#21 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:36 AM

Stupid NHL point-system.

Fixed.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#22 DEVILSWATERBOY

DEVILSWATERBOY

DEVILSWATERBOY

• PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:17 AM

Goalie issues aside, I still think Chicago is the best of those seven, so I'd prefer not to play them first. I also like the thought of being in fifth if only to avoid having to go through 1-2-3 (in theory) to get to the finals. Heck, if they're five and win in the first, they could end up with home ice in the second.

Vancover is a much stronger team in net and has more talent up front then Hawks, as of now they are the only top seed that would worry me in the playoffs

#23 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:22 AM

And to be completely honest if I were to rank the teams I dont want to face in the playoffs (west) this year, it be...

1. Anaheim (Not even kidding)
2. Vancouver
3. Chicago
4. San Jose.

My list would be:

1. Chicago
2. Vancouver

I think those are the two teams we would have a lot of trouble with in the first round. I think we would have an easier time with the other 5 teams... not easy, but less threatening

#24 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:36 AM

Whether they are the 5th seed or the 8th seed or anywhere in between doesn't make much difference to me. If you aren't in the top 4, I don't think it matters as much. If your goal is to get to the finals, then you are going to have to face the best teams (theoretically) at some point. Regardless, no matter who you get in round 1 (1-4), it's going to be a good team.

It's highly unlikely that they're going to get in the top 4, so I think the only goal would be to get in, to me, getting higher than 8th doesn't really help that much, I know, every little bit counts and could give you home ice in later rounds, but barring upsets (which often do happen though), that's not going to happen.

#25 sharkfan20

sharkfan20

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:01 AM

And to be completely honest if I were to rank the teams I dont want to face in the playoffs (west) this year, it be...

1. Anaheim (Not even kidding)
2. Vancouver
3. Chicago
4. San Jose.

Yeah you do know what they're going to do, they do it every year. Just look at my avatar. :lol:
]"Some of the guys have got to become man- Nabokov"

Sharks in 2010?!

#26 chuklz

chuklz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:18 PM

Only worried about Phoenix at the moment. We havent done well all season against them. Yotes are dangerous.

Blackhawks we have their number.
Howard can put up vs Canucks.

Then just being dog tired in the finals like last year.