• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Z and D for the C

Will Filppula hit 40 points?

Rate this topic

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

That's pretty insulting to Hudler, man.

Assuming sarcasm?

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

1) That was mearly one of my arguments, you ignored the part about Hudler being a top 20 points per TOI producer, or the many other highly credited scouts and analysits who slapped Hudler as a future star, Including Bob Mckeanzie and pretty much every single good draft service, which many pegged him as a top 10 pick a few years before his draft. As I said earlier, try to imagine Hossa playing with Hudler's body... I have a very hard time thinking he would be anything more than fringe player.

2) Not trying to sound pompous, but I sincerley doubt that LOTS of consistant posters here played the game at the level I did (and if you doubt my claims, PM me and I will tell you who I am as well as provide ample proof). This is not meant to come off as bragging, but I have been on the same Ice as several players who are NHL bound or in the NHL already,and held my own, as well as spending 250+ days a year at a rink, for over 10 years. I was not the most naturally talented player, and in fact my lack of proper reaction was one of the main reason's I never was more than a role player in Juniors, but I doubt very many other people on this board have had to watch hours of footage of players away from the puck to learn great postioning, or have just been around Hockey as much in general. Watching the game on TV, and following the puck vision is nice and all, but there is so much more than that. I'm not even trying to sound elitiest, it's just common sense if you spend more time around a higher level of product that you will pick up things just by osmosis, never mind the incessent coaching, or drills.

Watching 80+ games of hockey from a vantage view meant to optimize action moments is not the same as watching a fair amount of NHL games also, as well as playing 80+, as well as 150+ practices most complete with a least a minor amount of film sessions.

What's your point? Just that playing at a higher level gives you better understanding for the game? I would agree with that to a certain point. I played in the O but only played 5 games before I blew out my knee. My dad was a scout for an NHL team and I used to travel with him sometimes.

Edited by DatsyukianDeke13

1) That was mearly one of my arguments, you ignored the part about Hudler being a top 20 points per TOI producer, or the many other highly credited scouts and analysits who slapped Hudler as a future star, Including Bob Mckeanzie and pretty much every single good draft service, which many pegged him as a top 10 pick a few years before his draft. As I said earlier, try to imagine Hossa playing with Hudler's body... I have a very hard time thinking he would be anything more than fringe player.

2) Not trying to sound pompous, but I sincerley doubt that LOTS of consistant posters here played the game at the level I did (and if you doubt my claims, PM me and I will tell you who I am as well as provide ample proof). This is not meant to come off as bragging, but I have been on the same Ice as several players who are NHL bound or in the NHL already,and held my own, as well as spending 250+ days a year at a rink, for over 10 years. I was not the most naturally talented player, and in fact my lack of proper reaction was one of the main reason's I never was more than a role player in Juniors, but I doubt very many other people on this board have had to watch hours of footage of players away from the puck to learn great postioning, or have just been around Hockey as much in general. Watching the game on TV, and following the puck vision is nice and all, but there is so much more than that. I'm not even trying to sound elitiest, it's just common sense if you spend more time around a higher level of product that you will pick up things just by osmosis, never mind the incessent coaching, or drills.

Watching 80+ games of hockey from a vantage view meant to optimize action moments is not the same as watching a fair amount of NHL games also, as well as playing 80+, as well as 150+ practices most complete with a least a minor amount of film sessions.

What's your point? Just that playing at a higher level gives you better understanding for the game? I would agree with that to a certain point. I played in the O but only played 5 games before I blew out my knee. My dad was a scout for an NHL team and I used to travel with him sometimes.

Yeah? Well I learned to skate at age 12 and never got past house level hockey. :lol:

Beat that!

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Yes... that is the point of my post. I have no idea why you would ever assume anything else.

what the hell? weren't we wondering if fil was going to hit 40 this year? i skipped page to to see reactions after tonight's game, and we're comparing kovie and huds? what the f*** happened? :D

anyway, val is now 11+23=34, and is now +1. he is 4+4=8 and +8 in his last three games. yes, one was EN, but another was shorthanded, so i think they make up for each other...

are you kidding me??? i mean, he obviously won't keep this up all the time, and a lot of that has to do with him playing with zetterberg, who is playing *much* better of late, but it seems like they're making each other much better, which is the point of a good line.

in our current 3-game winning streak, datsyuk has 1 goal and no assists, franzen has no points, and homer has no points in the last five. and yet this one line is playing amazingly. if filppula and z can at least maintain half their recent level of play, and datsyuk and franzen get going again (they were hot a while ago, and can come back any time), and if we get some odd goals from cleary/eaves/miller/helm, we will be in great shape, IMO.

so, to the point, i could see flippula hitting 40 this year, if he keeps it up! let's hope for good confidence and 60 points next year!

After the last 3 games, I am seriously considering changing my vote. I am a die-hard Filppula supporter, but even I didn't think he would put up 8 points in 3 games. Now, he only needs 6 points in the next 9 games to hit 40 (which will match a career high in almost 30 fewer games) and hopefully that level of play will carry over into the playoffs, where he already has a history of stepping up his game.

what the hell? weren't we wondering if fil was going to hit 40 this year? i skipped page to to see reactions after tonight's game, and we're comparing kovie and huds? what the f*** happened? biggrin.gif

anyway, val is now 11+23=34, and is now +1. he is 4+4=8 and +8 in his last three games. yes, one was EN, but another was shorthanded, so i think they make up for each other...

are you kidding me??? i mean, he obviously won't keep this up all the time, and a lot of that has to do with him playing with zetterberg, who is playing *much* better of late, but it seems like they're making each other much better, which is the point of a good line.

in our current 3-game winning streak, datsyuk has 1 goal and no assists, franzen has no points, and homer has no points in the last five. and yet this one line is playing amazingly. if filppula and z can at least maintain half their recent level of play, and datsyuk and franzen get going again (they were hot a while ago, and can come back any time), and if we get some odd goals from cleary/eaves/miller/helm, we will be in great shape, IMO.

so, to the point, i could see flippula hitting 40 this year, if he keeps it up! let's hope for good confidence and 60 points next year!

