Hutts11

West Playoff Race

Rate this topic

5. Kings 89 pts

6. Preds 89 pts

7. Aves 87 pts

8. Wings 85 pts

9. Flames 81 pts

Kings have won the last 2, Preds are on fire going with 6 straight wins, the Aves are on a 2 game slide and we've picked up 7 pts in the last 4 games.

After looking at the points, what is the realistic chance that we can actually be higher than a 7 seed?

Edited by Hutts11

5. Kings 89 pts

6. Preds 89 pts

7. Aves 87 pts

8. Wings 85 pts

9. Flames 81 pts

Kings have won the last 2, Preds are on fire going with 6 straight wins, the Aves are on a 2 game slide and we've picked up 7 pts in the last 4 games.

After looking at the points, what is the realistic chance that we can actually be higher than a 7 seed?

Brace yourself for a barrage of people demanding "let's make sure we get into the playoffs before worrying about seeding!!!1PMG" Don't say I didnt warn you...

Edited by Bannedforlife

I've always thought it would be more interesting to have the top 16 in the League make the playoffs. Right now Calgary is 13th in the league and Boston is 19th, yet Boston would make it today. Could also make for some interesting matchups in the 1st round.

I've always thought it would be more interesting to have the top 16 in the League make the playoffs. Right now Calgary is 13th in the league and Boston is 19th, yet Boston would make it today. Could also make for some interesting matchups in the 1st round.

I actually like that Idea! I think you can crown the Conference Winner in the regular season just like they do with the division! Who knows, we could end up playing Pittsburgh in the first round!! That would be fun!!

I actually like that Idea! I think you can crown the Conference Winner in the regular season just like they do with the division! Who knows, we could end up playing Pittsburgh in the first round!! That would be fun!!

Yup, could have some VERY interesting matchups. Plus, it gives the NHL something that no other league has-no finals matchup is an impossibility.You could have a Montreal-Toronto, Detroit-Chicago, NYR-NYI finals. It always bothered me that some great rivals will never meet in the finals.

I have been saying get rid of the conference affiliations and seed the teams 1-16 for the last few years. If the Wings were in the east, they would be either the 4th or 5th seed.

I think they can get the 6th seed if they play like they have the last 10 games.

Yup, could have some VERY interesting matchups. Plus, it gives the NHL something that no other league has-no finals matchup is an impossibility.You could have a Montreal-Toronto, Detroit-Chicago, NYR-NYI finals. It always bothered me that some great rivals will never meet in the finals.

It would also further parity because only the true bottom half of the league would get the top 14 picks ;)

I think i'd rather play the #2 seed (San Jose or Phoenix probably), rather then Vancouver.

I think I'd rather see the Wings play just about any team that's not Vancouver. Haven't had much luck against them this season...

Guest mjtm77

im still not sure who i waNT TO THE WINGS TO PLAY iam thinking yotes. i think i heard they have 11 shootout or ot wins not sure tho.

I think I'd rather see the Wings play just about any team that's not Vancouver. Haven't had much luck against them this season...

We're 3-1 against Vancouver this year.

3-0-1 against San Jose

2-0-2 against Phoenix

2-2-1 against Chicago

Also worthy of note:

16-8-5 vs Western playoff teams

11-10-5 vs Western non-playoff teams

6-2-2 vs Eastern playoff teams

3-3-1 vs Eastern non-playoff teams

Only Western team we haven't beaten this season? Edmonton :blink:

Edited by Buppy

If we beat Nashville twice we could come 6th.

I think i'd rather play the #2 seed (San Jose or Phoenix probably), rather then Vancouver.

Vancouver is dangerous but Luongo has yet to prove he's a winner in the playoffs.

im still not sure who i waNT TO THE WINGS TO PLAY iam thinking yotes. i think i heard they have 11 shootout or ot wins not sure tho.

I wouldn't want to play Phoenix.

They've got a goaltender that can steal games (see Canada vs Russia WC 2009)

Wolski has really clicked

They have veterans and leaders, and a great coach

They don't have top defenders but the gap between their 1-6 isn't that big IMO

San Jose are chokers and same with Vancouver, although I don't think they want to play against Lou.

Chicago's defence is not looking good with the injuries.

Finishing 7th or 8th is the most likely. I am fine with that position. That means either Chicago, San Jose or Phoenix which is alright. The Wings (playing like this) can handle these three teams :). None of those three should scare us. Phoenix is hot right now and their building will be electric in the playoff so I am inclined to hope they finish 4th but who cares, bring them, Chicago or San Jose on.

Say we do end up playing PHX in the playoffs, as a former resident there, any idea what the ice conditions would be in there at the middle of april? Gets pretty toasty down there early in the spring...

Edited by Hutts11

Beware the Shark! I know that they are known as playoff chokers, but so do they. I have seen too many milestones and records broken against the Wings. I actually think that they will win the first round no matter who they play. Just saying...they might be due.

Apparently the Wings have a 4% of getting 5th, 15% chance of getting 6th, 25% chance of getting 7th, a 43% of getting 8th, a 9% chance of getting 9th, and a 2% chance of getting 10th.

At least according to this: http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Western/Central/RedWings.html

Thought we were up to 88.4% being in the playoffs (8th most likely)

I guess if you add those up it could be 88 lol

The Wings are 10-3-4 (or is it 10-4-3) against the top 4 teams in the west!

It's kind of nice thinking other teams might be waking up and checking the Wings box score in the morning. Maybe getting that look in their eyes, looking over their shoulders for us.

But truth be told I'm just ready for playoff hockey, I don't care who we play.

We're 3-1 against Vancouver this year.

3-0-1 against San Jose

2-0-2 against Phoenix

2-2-1 against Chicago

Also worthy of note:

16-8-5 vs Western playoff teams

11-10-5 vs Western non-playoff teams

6-2-2 vs Eastern playoff teams

3-3-1 vs Eastern non-playoff teams

Only Western team we haven't beaten this season? Edmonton :blink:

Actually I don't believe we beat the Blues either...