• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

If It's Not One, It's the Other

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

So, the last few games have shown us that we have two extremely potent scoring lines. If Filppula - Zetterberg - Bertuzzi doesn't produce, then Holmstrom - Datsyuk - Franzen will tear it up, and vice-versa. Meanwhile, we've got 3rd and 4th lines made up of scrappers who are all offensively dangerous and each easily capable of pitching in goals at opportune moments; we've got an excellent power play; we've got an absolutely wonderful penalty kill; and we've got a hot, hot, hot goalie who has had to deal with shots high in magnitude and difficulty all season long.

If the team can get the top two lines going AT THE SAME TIME during the playoffs, this team will be nigh-unstoppable. Remember that the team's record has been below-standard because of all the injuries. During that period, the team had to learn to scrap and to scrape for points, and that did wonders for character-building and hard work. The team is needing to fight for a playoff spot, and that means they'll still have momentum when heading into the playoffs. And this is a team that recently got its prime roster back and is now tearing up the teams they're playing against.

And, finally, they're led by the best coach in the league; they've got one of the best offensive coordinators in Paul McLean; and Brad McCrimmon seems to have improved tremendously.

I've got a lot of hope for this team's chances in the playoffs.

Go Wings!

Edited by Crymson

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

So, the last few games have shown us that we have two extremely potent scoring lines. If Filppula - Zetterberg - Bertuzzi doesn't produce, then Holmstrom - Datsyuk - Franzen will tear it up, and vice-versa. Meanwhile, we've got 3rd and 4th lines made up of scrappers who are all offensively dangerous and each easily capable of pitching in goals at opportune moments; we've got an excellent power play; we've got an absolutely wonderful penalty kill; and we've got a hot, hot, hot goalie who has had to deal with shots high in magnitude and difficulty all season long.

If the team can get the top two lines going AT THE SAME TIME during the playoffs, this team will be nigh-unstoppable. Remember that the team's record has been below-standard because of all the injuries. During that period, the team had to learn to scrap and to scrape for points, and that did wonders for character-building and hard work. The team is needing to fight for a playoff spot, and that means they'll still have momentum when heading into the playoffs. And this is a team that recently got its prime roster back and is now tearing up the teams they're playing against.

And, finally, they're led by the best coach in the league; they've got one of the best offensive coordinators in Paul McLean; and Brad McCrimmon seems to have improved tremendously.

I've got a lot of hope for this team's chances in the playoffs.

Go Wings!

:thumbup: Better get out of the Cave boys, because the big red beast has awoken

I agree that we can score now, but I'm worried about all the games Howard has played here consecutively.

I don't know what Babcock plans on doing here down the stretch. Best case scenario is that we can clinch a playoff spot and just play Osgood the last 5 games or so, not caring about our final seeding in the end.

Edited by GMRwings1983

If the team can get the top two lines going AT THE SAME TIME...

Is that even possible though? Well not so much possible but is it likely? Even though it didn't show last night it seems as if whichever scoring line got to play with Lidstrom and Rafalski is the line that would be able to produce. For some reason Kronner and Stewie don't have that same impact.

Guest Crymson

I think that once our place in the playoffs is guaranteed, Howie will get some rest.

That said, he played one hell of a game last night, and his prowess at shootouts has improved tremendously.

We've got a homegrown goalie again, folks!

Is that even possible though? Well not so much possible but is it likely? Even though it didn't show last night it seems as if whichever scoring line got to play with Lidstrom and Rafalski is the line that would be able to produce. For some reason Kronner and Stewie don't have that same impact.

I see no reason why it won't happen.