• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Uniblab

Jim playfair snaps at

Rate this topic

Wasn't Playfair the coach of the Flames in 2007? I believe he was behind the Flames bench when McLennean speared Franzen in Game 5! I may be wrong! But damn that was a serious meltdown! I would expect a suspension is on its way for Playfair. the irony is the fact is his lastname is Playfair and clearly he isn't! :lol:

The guy has been demoted twice in three years and who knows if he'll have a job if Darryl Sutter is fired and a new GM is brought in.

Watching people freak out is hilarious knowing that they'll regret it. I'm not gonna judge a guy because he has a s***ty day.

What a ******. Don't care how bad a call is you don't make yourself look like a complete jackass like that. Can't respect a guy like that.

+1.

babs gets pissed every now and then...i'm trying to remember the game where he was jawing with an assistant coach from the other team...you guys remember what game i'm talking about? anyway, sure, he gets upset. but part of the reason why any pro is a professional, whether they're a coach, player, or whatever, is because they can usually hold it together, except perhaps in the most extreme of situations. imagine if he did that as an NHL coach on an NBC game. oohhhh, the wailing and gnashing of teeth!

but, yeah, i did kinda chuckle when it seemed like the players were trying not to laugh. :D you just. can't. do that.

Wasn't Playfair the coach of the Flames in 2007? I believe he was behind the Flames bench when McLennean speared Franzen in Game 5! I may be wrong! But damn that was a serious meltdown! I would expect a suspension is on its way for Playfair. the irony is the fact is his lastname is Playfair and clearly he isn't! :lol:

is that true? given his personality, it wouldn't surprise me.

Yep, that was the same Jim Playfair!

Wouldn't have happened if the Wings would have stopped running Kipper.

Nice try. Kipper would have known if the wings decided to run him, they didn't. It was just poor sportsmanship, the usual from that team.

babs gets pissed every now and then...i'm trying to remember the game where he was jawing with an assistant coach from the other team...you guys remember what game i'm talking about?

Do you mean this game? At about :50. There's a gif of it, but I can't find it.

Yeah, the players on Playfair's right are like "wtf he took my stick." and the ones on his left are laughing and probably hoping he doesn't take their sticks next.

After doing a little digging, I found out that the referee that started the whole thing was Jamie Koharski, son of Don Koharski.

Remember him?

jim schonfield goes after don koharski

I doubt it will ever happen.

Anyone remember when Joe Kocur was an assistant coach and threw a chair on the ice in a game against St. Louis??? That was hilarious.

From Toronto Star :

Jim Playfair says emotion is part of hockey and isn't going to apologize for a behind-the-bench outburst that turned him into an Internet sensation.

The Abbotsford Heat head coach became enraged over the weekend following a call by referee Jamie Koharski during a game against the Hamilton Bulldogs. Video on the Internet shows him breaking two sticks and ripping off his jacket in protest. The incident had more than 500,000 views on YouTube as of Monday afternoon.

An AHL spokesperson said Playfair has been fined an undisclosed amount for the incident. Asked the amount of the fine, Playfair smiled.

"Ask my wife," he said.

Guest micah

I doubt it will ever happen.

Anyone remember when Joe Kocur was an assistant coach and threw a chair on the ice in a game against St. Louis??? That was hilarious.

That *was* hilarious. Was that the game where Holmstrom was getting crosschecked in the back in an unfriendly way, refused to face his attacker and Luc F'n Robitaille of all people had to come in to stop the madness? That momment was the start of my hate for that coward Homer. If you're a 4th line hack, don't make a much smaller superstar (who also played some 4th line time - but still, he was Luc Robitaille!) come in and save your bacon, triggering a brawl that could well have injured your other teamates who were clearly outmuscled by the opponents on the ice at the time. Nothing bad came of it, thankfully, but if anything had I hope Homer would have been benched. when you're the biggest and the s***tiest player on the ice, sometimes you gotta get dirty.

Was that the game where Holmstrom was getting crosschecked in the back in an unfriendly way, refused to face his attacker and Luc F'n Robitaille of all people had to come in to stop the madness?

Yes, it was that game and while I agree with you, I wish Homer had fought, I believe that he had been told not to fight and he was just obeying orders.

Either way I don't blame Kocur for throwing the chair.