• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
king_malice

Life after Lids

Rate this topic

After Lidstrom retires who do you think will be named Captain of the team and why ?

Datsyuk

Zetterberg

Franzen

Helm

Kronwall

Stuart

Rafalski

All of these players have the potential to be Captains of this team.(Datsyuk,Franzen,Zetterberg) all can supply the team with big time goals when needed and have leadership in them. Helm can change the pace of a game all on his own with his speed, hits and big time goals like we seen in the playoffs. (Kronwall,Stuart,Rafalski) all can make big plays whether its from a good breakout pass, shutting down big line players and making big hits. This team is full of leaders just curious to see who you guys think it will be whether you think its one of the guys ive named or someone else.

my order would be from my list.

Zetterberg

Kronwall

Datsyuk

Rafalski(maybe not just because he is getting up there in age but so was Lids)

Stuart

Helm

Franzen

Edited by king_malice

Guest mindfly

No captain after lids.. there is no other perfect captain so therefore better to just have a few A's.

The Wings have been blessed with 2 back to back amazing captains in Yzerman and Lidstrom and those skates will never be filled well at least by the players we have on our roster now, but Zetterberg i do believe is the closest player with great leadership skills. To me the "C" retired with Stevie Y's number

As stated, it will be Zetterberg.

exactly.

I think by the time Lidstrom retires, Draper will be gone as well, which means we will have a new "A" as well... I think the obvious choices moving forward are:

C - Zetterberg

A - Datsyuk

A - Kronwall

exactly.

I think by the time Lidstrom retires, Draper will be gone as well, which means we will have a new "A" as well... I think the obvious choices moving forward are:

C - Zetterberg

A - Datsyuk

A - Kronwall

My thoughts pretty much.

Z has been groomed for the position. Level headed, respected and talented; The three qualities I think are most necessary for captaincy.

Guest mindfly

Would Datsyuk be the next C if he spoke english fluently?

Also maybe it's a good choice to have 1 North american Assistant captain too, if it's Z, pavel and kronner it's three euro's perhaps not the most optimal thing...

Edited by mindfly

Would Datsyuk be the next C if he spoke english fluently?

Also maybe it's a good choice to have 1 North american Assistant captain too, if it's Z, pavel and kronner it's three euro's perhaps not the most optimal thing...

Kronwall speaks English really well and plays the game right... he's got the natural leadership abilities too and I think that matters more than country of origin...

the only NA who might get a nod would be Rafalski, but even he's only going to be here for a couple more years too...

Edited by stevkrause

Zetterberg "C"

Datsyuk"A"

Stuart"A"

Kronwall"A"

why not have 3 alternates like we do now ? I think Stuart makes a good "A" good leadership skills,can elevate the teams play with his hits and all around good d-man. I do think Dats would have a better chance at the "C" if his english was better because him and Zetterberg are almost exactly the same type of player and person on the ice.

Edited by king_malice

you guys didn't hear? In the next CBA it will announced that Sidney Crosby will be Captain of the NHL. and since nobody can hold his jock, there will be no Alternate Captains. They have embedded a chip inside of him that allows him to be contacted at anytime during the day to discuss plays and watch replays to help officials make the correct calls.

you guys didn't hear? In the next CBA it will announced that Sidney Crosby will be Captain of the NHL. and since nobody can hold his jock, there will be no Alternate Captains. They have embedded a chip inside of him that allows him to be contacted at anytime during the day to discuss plays and watch replays to help officials make the correct calls.

LOOOOL

Crosby as the captain for 30 NHL teams would be the best way to promote this league to be more entertaining and exciting.

Zetterberg is the obvious choice for the, "C". The bigger question, in my book, has already been touched on. That is the matter of who get's the, "A's". Like stevkrause said, Draper will probably be gone so we'll have 3 A's available. I've gotta think that Franzen pulls one, and I also like the idea of giving one to Kronwall. As it's been said, he's got great leadership capabilities. Surprisingly, I sort of like the idea of Stuart getting one as an North American, but I realistically think we're looking at:

C - Zetterberg

A - Datsyuk

A - Kronwall

A - Franzen

Guest screwdahawks

I DON'T want to think about life after Lids. It's been so long since the Wings have had a s***ty defense that I'm sure that all the fans will call it the VOID instead of defense. Do they still make those brown grocery bags????????????????:scared: