• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 pjgj13

pjgj13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:00 PM

But if Colorado can beat the Kings, the Wings will be 2 points away from being tied for 5th in conference. Yeah, I know about the tiebreakers, but 2 points separating 4 teams with less than 10 games left should make for an interesting 2-3 weeks!

Edited by pjgj13, 24 March 2010 - 09:07 PM.

#2 BamaWing

BamaWing

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:21 PM

definitely the playoffs as it stands right now and how it'll be at the end of the season could look so much different it's crazy

Posted Image

#3 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:23 PM

ya, if the wings win fri against min and then sat against nashville, they jump them in the standings

#4 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,295 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:24 PM

The top 4 and bottom 4 seeds could basically end up in a million different ways. It's impossible to say who will face who in the 1st round at this point.

Like you say, the last weeks will be fun, I just hope Calgary chokes and fades away so we don't have to worry about falling to 9th atleast.

#5 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:53 PM

About the only thing that worries me now, ironically enough, is that we have 5 games against the bottom 3 teams in the West (and 4 of them at home). Far too many 'trap' games for my liking. Then we have the Preds and Flyers (both fighting for playoff spots themselves) on the road, and both the 2nd night of back to back for us. Looks easy on paper, but I hate our schedule. Probably because if we miss now, it would have to go down as an epic collapse.

That said, I think we'll beat Nashville twice, leapfrog them and either the Avs or Kings, and end up in the 6 spot against Vancouver.

#6 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:53 PM

This is such a crazy year that they may just as well be better off being 8 than 5 (A lot of people would rather the Wings play SJ than PHO, I'm not sure). Every team in the West playoff picture is so good this year that anybody could beat anybody. Obviously it's great to see them keep moving up, but I honestly don't know who I want them to face in the first round if they make it. It's like picking the lesser of seven evils. If only they were in the lEast...
"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#7 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:15 PM

Obviously it's great to see them keep moving up, but I honestly don't know who I want them to face in the first round if they make it. It's like picking the lesser of seven evils. If only they were in the lEast...

Goalie issues aside, I still think Chicago is the best of those seven, so I'd prefer not to play them first. I also like the thought of being in fifth if only to avoid having to go through 1-2-3 (in theory) to get to the finals. Heck, if they're five and win in the first, they could end up with home ice in the second.

#8 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:17 PM

I'm not sure who I want to win this one. If LA wins then we can jump COL pretty easily. But if COL wins then LA will only be 2 points away from us so we could possibly catch 5th if the Preds stay in place.

#9 wingsownnhl43

wingsownnhl43

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:21 PM

About the only thing that worries me now, ironically enough, is that we have 5 games against the bottom 3 teams in the West (and 4 of them at home). Far too many 'trap' games for my liking. Then we have the Preds and Flyers (both fighting for playoff spots themselves) on the road, and both the 2nd night of back to back for us. Looks easy on paper, but I hate our schedule. Probably because if we miss now, it would have to go down as an epic collapse.

That said, I think we'll beat Nashville twice, leapfrog them and either the Avs or Kings, and end up in the 6 spot against Vancouver.

Honestly, I dont want the six seed. Vancouver scares me the most. That being said, I have a hard time believing we dont make up two points in the last nine games, (albeit La has a game in hand on us) and we jump to the 5 seed.

I just dont see San Jose making a long run, I think Chicagos goaltending will catch up to them in the playoffs, and as for Phoenix, its very unusual for a young team to make a long run. They will have to take their lumps before they can be considered a legitimate threat in my book.

As far as I see it, the Wings have as good of a shot as anyone to come out of the west, Vancouver being the strongest opponent, which is why I dont want to see them first.

Edited by wingsownnhl43, 24 March 2010 - 10:21 PM.

#10 wingsownnhl43

wingsownnhl43

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:27 PM

And to be completely honest if I were to rank the teams I dont want to face in the playoffs (west) this year, it be...

1. Anaheim (Not even kidding)
2. Vancouver
3. Chicago
4. San Jose.

Edited by wingsownnhl43, 24 March 2010 - 10:27 PM.

#11 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:31 PM

Three-point game in Colorado ... LA ties it on a PP late.

Figures.

#12 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:34 PM

lol back-to-back 3 point games

fail

Posted Image

#13 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

i need the Avs to win for my proline ticket, Canucks pretty much have it wrapped up against the Ducks.

Way to blow the 2 goal lead :wow:

#14 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,709 posts

Another three point game between LA and COL...
At least now I can hope for LA to win it.

#15 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:38 PM

Stupid Avs and Kings jerks and their three point games.

#16 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:47 PM

Damn I think the Avs won, which would make this a worst-case scenario for us tonight.

#17 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:22 AM

Two three-point games in a row. :crybaby:

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 25 March 2010 - 06:22 AM.

#18 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,295 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:47 AM

Avs and Kings playing nothing but 3-point games is annoying to us, but imagine how Calgary feels. As long as we have 8th I'm not crying that we can't catch the teams above us.

#19 Supertack

Supertack

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:21 AM

imagine how Calgary feels. As long as we have 8th I'm not crying that we can't catch the teams above us.

If you look at the remaining schedules for the Wings, Preds, & Avalance, there is no reason why your boys don't move up to 6th, with Nashville and Colorado finishing 7th & 8th respectively.

I wouldn't even worry about Calgary, they still have Boston, Washington, Phoenix, Colorado, Chicago, San Jose, & Vancouver left on their schedule, are 4 pts back and have played 1 more game. That team is done.

#20 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:23 AM

And to be completely honest if I were to rank the teams I dont want to face in the playoffs (west) this year, it be...

1. Anaheim (Not even kidding)
2. Vancouver
3. Chicago
4. San Jose.

I would put LA in this list just after Vancouver. Their offense is like a sleeping giant. If they find a way to wake it up nobody would feel comfortable against them. At least we know what to expect out of Chicago and San Jose.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah