• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Z and D for the C

Will Filppula hit 40 points?

Rate this topic

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Filppula has 5 points in the past 2 games, 9 points in the last 9 games and 25 points in the last 32 games (a 64 point pace). With 10 games left, he needs 9 points to hit his total last year in 25 less games.

For a little bit of fun (no arguing! hopefully), I thought I'd make a poll asking if he can break 40 and then we'll see who is right at the end of the season.

I'm gonna say yes. I know it's a little bit of a stretch as he needs to be almost a PPG player, but I think he's shown he can pull it off. I'd say it's just as likely that he won't though.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

He's gonna have to get a PPG for the rest of the season. That will be tough, but with the way his line has been playing, it doesn't seem so far-fetched. I would say there is about a 40% chance he does.

I had to vote the 2nd option, as much as I like Filppula, and as hot as his line has been lately, I think he will fall just shy, but I hope I'm wrong. His whole line is incredibly streaky this year, and I don't see him maintaining a PPG pace for 10 more games.

I had to vote the 2nd option, as much as I like Filppula, and as hot as his line has been lately, I think he will fall just shy, but I hope I'm wrong. His whole line is incredibly streaky this year, and I don't see him maintaining a PPG pace for 10 more games.

My vote/opinion too.

It's great that he seems to be getting better with the more ice time, but I'm still shocked everytime he scores. Hopefully he keeps improving and turns out to be another first-liner forward playing on our 2nd line (the Z-Fil thing is working just fine right now)

Flip has to stop being so passive with the puck or else he could be a great player. Until he shows some agressiveness like zetterberg does carrying the puck, 50 points a year will be his worth, with a couple 60 point seasons on his resume. Yes he'll hit 40 points if he plays the rest of the remaining season. Zetterberg seems like he is revolted and Flip has played pretty good recently so I wouldn't doubt it. Once Mule gets his stride back with Dats, this team will be real dangerous.

His last 2 games were crazy production wise for him, and with Z firing up they could keep producing at a nice rate the remaining games of the season. I don't think Fil will quite get to 40 though, gonna say he'll get 38.

He's had a good season regardless, shame he got injured otherwise it'd be a real breakout year for him. 15-20 goals and 50 points easy, maybe more.

I voted No but he'll get close, and believe you me I want him to! I just dont see it happening, but if it does if Flip wouldnt mind getting bert in on a few because he is ten away from 50 and that would have been great too!

*we actually have alot of guys close to certain marks someone should post a thread and keep the top ten point "getter's" updated and we'll keep it updated everygame :thumbup:

Edited by 13dangledangle

I voted yes even though logically it probably wont happen and he'll end up close but I have faith. I'm happy to, at the moment, over hype Filppula's production in hopes of making the playoffs. Hell, while on the topic I have faith Bertuzzi ends up with 30 goals this season ha ha ok well maybe not

I voted 'Yes' because it's not a very long period of time and that line is clicking right now. If it would be just about Filppula I had voted 'No'. Couple of those multi-point good games for the line and it shouldn't be too hard.

Edited by Finnish Wing

Better one than none. Like you're some kind a true Red Wings fan, gimme a break. Go watch your boy Beckham kick that ball.

Caught a big one here. Get it fried and battered with some chips (fries) and we've got ourselves a meal here boys.

And David Beckham? Please...this isnt the 90's anymore.

Edited by uk_redwing