• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
russianswede919293

NCAA Hockey Tournament

Rate this topic

Today was the start of the NCAA Hockey tournament. Didn't see a thread on it, so am starting one to say go RIT TIGERS!!!

They upset Denver (Ranked #2 in the country) in their first ever trip to the NCAA tournament.

Most school pride I think I have ever had right now.

Congrads! Cornell lost as well. Talk about March Madness! I wouldn't want to be playing Michigan right now!

I had wanted Cornell to lose, but then when NH beat them so badly, I'm now a little scared of them for tonight's game.

Watching Miami v Alabama Huntsville right now. Miami is up 1-0.

I think that they could win the tournament

RIT just beat UNH and is going to the Frozen 4!

We have only been D1 for 5 years. And this is just our 3rd year eligible for tournament play. 2 Upsets gets us to the frozen four, which is the farthest anyone from the Atlantic Conference has ever gotten.

If they stick to their D-first take offense as it comes game plan anything is possible with our goalie DeMichiel in net!

If anyone watched the Mich/M-OH game tonight, screwjob comes to mind...

Someone needs to come up with a rule that if the puck is still loose, a goal counts even if the ref loses sight. ESPECIALLY WHEN HES ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE NET!

Michigan did get jobbed on that quick whistle last night. It became increasingly clear to me in the overtime that Michigan wasn't going to win that game. Kind of like watching the Wings in overtime, a thousand glorious chances and not getting in, as well as having one taken away.

I'm not crying any tears for the bastards up north, but it would have been nice to see Ford Field filled for a hockey game. I fear now that it'll be cavernous and quiet.

Michigan did get jobbed on that quick whistle last night. It became increasingly clear to me in the overtime that Michigan wasn't going to win that game. Kind of like watching the Wings in overtime, a thousand glorious chances and not getting in, as well as having one taken away.

I'm not crying any tears for the bastards up north, but it would have been nice to see Ford Field filled for a hockey game. I fear now that it'll be cavernous and quiet.

I was going to buy tickets for the FF almost a year ago when they first went on sale, but I knew that they would never come close to selling 60,000 plus seats for college hockey especially when its not a given Mich/MSU would be in it...really glad I didn't when they decided to change the layout to half the stadium....

It wasn't only the quick whistle that pissed me off. It was also the fact that earlier in the game, Miami got a goal by jamming and jamming at a puck that Hunwick basically had covered up, until the ref let them pry it loose and put it in the net. Ridiculously inconsistent. Add those two together and it's total bulls***.

It wasn't only the quick whistle that pissed me off. It was also the fact that earlier in the game, Miami got a goal by jamming and jamming at a puck that Hunwick basically had covered up, until the ref let them pry it loose and put it in the net. Ridiculously inconsistent. Add those two together and it's total bulls***.

Agree. What a friken joke!! That team was red hot too. Oh well Miami will figure out a way to lose in the next 2 games. Rico hasn't proved he can win the big ones.

I'm working at the Frozen Four right now, and RIT is getting shelled. 6-0 still in the 2nd. The Cinderella story is over. Give a lot of credit to RIT's goalie though. He's standing on his head still fighting, but Wisky is just scoring some nasty goals on him. Future Wing Brenden Smith making a lot of plays out here. Hopefully this game doesn't get anymore out of hand.

its just the rolls of material they put down under the ice to make the lines and white surface. most rinks paint the white and the lines under the ice, but I am assuming that they just put down rolls of vinyl with the lines and markings on them instead of paint.

Yo manny (or should I call you Corryale L'adorable), why did the ice look like it had been resurfaced with a push lawnmower?

Haha that is funny!! Didn't know someone hated him that much! Sorry didn't check back here in time..I could have asked someone too. I think rwfan is right though because I saw pics of the set up, and it appeared from the picture that where the vinyl pieces were connected made those lines.

BTW..any names about OSU's next coach? I've been a bit lazy on my college hockey since the national championship.

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

Haha that is funny!! Didn't know someone hated him that much! Sorry didn't check back here in time..I could have asked someone too. I think rwfan is right though because I saw pics of the set up, and it appeared from the picture that where the vinyl pieces were connected made those lines.

BTW..any names about OSU's next coach? I've been a bit lazy on my college hockey since the national championship.

Haven't heard a thing. I got a feeling that when they do hire someone, I'll respond with, "Who?".

Haven't heard a thing. I got a feeling that when they do hire someone, I'll respond with, "Who?".

I was trying to find some names last night on the USCHO forums, but I got bored reading it because someone brought up how Gene should offer the bank to Rico, and that brought in a bunch of idiot Miami fans which started a war. I think the only name I did hear of was Danton Cole, but I don't know if thats even possible.

Guest Lidstromboli

Mark Osiecki is the new OSU hockey coach. Played 6 years in the NHL, apparently.

he played 93 games over two seasons

Edited by Lidstromboli