• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Huet to start the Hawks next game

Rate this topic

Bad move by the Hawks! If I were them, I would play Niemi and tell Huet to stick his ass to the bench lol

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/news/story?id=5024819

It's funny to read all the comments from the ESPN article.

Hawks fans going into meltdown mode. 1st Round exit coming! (If its against us)

Q will probably go with Niemi in net for playoffs. Chicago is nowhere near desperation time, why not make sure your backup is warm by giving him a game to see if he can get both Niemi and Huet are playing well ... if Detroit had that luxury, most of us would want to see Ozzie get a game in.

Why do so many say sending Huet to the minors would make their organization look bad and scare away UFAs? It's obvious Huet is terrible and didn't take the reigns of the #1 spot despite numerous chances. So what other reason would they need to send him down and relieve some of their cap nightmares? The guy sucks.

I just don't get why a lot of you guys don't think it's a reasonable option for them.

Edited by Tommy_Like_Wingy

Niemi came in in the second period vs CBJ in relief of Huet, but only lasted 5:43, letting in 1 goal on 5 shots, and then left the ice, Huet coming in again. Injury? That would all but bury the Hawks playoff chances. Poor Hossa, lol.

I think Oz lost to the Jackets something like 8-2 or 8-0 late last season. Then he was stellar in the POs again. Then again Huet is NOT Osgood.....

Ozzy already had 3 cup rings at that point. ;) Huet's resume is much less impressive.

Why do so many say sending Huet to the minors would make their organization look bad and scare away UFAs? It's obvious Huet is terrible and didn't take the reigns of the #1 spot despite numerous chances. So what other reason would they need to send him down and relieve some of their cap nightmares? The guy sucks.

I just don't get why a lot of you guys don't think it's a reasonable option for them.

Because demotion to the minors is a very, very, very uncommon thing for an organization to do. That's especially true in this situation where it's clear that the demotion would be to make up for piss poor management decisions in signing a UFA to a bloated contract right before a bunch of high profile RFAs had to be signed.

Is Huet terrible? Yeah. Is he a different goalie than the guy they signed? No.

Because demotion to the minors is a very, very, very uncommon thing for an organization to do. That's especially true in this situation where it's clear that the demotion would be to make up for piss poor management decisions in signing a UFA to a bloated contract right before a bunch of high profile RFAs had to be signed.

Is Huet terrible? Yeah. Is he a different goalie than the guy they signed? No.

Huh? I thought he was given the bloated contract because he did well in Washington. Granted he had a weak team in front of him in Wash so they didn't do much in the playoffs but Huet at least came across as a competent netminder. I remember him doing pretty well in Montreal too.

I honestly don't see why demoting him would be such a terrible thing when they guy has sh*t the bed how many times this year alone? He's just not any good...at all. I mean I wouldn't even trust him as a backup. He constantly lets in softies, and crumbles under pressure. He's just not what he used to be. And if that doesn't scream AHL calibur then what does? I mean how much worse could he possibly get before it would be ok for them to send him down? I mean if there's some kind of breaking point then what would it be? If I was calling the shots down in Chicago I'd have his bags packed for him before they got home from Columbus.

Edited by Tommy_Like_Wingy

It's not like Niemi has stellar playoff statistics, though. Going into the playoffs with a horribly overpaid sieve and a rookie = early season end.

Good thing Ozzie is cheap and Howard is not a sieve