• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerman191

Revenge

Rate this topic

Looking at the upcoming schedule today, I noticed something I had previously missed: though a lot of our matches are against teams that are out of playoff contention, many of them could have an unsettled grudge with the 'Wings.

St. Louis, Minnesota, Nashville, Edmonton, and Columbus are all teams we've been beating up on year after year in recent history, so I guess my question is this: will that be on their mind when they're playing us? Will they be thinking about how they may be able to knock us out of the 8th seed and get a little revenge?

Just thought it was a funny topic. ;)

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Most likely. The majority of teams hate the Wings (envy) so the teams that have nothing to play for will be motivated with the sole purpose of ruining our season.

Teams out of the playoff race will still play hard. What most people forget is that these guys are still playing for jobs. Coaches dont want to be fired so they'll try to show improvement with the team heading into the off season. Players coming up on UFA WANT to be picked up by a team so they play hard as well. All in all I dont think they will be trying to knock Detroit out of 8th seed as much as they will be trying to keep/get a job next year.

We play s***ty against bad teams more then we do against good teams so this isn't going to be an "easy" schedule as some think.

No kidding. It's kind of strange I'd rather play the likes of San Jose, Vancouver and Chicago than the bottom-feeders. At least you know the Wings are going to show up for 60 minutes.

Guest ZetterbergFourty

Pretty good example of losing constantly to bottom feeders: games vs. the Toronto Maple Leafs.

They never seem to show up for even 5 minutes against those ticks.

Did I just call the Maple Leafs ticks? I sure did. Enjoy those picks, Boston.

Pretty good example of losing constantly to bottom feeders: games vs. the Toronto Maple Leafs.

They never seem to show up for even 5 minutes against those ticks.

Did I just call the Maple Leafs ticks? I sure did. Enjoy those picks, Boston.

:lol: this post makes me happy!

it'll be nice to see tyler seguin replace kessell on the B's.

on topic: you guys are right that the wings play down to the level of s***ty teams and it's cost them lots of points this year. take this weekend for example. loss in a shootout to edmonton and them and OT win and regulation win against vancouver and s***tsburgh.

god i hope they beat nashville twice and columbus 3 times. nashville are effectively 4 point games and blue jackets just suck ass. and for f***s sake beat the oilers on the 30th!

There's probably some revenge or spoiler factor, but that's mostly press/newspaper clipping stuff IMO. If a team is all but out of a postseason attempt, players might say stuff like that, but they're probably more worried about doing well/winning first due to being naturally competitive.

Looking at the upcoming schedule today, I noticed something I had previously missed: though a lot of our matches are against teams that are out of playoff contention, many of them could have an unsettled grudge with the 'Wings.

St. Louis, Minnesota, Nashville, Edmonton, and Columbus are all teams we've been beating up on year after year in recent history, so I guess my question is this: will that be on their mind when they're playing us? Will they be thinking about how they may be able to knock us out of the 8th seed and get a little revenge?

Just thought it was a funny topic. ;)

Way I see it, we still owe Edmonton from 2006.