Thing is, since the break we've been on fire - but we've only had 1 line clicking every night. Either the 1st line rules and we win, or the 2nd line rules and we win :) As long as one of the lines is clicking they can provide enough offense to win us a game.

As for Flip, I actually voted no despite being a card carrying Fillpulla slappy. He's such a streaky player. I guess his key now is having better streaks and shorter slumps.

He currently has 34 points and there are 9 games left in the season. Next year should be the break out season for him.

I think this has already been a breakout season, considering he has been injured. He was one of our best players right when the season started. He has 34 points in 46 games, that's about 0,74 points per game. If he would be able to be healthy next season and played like he had all this season (yes, not just the past three games) he would end up with +60 points (82x0,74). So basically this season pace is 20 points better than the last season. Pretty good IMO. Edited by Finnish Wing

Considering that Hudler was WELL WITHIN the top 100 in scorers, and was top 20 in the league in points per over TOI, I question your ability to back up such a bulls*** claim.

Also, if your reading comprehension wasn't as bad as your hockey talent analysis, you would realise I said Hudler had some of the most PURE TALENT, I.E. Stick Handeling, Vision, Shot Placement, not overall player, or body. Do not put words in my mouth, or anything else for that matter, I'm not your boyfriend.

When you watch several hours of film a week for your entire childhood or make it to a a level of Hockey where you get paid than you can refute my talent analysis. Hossa is obviously a better player than Hudler, but most of his strengths were due to his impressive ability to maintain the puck and his ridiculous speed. Hudler has neither of these, but that does not mean he dosen't have more pure talent.

At one point in time Hudler was considered to be of phenom potential, and through the majority of his teens was considered to be one of the players in the world for his age. The only reason he did not dominate more (notice I say more, since he was among league leaders in points per TOI), was due to his body, if you gave Hossa Hudler's body he would most probably not make it to the NHL.

wow get over yourself. What nhl team are you on now.

Haha. 'My name is EZ and my penis is bigger than yours'.

you have a small penis. Until you you use your penis to a level that lets you get paid dont refute my penis analysis.

Edited by Hossa4Life

you have a small penis. Until you you use your penis to a level that makes you get paid dont refute my penis analysis.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh my goodness. I'm in a computer lab doing statistics and I literally busted out laughing. This is definitely being Sig'd!!!

I think this has already been a breakout season, considering he has been injured. He was one of our best players right when the season started. He has 34 points in 46 games, that's about 0,74 points per game. If he would be able to be healthy next season and played like he had all this season (yes, not just the past three games) he would end up with +60 points (82x0,74). So basically this season pace is 20 points better than the last season. Pretty good IMO.

I want to see Flip play a full season healthy and see what he can do; but yes, you are correct, he has been playing very well this year. No guessing ya know?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

All of you guys are right, actually doing something at a high level and having far more exposure dosen't help one understand the game at all. I'm going to go read a few books about climbing Mt. Everest, and than climb ontop of my driveway, so I can fully experiance what it is like to be a professional MT. Climber. I can then go onto websites about MT climbing and talk s*** to people who actually climb decent leveld cliffs. :rolleyes:

Keep telling yourself you fully understand the game from your postion on your couch, maybe you can scout your beer leagues for the whole 8 games you play a year. Either way it beats putting words in other people's mouths, ignoring all the facts I stated, and continue to belive that there are really well over a 100 players with more talent than Hudler in the league. Normally I'd give people the benifit of the doubt, but this forum has continued to amaze me with the general idiocy and "follow the popular opinion" mentality.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

All of you guys are right, actually doing something at a high level and having far more exposure dosen't help one understand the game at all. rolleyes.gif

Keep telling yourself you fully understand the game from your postion on your couch, maybe you can scout your beer leagues for the whole 8 games you play a year. Either way it beats putting words in other people's mouths, ignoring all the facts I stated, and continue to belive that there are really well over a 100 players with more talent than Hudler in the league.

if only we all could have played at the best arena in the world, artic pond. I mean it seats close to 30 people!!! You have so much hockey talent and knowledge. How can you even stand talking to us untalented and uninformed losers.rolleyes.gif

Edited by Hossa4Life

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

if only we all could have played at the best arena in the world, artic pond. I mean it seats close to 30 people!!! You have so much hockey talent and knowledge. How can you even stand talking to us untalented and uninformed losers.rolleyes.gif

So you honestly do not think that being around something significantly more than another person would aid in one knoweldge?

And for the record it was more 2-4 thousand on avearge.

So you honestly do not think that being around something significantly more than another person would aid in one knoweldge?

Your ego is unbelieveable. There are like 4 rows on one side of the arena. It cant seat anywhere near 2-4 thousand. it would be luckey to seat 500.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Your ego is unbelieveable. There are like 4 rows on one side of the arena. It cant seat anywhere near 2-4 thousand. it would be luckey to seat 500.

You realize I'm talking about the OHL not my tripple A team correct?

Uhh what? Maybe I'm thinking of a different arctic pond but there is no chance that place holds 2-4 thousand.

Nvm: either way I really don't think it matters what level of hockey you played at as long as you make the points. So how about we drop it? Okay?

Edited by Doc Holliday