• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 FUUFNF

FUUFNF

Let's Go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:17 AM

With a big Wings win, and losses by both the Avs and the Kings tonight, the Wings currently sit in 6th place in the Western Confrence... Woot!

#2 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:26 AM

Have the standings been updated yet? It looks like LA and Colorado both have a game in hand and we could easily be down to 8th again.

#3 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:39 AM

"Until you're safe, you're still looking behind," Nick Lidstrom said. "You're also looking ahead, looking up in the standings and seeing what teams you can catch that's ahead of you. You can't take anything for granted; you want to continue to win games."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/a...Predators-0-(SO)--Howard-wins-battle-of-goalies#ixzz0jRloxMat

Pretty much what I'm thinking.

#4 FUUFNF

FUUFNF

Let's Go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:42 AM

Have the standings been updated yet? It looks like LA and Colorado both have a game in hand and we could easily be down to 8th again.

True... The Avs have a game in hand and the Kings have two... But we have a game in hand on the Preds too and they're only 1 point ahead... And we seem to be peaking at the right time... We're pretty much a lock to make the playoffs now and I don't think anyone in the West would want to face us if the playoffs were to start today.

#5 Blood On The Ice

Blood On The Ice

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:06 AM

There won't be no going back to 8th. I expect the wings to finish 5th. The wings have the easiest schedule ahead. Colorado has it very tough. Av's finish 8th. Detroit plays Nashville at the Joe yet and Wings play one more than Nashville. LA has lost 8 of the last 13 and will keep dropping a few more.

5th wings
6th Preds
7th LA
8th Av's

#6 Fingercots

Fingercots

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:14 AM

About a week ago, Barry Melrose posted some video blog on ESPN and predicted that the Wings would finish in 6th place in he West. Could Melrose actually be correct for once?

#7 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:51 AM

Isn't an excuse to slack off obviously, but seeding matters very little IMO unless you are in the top-4 to have home ice advantage. Wings probably won't be able to get into 4th place, so the most important thing is finishing about the 9th place team. And that's becoming more and more of a reality everyday if the Wings keep winning or Calgary keeps shooting itself in the foot.

#8 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:03 AM

I'm just concerned they will let up a bit now because as SWF said it doesnt matter if you finish 5th or 8th because you wont have homeice advantage either way

#9 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:04 AM

I'm not sure Detroit will let up now. They've now seen what they can do when they play to their level. I doubt they will go back to their lackluster, give up 2 goals in the final two minutes to Phoenix style of play.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#10 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:24 AM

I don't see a whole lot of dramatic changes in 1-4, so depending on where we end up:

5th - most likely Phoenix
6th - most likely Canucks
7th - Chicago/SJ
8th - Chicago/SJ

#11 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:27 AM

I would much rather play Phoenix(because they lack playoff experience) and Sharks (because of wings record against them and their famouse post season chokes) than vanocuver or chicago they're just dangerous in every aspect..

#12 solnyshko

solnyshko

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:52 AM

I would much rather play Phoenix(because they lack playoff experience) and Sharks (because of wings record against them and their famouse post season chokes) than vanocuver or chicago they're just dangerous in every aspect..

I mostly agree with this. My first choice would be SJ, and then Phoenix, but Chicago as a close second. They don't scare me all that much and I think the Wings could take them. Vancouver worries me a little, however.

#13 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:37 AM

Kind of surprised. I'm here in Vancouver and I honestly don't fear them. Their defense which was their weakest link last year is still pretty shoddy. They don't have a stud defenceman. Luongo is shaky right now. They have a lot of offense but we've got a strong D corps. All the folks here on forums in Vancouver fear meeting us ... and some of us would prefer not to meet them in round 1.

Edited by RedWingsRox, 28 March 2010 - 10:43 AM.

#14 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:56 AM

I would not want to play Nashville or Vancouver in these playoffs. I have this feeling that it'll be the Hawks and Wings in the first round.

#15 Zeta Power 40

Zeta Power 40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:21 AM

Keep trucking along Wings!
Red Wings, My Red Wings, Come On Wings, Lets Fly!!!
IPB Image
^Thanks Hockey13playa^

#16 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:27 AM

I would much rather play Phoenix because every game would be a home game

#17 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:37 AM

I would rather play Phoenix if I had to choose, and then draw one of those big boys in the 2nd round.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#18 Blood On The Ice

Blood On The Ice

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:30 PM

I'm just concerned they will let up a bit now because as SWF said it doesnt matter if you finish 5th or 8th because you wont have homeice advantage either way

True, but that home ice only comes into play if theres a 7th game.

#19 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:35 PM

Even more impressive is that our goal differential is now +10. :D

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#20 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:43 PM

True, but that home ice only comes into play if theres a 7th game.

Always better to have the first two games at home, if you get a 2-0lead in the series many many times you end up winning it...