No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
blankrap

unamed line.. mlive.

Rate this topic

Nameless Zetterberg line rolls along

By George Malik

March 25, 2010, 8:23PM

As DetroitRedWings.com's Michelle Crechiolo notes, the Red Wings' as-yet-unnamed line of Valtteri Filppula, Henrik Zetterberrg, and Todd Bertuzzi have carried Detroit's offense with twenty points over the last three games, and at present, everything just seems to click...

March 25, DetroitRedWings.com: “(Bertuzzi) is great in front, it’s tough to move him,” Filppula said. “It gives more room outside too. So you always know you can just throw it in the front and Bert’s going to be there, so it’s a really huge thing for the line.”

What makes Babcock happy is the fact that the second forward line of Pavel Datsyuk, Johan Franzen and Holmstrom didn’t have any points in Wednesday’s win; yet the team as a whole is still skated away with two points.

“That didn’t happen early,” Babcock said. “So you can spread it around a little bit more, and that makes you a better team.”

As the Detroit News's Chris McCosky notes, however, the line doesn't have a nickname, and it should:

March 25, Detroit News: A couple of readers have suggested nicknames for the Zetterberg-Filppula-Bertuzzi line. Thought I would share them with you.

Paul sent in "Z Pack" which I like, with the tag line, "They cure what ails you." Nice.

Scott offered up V2Z -- which works on a couple levels. Sound it out -- V-TOOZI. Work with it, work with it. It's not bad.

Keep 'em coming. Personally, I've got nothing. I tossed out the United Nations, but that's dumb and it's been used before. You know, though, once a nickname sticks, Babcock will change the line. It's inevitable.

Flash, dash, and crash? Slick meets Sasquatch? Toss some names out here, too...

I couldn't think of any worth posting but thinks this is fun..

I dont care what they name that line but I just cant wait until Bert grows his sick beard to match Hank's. Then when Hank gets tossed out of a face off, like he does so often, you'll have two of the best beards in the league on the wings with the biggest babyface in the league in the centre.

Guest Lidstromboli

i'd go with Two and a Half Men, but any reminder of that show sort of makes me gag

I dont care what they name that line but I just cant wait until Bert grows his sick beard to match Hank's. Then when Hank gets tossed out of a face off, like he does so often, you'll have two of the best beards in the league on the wings with the biggest babyface in the league in the centre.

we all know bert can grow a beard...

i wanna see flips playoff beard! :lol:

and if it's 2 beards and a babyface, then it could be called the mafia line. i just hope they stay together.