• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Brandon Wong signs ATO with Griffins

Rate this topic

Good for him, we need more Asians in the NHL ... hahaha.

There is one other kid, Brandon Yip on Colorado? What's the deal, gotta name your kid Brandon if your Asian in order to have a chance to make it to the NHL?

that's so wong.

reminds me of this joke.

Su Wong marries Lee Wong. The next year,

the Wongs have a new baby.

The nurse brings out a lovely, healthy, bouncy,

but definitely a Caucasian, WHITE baby boy.

'Congratulations,' says the nurse to the new parents.

'Well Mr. Wong, what will you and Mrs. Wong name the baby?'

The puzzled father looks at his new baby boy and says,

'Well, two Wong's don't make a white,

so I think we will name him...

Are you ready for this?

Sum Ting Wong

anywho back on topic.

He's a lil dude. Maybe he will come here and turn into bolo yeung

bolo03.jpg

Ah, the only full-blooded Asian player in the NHL currently on an active roster is:

Richard Park, New York Islanders (Korean)

There are handful of Half Asian players:

Paul Kariya, St. Louis Blues

Manny Malhotra, San Jose Sharks

Raymond Sawada, Dallas Stars

Devin Setoguchi, San Jose Sharks

Brandon Yip, Colorado Avalanche

As for additional information regarding Brandon Wong -

Born Victoria, BC (He's actually Canadian)

Played 4 years at Quinnipiac University

GP: 127, Goals: 68, Assists: 75, Points: 145

Career Highlights include:

2010 Hobey Baker Finalist

Lead all Division 1 players in PP Goals (14)

Led Quinnipiac University in Points (41)

Third Highest Scorer in Active Division 1 Players (I'm assuming career)

http://www.mlive.com/griffins/index.ssf/2010/03/griffins_sign_brandon_wong_to.html

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=76583

Hope this helps

:ph34r:

I didn't notice your joke until now. I missed it at first.

Looks like he has at least some ability on offense. Nearly an average of a point per game over his hockey career.

Haven't seen Wong in particular. But Quinnipac has played against RIT since we (RIT) switched to D1 4 years ago. Quinnipac has a good program and a great hockey team usually. So I will take a guy having success from the school seriously.

However, Quinnipac is also no Michigan St, Michigan, Minnesota, Boston College, etc. So I expect him to have similar success as the RIT veteran in the AHL, Steve Pinizotto of the Hershey Bears (Entry Level Contract with the Capitals), that is a mildly successful AHL player that is mostly a career AHL prospect.

Wish him the best, and look forward to his addition as a probable 3rd or 4th liner on Grand Rapids.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Pinizzotto (For College Stats)- http://theahl.com/stats/player.php?id=1754 (For AHL Stats) He left at the same age as Wong and had similar College success.

reminds me of this joke.

Su Wong marries Lee Wong. The next year,

the Wongs have a new baby.

The nurse brings out a lovely, healthy, bouncy,

but definitely a Caucasian, WHITE baby boy.

'Congratulations,' says the nurse to the new parents.

'Well Mr. Wong, what will you and Mrs. Wong name the baby?'

The puzzled father looks at his new baby boy and says,

'Well, two Wong's don't make a white,

so I think we will name him...

Are you ready for this?

Sum Ting Wong

anywho back on topic.

Wow! You are straight-up dumb. I used to think that it might just be an online persona to go with your username, but you really are that stupid, aren't you? Everything you have ever posted about hockey, or politics, or life in general makes me think that you are a simple, simple person. Like Simple Jack status, seriously.

It truly does feel like an honor to have discovered this. I feel like god himself must have put you on this earth to entertain us all with your buffoonery and child-like ignorance. I know we'll probably never meet in real life, but if we ever did I would shake your drool-covered hand and buy you a cold, tall sippy cup. Bravo you Master of Mongoloids!

"I ain't got a gu-gu-good braaain"
Edited by Bannedforlife

Wow! You are straight-up dumb. I used to think that it might just be an online persona to go with your username, but you really are that stupid, aren't you? Everything you have ever posted about hockey, or politics, or life in general makes me think that you are a simple, simple person. Like Simple Jack status, seriously.

It truly does feel like an honor to have discovered this. I feel like god himself must have put you on this earth to entertain us all with your buffoonery and child-like ignorance. I know we'll probably never meet in real life, but if we ever did I would shake your drool-covered hand and buy you a cold, tall sippy cup. Bravo you Master of Mongoloids!

Wow. are you kidding me? As an Italian/Sicilain/Irish/French Canadian...I'm used to many jokes against me, and i really dont see a problem with the joke (which he did not come up with, but merely posted). There are a million jokes against my kind that i dont see a problem with, and while im not asian, i dont imagine that Asians would have a problem with the joke posted. He was merely trying to state the irregularity of asians in the game. If you actually follow the Wings you would see that we dont draft alot of asian players (along with the rest of the league) and im pretty sure he was just joking about the irregularatiy of signing of non hockey related cultures in the NHL today. why dont you try to lighten up like the rest of the forums has done. damn...

What the? Don't the Griffins already have to healthy scratch forwards? I don't get this.

Wong is a skilled forward. The Griffins perhaps needed to add some skill. It's only an amateur tryout. He might not even stay.

This type of move is generally to get an early look at an undrafted college player. I believe that is how we ended up with Lebda too...and see how well that turned out (said tongue in cheek).

Also, for all of the comments on Asians in the NHL, remember that the Griffins assistant coach is Jim Paek...

wow...someones not having a good day. its a joke.

have a great day=)

ohhhh also forgot..god loves you and so do I =)

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

Not what I'd call a well reasoned, calm response... :lol:

Sun Ting Wong, 2 wong make a white. Asians do find this offensive and let me tell you why as a social civil rights activist. Its racist, it not like a blonde joke because there is no stigma being blonde and rather the opposite it is a social desirable physical characteristic. Second, there is still racial prejudice around. Associating wong with wrong is demeaning and insulting. Why no jokes about brad and good 2 rons dont make a right? Could there be a racial element to this joke? History of exclusion, that is why there are so few Asians in general, not socially or popular group. These jokes are unacceptable, demeaning, insulting and not funny. If we had more nice things to say about Asians then we might be willing to let it slide, however in this society non whites are looked down upon as less worthy. I hope this is a lesson to those on the forum, let make this world better and more equal and respectful than before.