• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Carp

Happy Anniversary

Rate this topic

A lot of us were so young in the 90's, and I will admit that I probably didn't understand the full hockey aspect of the significance. I was only 7. But I will say that when you're a kid everything seems like good vs. evil to you, and it just made me realize there were my heroes. Like instead of hearing stories about princesses and dragons before bed, I would listen to my mom talk about how Claude Lemieux is evil but it's okay because McCarty beat the s*** out of him.

Crap.. I must be getting old.

I was on spring break from college visiting my brother in Huntington Beach. My brother's roomate and I went snowboarding @ Big Bear that day and I made him go back early so that I could catch the game. He bitched the whole way back about leaving early just to watch the game (even though he's originally from Michigan and is Wings fan).

Needless to say, he thanked me and said that it was the greatest game he had ever seen.

And you haven't read "Blood Feud" then pick it up. It's a great read.

Crap.. I must be getting old.

I was on spring break from college visiting my brother in Huntington Beach. My brother's roomate and I went snowboarding @ Big Bear that day and I made him go back early so that I could catch the game. He bitched the whole way back about leaving early just to watch the game (even though he's originally from Michigan and is Wings fan).

Needless to say, he thanked me and said that it was the greatest game he had ever seen.

And you haven't read "Blood Feud" then pick it up. It's a great read.

YOU must be getting old?? Haha, I was 35 at the time, and was at the Joe that night. One of the greatest nights of my life, watching The Avs get pounded, the Wings comeback and winning on Darren's goal in OT, and laughing at Mike Keane when he said after the game that the Wings had no heart, and waited until they played at home to get back at Claude and the Avs..........

Shanahan coming out of nowhere and slamming into Roy is my favorite part of the whole incident

Shanny actually tweeted the following about it yesterday:

@Kap19 Roy told me years later that he screwed up his shoulder on that flying take down & it never healed. i pretended that was a bad thing.

Actually i always respected him as a competitor. Hated losing to him and loved to beat him. Great rivalry and VERY real. Old school.

EDIT: http://www.twitter.com/nhlshanny for anyone interested.

Edited by Uncle Danny