• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/27 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Predators 0 (SO)

Rate this topic

Way to go Wings, that was an awesome game to play on the road on the back end of a back-to-back

Howard was absolutely EXCELLENT and I think we've gotta try Kronwall in the top 3 next time because nothing's working for us.

Congrats to Eaves too, who now has the 2nd funniest shootout blooper of all time.

Worst part about that was he had the f***** beat and then crashed into the corner :lol:

Wings actually win a shootout? Huh.

It's pretty stupid that Bertuzzi is only the 5th shooter - It's one thing he's looked pretty damn good at this season.

That ice looked terrible. Great to see the winning streak continue. Thanks Jimmy, you the man.

holy s*** speechless!

no offense men can score but kronny comes in and shows everyone how its done.

howard rock f***in solid! way to earn the shutout and win. all howard!

5th straight amazing!

go wings!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

And, to make it more interesting...

Brodeur once had the Super Shutout- regulation, OT, three skaters. Howard now has the Ultra Shutout- regulation, OT, first four skaters. :D

Guest mindfly

I can't remember an awful rebound from howard either this game.. anyone? and he didn't cover up the puck as many times he played it more and used his stick... i saw a little bit improvement :clap:

Edited by mindfly

That was the best shootout in Wings history. We were only a few rounds away from the NHL record.

I'm kind of bummed that Lilja didn't shoot, though. He would have just screamed at Rinne, who would have gotten out of the way in fear.

I would pay very good money to see that.

Eaves deserves some major credit. He sacrificed himself to throw Rinne off his game.

Eaves is brilliant, his plan worked perfectly.

All Hail Eaves.

Edited by Carman

I'm kind of bummed that Lilja didn't shoot, though. He would have just screamed at Rinne, who would have gotten out of the way in fear.

That made me almost fall out of my chair laughing! :lol:

I accidentally pressed the - button instead of + so I'll hit you with some + rep on another post!

Oh, and I would also like to point out yesterday was my 47th birthday and if Babcock is looking for a guy who can skate in as slowly as Bertuzzi or take a clownish spill while trying a shot like Eaves did, next time a shootout goes 11 rounds I'm your man.

I guess we should hope that Colorado loses so that we can move up.

And BTW, no one should be afraid to play this boring Nashville team in the playoffs. They have no offense whatsoever. Just a horrible team to watch that relies solely on some guy named Pekka.

Guest mindfly

Damn ... if LA and Colorado wins, we could still be in 8th.

After going on this tear, we could still be in 8th ??!!

Phoenix up 3-2 at the 17min mark of the 3rd

My biggest worry about having a rookie goaltender as a starter in the playoffs is how he deals with pressure of any and all kinds... Howard has proven since the Olympic break, especially tonight, that he's the guy who can handle it. He's been awesome through our drive to the playoffs, and now we're all but in. Wasn't as exciting as some goalie duels, but both goalies - both teams - had great solid defensive games. If the Wings keep the attitude they've brought in the past week, they should definitely beat Edmonton (finally) on Tuesday.

Go Wings!