at least he doesnt have to worry about fans attacking him

#22 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:53 PM

Stay Classy Creepy, Pierre!
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#23 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

If Pierre McGuire is doing the Wings game, I too get pissed at him every time he open his stupid mouth. He's an idiot and knows jack about hockey.

Regardless of your opinion on his personality, there is no denying that he's probably the most knowledgeable person in the game today.

Can't decide who is creepier, balder, or more biased: Pierre or Pang. I dislike them both, very much. <_<

McGuire biased? He's just a fan of everyone :lol: ... as McGuire fan in Canada I see a lot of his games by TSN (and a few by NBC) I've never found him to be biased towards or against certain teams... He just gives props to great plays which might come across as biased towards the team that is making more of them I think...

#24 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:16 AM

Regardless of your opinion on his personality, there is no denying that he's probably the most knowledgeable person in the game today.

What qualifies him as such? Does he watch more games than other analysts and announcers? Does he have more experience than the throngs of former pro players and coaches who are also broadcasters? Is he just smarter? Or is he is just another ******* with an opinion?

works every time

#25 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:21 AM

Ok after seeing that second video, I am pretty sure Pierre is ***. Cuz you see how Ray reacted to him touching him. I think he knows hes ***. (And yes Rob Ray got way out of shape). That him standing all close to that guy on trade center like that and getting all excited when that guy said big stick, only a ***** would do that. Wow, NBC needs to get rid of that guy. I don't even know how he has any credibility in hockey anyway.
mccarty3

#26 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:01 PM

I think Pierre & Vince Masuka were separated at birth.
Posted Image

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#27 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:45 PM

Pierre has got to go. When is his contract up?

Posted Image

#28 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 03:12 PM

What qualifies him as such? Does he watch more games than other analysts and announcers? Does he have more experience than the throngs of former pro players and coaches who are also broadcasters? Is he just smarter? Or is he is just another ******* with an opinion?

It's the fact that he can tell you when every player in the league was drafted and by whom, where every player in the NHL grew up, who every team's obscure people are (trainers, scouts, doctors, whatever), what every teams lines are off the top of his head, etc... And this extends who knows how far into the past as well. Nobody else demonstrates such a vast encompassing knowledge bank. All you have to do is put aside personal predispositions and listen to the things he says to be able to see this and appreciate it.

As a result he probably does watch more games and have more experience than most analysts, announcers, and former pro players and coaches.

On TSN Tradecentre Pierre corrected Pang on a comment about the Capitals lines and who plays centre, they got into a mini debate on TV that Duthie had to break up and change the topic. Pierre was right.

He also goes on the radio with Team1200 in Ottawa often, they used to always play a game where they would bring up some obscure player and ask Pierre about him and what he is doing now to try to stump him. Needless to say, they couldn't.

#29 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 03:29 PM

It's the fact that he can tell you when every player in the league was drafted and by whom, where every player in the NHL grew up, who every team's obscure people are (trainers, scouts, doctors, whatever), what every teams lines are off the top of his head, etc... And this extends who knows how far into the past as well. Nobody else demonstrates such a vast encompassing knowledge bank. All you have to do is put aside personal predispositions and listen to the things he says to be able to see this and appreciate it.

As a result he probably does watch more games and have more experience than most analysts, announcers, and former pro players and coaches.

On TSN Tradecentre Pierre corrected Pang on a comment about the Capitals lines and who plays centre, they got into a mini debate on TV that Duthie had to break up and change the topic. Pierre was right.

He also goes on the radio with Team1200 in Ottawa often, they used to always play a game where they would bring up some obscure player and ask Pierre about him and what he is doing now to try to stump him. Needless to say, they couldn't.

Wow! Is this you?

Posted Image

#30 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 03:54 PM

rofl.. it would be great to get a pic with him someday ;)