• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zeta Power 40

Howard punching crybaby shirt

Rate this topic

ahahhah, from the site:

" A lot of people don't realize where Howard gets his drive.

"It was his coaches at Maine," they say.

"It was his time in Grand Rapids," they guess.

Wrong. As a young boy, Jimmy's grandpa tormented him constantly with a game of Hungry, Hungry Hippos. Forcing his grandson to always use the yellow hippo, which he had doctored to ensure that the mouth would only open halfway, grandpa Howard sought to instill a ravenous drive to win.

"Is that all you got? I could beat you with my eyes closed!" was a common phrase shouted at the boy, as grandpa demonstrated that Hungry, Hungry Hippos was possibly the only board game that you could play with your eyes closed - crushing your 8 year old nemesis and his broken hippo while doing it.

The lesson paid off. The boy became a man, and the little white marbles eventually gave way to pucks. If you are lucky enough to get rink-side seats near the home net - and you listen really closely - you just might hear Jimmy Howard cursing his grandpa with every save. "

ahahhah, from the site:

" A lot of people don't realize where Howard gets his drive.

"It was his coaches at Maine," they say.

"It was his time in Grand Rapids," they guess.

Wrong. As a young boy, Jimmy's grandpa tormented him constantly with a game of Hungry, Hungry Hippos. Forcing his grandson to always use the yellow hippo, which he had doctored to ensure that the mouth would only open halfway, grandpa Howard sought to instill a ravenous drive to win.

"Is that all you got? I could beat you with my eyes closed!" was a common phrase shouted at the boy, as grandpa demonstrated that Hungry, Hungry Hippos was possibly the only board game that you could play with your eyes closed - crushing your 8 year old nemesis and his broken hippo while doing it.

The lesson paid off. The boy became a man, and the little white marbles eventually gave way to pucks. If you are lucky enough to get rink-side seats near the home net - and you listen really closely - you just might hear Jimmy Howard cursing his grandpa with every save. "

True story?

I love what Howard did as much as the next Red Wing fan. But at no point did Howard "punch" Sid. He definitely gave him a good face wash. And he certainly stood up for Hank. But not one punch was thrown. I'm so sick of seeing groups on facebook taking about how Howard punched Sid in the face. I mean don't get me wrong, I would be sooo stoked if Sid got punched in the face. But the fact is, it didn't happen that night. Still, definitely a cool shirt!

I love what Howard did as much as the next Red Wing fan. But at no point did Howard "punch" Sid. He definitely gave him a good face wash. And he certainly stood up for Hank. But not one punch was thrown. I'm so sick of seeing groups on facebook taking about how Howard punched Sid in the face. I mean don't get me wrong, I would be sooo stoked if Sid got punched in the face. But the fact is, it didn't happen that night. Still, definitely a cool shirt!

Yea if Howard did punch Crosby with his blocker he'd have no front teeth left. Crosby was lucky he only got face washed.

Edited by Barrie

Guest Lidstromboli

He put his glove on Crosb'y face. Give that man the purple heart!

Kind of doubt Howard could really beat up anyone.