for it by doing what he does for this team.

Filppula- without the injury, filppula would have been on pace for 56 points. That is incredible for someone who plays exellent defense and didnt really play steady enough to get good chemistry this year. I would expect nothing less than 60 points for him in a full season like this one.

Howard- carried the wings through the season and is pretty much the reason we are where we are. Fourth in Save percentage and sixth in goals against average. Just having a legit number one goalie that you know can steal a game night in and night out it something that the red wings havent had in a while so i look forward to a strong play off and an even brighter future for jimmy.

Helm, Eaves and Miller- fourth lines guys with roughyl 10 goals and twenty points each it unreal. Not to mention they put 110% into every single shift and kill penalties every game.

Holmstrom- Twenty goals already. Pretty good for a veteran who takes ridiculous amounts of abuse each game. If not for the injury i could haveseen homer getting 25-30 goals with 25 still being possible.

Lastly i think that seeing as the wings have just flown right into the play offs for countless years its good to have a year like this. years like this bring a team closer and make that drive to win even more effident.

These are some bright spots i have noticed thus far in the year. Add any i have missed and tell me if you agree or disagree.

Filppula- without the injury, filppula would have been on pace for 56 points. That is incredible for someone who plays exellent defense and didnt really play steady enough to get good chemistry this year. I would expect nothing less than 60 points for him in a full season like this one.

I'm really surprised by how well the Fil-Z-Bert line has come together. Fil has done really well with the extra minutes and Bert looks kind of rejuvenated.

I hope that line stays together, even though Fil is a center by nature; he's flourished as a winger.

Howard and Homer are the only ones to exceed my expectations so far.

Everyone else will have to prove themselves down the stretch and in the playoffs to be a "bright spot" in my eyes atleast.

Even if we don't make playoffs Jimmy is a bright spot. It's been a while since we've had a young goalie show they're capable of being a #1. Big improvement on the PK as well which always used to be one of our strengths.