Happy Anniversary

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Carp

Carp

Jr. Prospect

• 25 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:41 AM

The day I turned from mild mannered child into a true Wing Nut.

OUT of the night that covers me, Black as the Pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be, For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance, I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance, My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears, Looms but the Horror of the shade, And yet the menace of the years, Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
Invictus by William Ernest Henley, 1849-1903

#2 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:42 AM

:thumbup:
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#3 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:06 AM

AHHH Yes, March 26,1997. This was the night the Foundation of the Wings Dynasty was finished! This was the night that put this team and organiztion back on the map and above the rest of the league.

I remember the team struggled during the regular season and this was the game that was either going to make or break the rest of that season and the future of the team. As we all the know the history, this was the true birth of what we call HOCKEYTOWN!! Happy 13th Anniversary!!

#4 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:08 AM

Totally watched the video first thing this morning. This is the day that an innocent 7-year-old girl learned that there is evil in the world and that Darren McCarty will stop it.

#5 deetroit dario

deetroit dario

i ride on two wheels, and they both have wings!

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:15 AM

in the middle of watching it right now. colorado just scored their second, and are feeling pretty good. keep smiling, you evil avs...d-mac's got an OT suprise for ya!

it was for today that i refrained from drinking on st. patty's....one because i'm not irish, and two because this is my high, holy holiday!!!
RAISE #16 TO THE RAFTERS!!!

i think, therefore i'm rare.

#6 skycarcass

skycarcass

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:26 AM

in the middle of watching it right now. colorado just scored their second, and are feeling pretty good. keep smiling, you evil avs...d-mac's got an OT suprise for ya!

it was for today that i refrained from drinking on st. patty's....one because i'm not irish, and two because this is my high, holy holiday!!!

Anyone know if there is a copy of this game available online anywhere? I've seen the brawl, but didn't become a fan until after so I've never seen the entire game. Would love to learn more about my "heritage" :)

#7 Carp

Carp

Jr. Prospect

• 25 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:33 AM

Anyone know if there is a copy of this game available online anywhere? I've seen the brawl, but didn't become a fan until after so I've never seen the entire game. Would love to learn more about my "heritage" :)

Might I suggest an investment in this DVD set, to really learn about your Hockeytown heritage. It includes the full, Fight Night at the Joe.
OUT of the night that covers me, Black as the Pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be, For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance, I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance, My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears, Looms but the Horror of the shade, And yet the menace of the years, Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
Invictus by William Ernest Henley, 1849-1903

#8 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:34 AM

Might I suggest an investment in this DVD set, to really learn about your Hockeytown heritage. It includes the full, Fight Night at the Joe.

This. Got it for my Dad a few years back, great set.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#9 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:34 AM

I didn't care for the way that that brawl interrupted the flow of the game.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#10 deetroit dario

deetroit dario

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:36 AM

i'll second that recommendation, and my many alter egos unanimously ratify...its well worth the price, and you get much, much more than just fight night...

#11 skycarcass

skycarcass

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:44 AM

Ordered! thanks so much

#12 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:45 AM

simply beautiful
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#13 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:47 AM

In honor of Shanahan's mid-air collision with Roy I will be sure to pounce on the first goalie I might see today.

#14 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:51 AM

I gotta say, it's things like this that show just how great the history of the Detroit Red Wings really is. You guys are using the word "heritage," and there is no other word that fits better to describe it. I'm so proud to be a Wings fan.

#15 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:53 AM

I remember that day like it was yesterday :thumbup:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#16 deetroit dario

deetroit dario

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:54 AM

as luck would have it, one of the only hockey fans i know of in this godforsaken indiana town happens to be an avs fan. i'll have to go knock on his door.....followed shortly by his head!

#17 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:55 AM

as luck would have it, one of the only hockey fans i know of in this godforsaken indiana town happens to be an avs fan. i'll have to go knock on his door.....followed shortly by his head!

... You won't do it.

#18 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:33 AM

Great stuff

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#19 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:45 AM

Totally watched the video first thing this morning. This is the day that an innocent 7-year-old girl learned that there is evil in the world and that Darren McCarty will stop it.

Will you marry me?

This DVD is absolutely amazing. Anyone who doesn't own this needs to buy it right now.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#20 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:50 AM

ahh the memories!!!:thumbup: