2. * San Jose 73 98

3. * Vancouver 74 94

4. Phoenix 74 97

5. Los Angeles 72 90

6. Colorado 73 89

7. Nashville 74 89

8. Detroit 73 87

9. Calgary 73 83

I think it's fairly safe to say that the majority of us are Islanders, Blues, and Coyotes fans for the night. The Flames lose tonight and it's going to be very tough for them to catch us. If the Coyotes can take care of business in regulation we'll be 2 points back with 2 games in hand. Both the Blues and the Kings played last night and have to travel. Hopefully the Blues find their legs, 3 points back of the 5th spot would look great at the end of the night.

it would definately be nice to see all those teams lose and the wings keep winning their way into 5th place for the playoffs. i'd like to see Det vs. PHO in the 1st round with a detroit sweep so the yotes only get 2 games playoff revenue. yes, i'm from Winnipeg. f*** the coyotes! and i think that the wings can do the same thing to Bryzgalov that they did to Hiller last year...put a couple quality shots on net and play with the lead.

either way you look at it, the west has a couple new teams in the crop that havn't been there in a while, so s***'s gonna get interesting in a couple weeks. :clap:

As long as Phoenix wins we are still in decent shape. Calgary can win be a a game up on us within two points. If Phoenix wins like you said Nashville is within in serious reach with one game and Calgary may not be a threat anymore to us. Pulling for the Isles, Blues and Yotes of course but I think the Nashville vs. Phoenix game is vital right now.

It's not on the list, but Chicago is getting absolutely dominated by Columbus right now.

Columbus has nothing to lose and are playing a completely different style than they were in the beginning of the year.

Chicago's injuries on defense and their goal tending situation has really reared its ugly head tonight.