• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zeta Power 40

Patrick Eaves still out for Red Wings; Dan Cleary remains questionable

Rate this topic

DETROIT -- Forward Patrick Eaves will miss his third consecutive game for the Detroit Red Wings Wednesday at home against St. Louis (7:30 p.m., FSN) due to a sore neck and back, while forward Dan Cleary (groin pull) said he hopes to play but that his status won't be determined until tomorrow.

“(Eaves) worked out and skated before us, so obviously he’s not cleared to go tomorrow,'' coach Mike Babcock said. "It’s day to day.’’

Cleary skated with the team and said he doesn't feel as good as he did on Tuesday but that he doesn't believe he's had a setback.

"It’s still not 100 percent. We’ll see tomorrow,'' Cleary said. “Everyone realizes the situation and time of season. Rather than have it aggravate for the next 10 games, sit out a couple and have it good.’’

Jimmy Howard will make his 20th consecutive start in goal.

Defenseman Brad Stuart said an MRI Monday on his sore neck revealed no issues and he felt fine during the 3-1 win over Pittsburgh.

Here are the lines and defense pairings they skated with:

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Bertuzzi-Zetterberg-Filppula

Cleary-Miller-Williams

Draper-Helm-Meech

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Lilja

Lebda

Howard (starting)

Osgood

Not bad news, these injuries seem to be short term.

It helps that Meech has played well. He's such a good 13th/7th forward/dman.

I wouldn't mind Meech coming back at a league minimum next year... he's actually been a serviceable plug when needed

I wouldn't mind Meech coming back at a league minimum next year... he's actually been a serviceable plug when needed

Agreed 100%. I'd rather him riding the bench and spot picking instead of wasting his spot on someone in the AHL who is benefiting more with 1st line minutes.

Edited by Konnan511

It seems every time Eaves is just starting to come around, out with an injury. What happened to Stuart for him needing an MRI?

His neck. Probably a high cross check or high stick or something. I didn't see the incident. Kenny Holland wouldn't disclose the injury. I thought that was really weird.

Ahh Eaves is so unlucky, he's always picking up these minor little injuries that keep him out for 2-3 games.

He was starting to chip in offensively too with 3 points in 4 games. He's a very underrated player and we need him back ASAP.