• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:21 PM

Filppula has 5 points in the past 2 games, 9 points in the last 9 games and 25 points in the last 32 games (a 64 point pace). With 10 games left, he needs 9 points to hit his total last year in 25 less games.

For a little bit of fun (no arguing! hopefully), I thought I'd make a poll asking if he can break 40 and then we'll see who is right at the end of the season.

I'm gonna say yes. I know it's a little bit of a stretch as he needs to be almost a PPG player, but I think he's shown he can pull it off. I'd say it's just as likely that he won't though.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#2 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:28 PM

I voted yes, just because I'm usually on the other side of a Filppula argument.

Really though, he has been great lately. I think if him, Z and Bert keep playing like they have, there is no reason Fil can't get to 40 points.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#3 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:30 PM

I'll say no. I like Filppula but i think he'll come just short.

Posted Image

#4 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:35 PM

He's gonna have to get a PPG for the rest of the season. That will be tough, but with the way his line has been playing, it doesn't seem so far-fetched. I would say there is about a 40% chance he does.
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#5 Grim

Grim

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:38 PM

I would rather see Filpulla (and all the rest of our beloved Red Wings) healthy and hungry come playoff time!

#6 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:23 PM

I had to vote the 2nd option, as much as I like Filppula, and as hot as his line has been lately, I think he will fall just shy, but I hope I'm wrong. His whole line is incredibly streaky this year, and I don't see him maintaining a PPG pace for 10 more games.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#7 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:38 PM

I had to vote the 2nd option, as much as I like Filppula, and as hot as his line has been lately, I think he will fall just shy, but I hope I'm wrong. His whole line is incredibly streaky this year, and I don't see him maintaining a PPG pace for 10 more games.

My vote/opinion too.

It's great that he seems to be getting better with the more ice time, but I'm still shocked everytime he scores. Hopefully he keeps improving and turns out to be another first-liner forward playing on our 2nd line (the Z-Fil thing is working just fine right now)

#8 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:21 PM

I really want him to get out of the minus category.

#9 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:25 PM

I'll say no, but I really hope he does.... especially if he can keep his play as of late (he seems to be finding more confidence).
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#10 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:42 PM

hell be close especially if the 2nd line continues to score. im looking forward to what he can do next year healthy. i say he improved so much after last year. i still think he needs to shoot more. go flip

#11 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:54 AM

Flip has to stop being so passive with the puck or else he could be a great player. Until he shows some agressiveness like zetterberg does carrying the puck, 50 points a year will be his worth, with a couple 60 point seasons on his resume. Yes he'll hit 40 points if he plays the rest of the remaining season. Zetterberg seems like he is revolted and Flip has played pretty good recently so I wouldn't doubt it. Once Mule gets his stride back with Dats, this team will be real dangerous.

#12 Aki

Aki

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:25 AM

if injuries == no
then yes

#13 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,817 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:23 AM

I voted that he'll get close. But without the injury I am sure he would have at least 45 right now.

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Referees

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#14 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:13 AM

His last 2 games were crazy production wise for him, and with Z firing up they could keep producing at a nice rate the remaining games of the season. I don't think Fil will quite get to 40 though, gonna say he'll get 38.
He's had a good season regardless, shame he got injured otherwise it'd be a real breakout year for him. 15-20 goals and 50 points easy, maybe more.

#15 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:09 AM

I voted no, but close, just because a point per game clip is hard to do... at the same token, I wouldn't be surprised if he did it with the way his line is playing and as long as he stays with Z...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#16 Green Wing

Green Wing

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:30 AM

I voted 'yes'.

Cos that line looks gooood.

#17 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:39 AM

maybe...
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#18 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:46 AM

I think he'll get close but, realistically I don't see it happening. Here's hoping I'm wrong!

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#19 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:54 AM

I voted No but he'll get close, and believe you me I want him to! I just dont see it happening, but if it does if Flip wouldnt mind getting bert in on a few because he is ten away from 50 and that would have been great too!

*we actually have alot of guys close to certain marks someone should post a thread and keep the top ten point "getter's" updated and we'll keep it updated everygame :thumbup:

Edited by 13dangledangle, 24 March 2010 - 08:57 AM.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#20 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:03 AM

I voted yes even though logically it probably wont happen and he'll end up close but I have faith. I'm happy to, at the moment, over hype Filppula's production in hopes of making the playoffs. Hell, while on the topic I have faith Bertuzzi ends up with 30 goals this season ha ha ok well maybe not
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca