• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:23 PM

What the? Don't the Griffins already have to healthy scratch forwards? I don't get this.

Wong is a skilled forward. The Griffins perhaps needed to add some skill. It's only an amateur tryout. He might not even stay.

#22 GROwl

GROwl

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:43 AM

This type of move is generally to get an early look at an undrafted college player. I believe that is how we ended up with Lebda too...and see how well that turned out (said tongue in cheek).

Also, for all of the comments on Asians in the NHL, remember that the Griffins assistant coach is Jim Paek...

#23 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:16 PM

Wow! You are straight-up dumb. I used to think that it might just be an online persona to go with your username, but you really are that stupid, aren't you? Everything you have ever posted about hockey, or politics, or life in general makes me think that you are a simple, simple person. Like Simple Jack status, seriously.

It truly does feel like an honor to have discovered this. I feel like god himself must have put you on this earth to entertain us all with your buffoonery and child-like ignorance. I know we'll probably never meet in real life, but if we ever did I would shake your drool-covered hand and buy you a cold, tall sippy cup. Bravo you Master of Mongoloids!

wow...someones not having a good day. its a joke.

have a great day=)

ohhhh also forgot..god loves you and so do I =)

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 24 March 2010 - 01:28 PM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#24 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:56 PM

Wow! You are straight-up dumb. I used to think that it might just be an online persona to go with your username, but you really are that stupid, aren't you? Everything you have ever posted about hockey, or politics, or life in general makes me think that you are a simple, simple person. Like Simple Jack status, seriously.

It truly does feel like an honor to have discovered this. I feel like god himself must have put you on this earth to entertain us all with your buffoonery and child-like ignorance. I know we'll probably never meet in real life, but if we ever did I would shake your drool-covered hand and buy you a cold, tall sippy cup. Bravo you Master of Mongoloids!

Not what I'd call a well reasoned, calm response... :lol:
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#25 bcw420

bcw420

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:43 PM

Sun Ting Wong, 2 wong make a white. Asians do find this offensive and let me tell you why as a social civil rights activist. Its racist, it not like a blonde joke because there is no stigma being blonde and rather the opposite it is a social desirable physical characteristic. Second, there is still racial prejudice around. Associating wong with wrong is demeaning and insulting. Why no jokes about brad and good 2 rons dont make a right? Could there be a racial element to this joke? History of exclusion, that is why there are so few Asians in general, not socially or popular group. These jokes are unacceptable, demeaning, insulting and not funny. If we had more nice things to say about Asians then we might be willing to let it slide, however in this society non whites are looked down upon as less worthy. I hope this is a lesson to those on the forum, let make this world better and more equal and respectful than before.

#26 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:51 PM

Sun Ting Wong, 2 wong make a white. Asians do find this offensive and let me tell you why as a social civil rights activist. Its racist, it not like a blonde joke because there is no stigma being blonde and rather the opposite it is a social desirable physical characteristic. Second, there is still racial prejudice around. Associating wong with wrong is demeaning and insulting. Why no jokes about brad and good 2 rons dont make a right? Could there be a racial element to this joke? History of exclusion, that is why there are so few Asians in general, not socially or popular group. These jokes are unacceptable, demeaning, insulting and not funny. If we had more nice things to say about Asians then we might be willing to let it slide, however in this society non whites are looked down upon as less worthy. I hope this is a lesson to those on the forum, let make this world better and more equal and respectful than before.

Gutsy post.