• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FUUFNF

6th Place in the West!

Rate this topic

"Until you're safe, you're still looking behind," Nick Lidstrom said. "You're also looking ahead, looking up in the standings and seeing what teams you can catch that's ahead of you. You can't take anything for granted; you want to continue to win games."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20100327/SPORTS0103/3270425/1128/sports0103/Wings-1--Predators-0-(SO)--Howard-wins-battle-of-goalies#ixzz0jRloxMat

Pretty much what I'm thinking.

Have the standings been updated yet? It looks like LA and Colorado both have a game in hand and we could easily be down to 8th again.

True... The Avs have a game in hand and the Kings have two... But we have a game in hand on the Preds too and they're only 1 point ahead... And we seem to be peaking at the right time... We're pretty much a lock to make the playoffs now and I don't think anyone in the West would want to face us if the playoffs were to start today.

Have the standings been updated yet? It looks like LA and Colorado both have a game in hand and we could easily be down to 8th again.

There won't be no going back to 8th. I expect the wings to finish 5th. The wings have the easiest schedule ahead. Colorado has it very tough. Av's finish 8th. Detroit plays Nashville at the Joe yet and Wings play one more than Nashville. LA has lost 8 of the last 13 and will keep dropping a few more.

5th wings

6th Preds

7th LA

8th Av's

Isn't an excuse to slack off obviously, but seeding matters very little IMO unless you are in the top-4 to have home ice advantage. Wings probably won't be able to get into 4th place, so the most important thing is finishing about the 9th place team. And that's becoming more and more of a reality everyday if the Wings keep winning or Calgary keeps shooting itself in the foot.

Guest mindfly

I'm just concerned they will let up a bit now because as SWF said it doesnt matter if you finish 5th or 8th because you wont have homeice advantage either way

Guest mindfly

I would much rather play Phoenix(because they lack playoff experience) and Sharks (because of wings record against them and their famouse post season chokes) than vanocuver or chicago they're just dangerous in every aspect..

I would much rather play Phoenix(because they lack playoff experience) and Sharks (because of wings record against them and their famouse post season chokes) than vanocuver or chicago they're just dangerous in every aspect..

I mostly agree with this. My first choice would be SJ, and then Phoenix, but Chicago as a close second. They don't scare me all that much and I think the Wings could take them. Vancouver worries me a little, however.

Kind of surprised. I'm here in Vancouver and I honestly don't fear them. Their defense which was their weakest link last year is still pretty shoddy. They don't have a stud defenceman. Luongo is shaky right now. They have a lot of offense but we've got a strong D corps. All the folks here on forums in Vancouver fear meeting us ... and some of us would prefer not to meet them in round 1.

Edited by RedWingsRox

I would much rather play Phoenix because every game would be a home game

Guest mindfly

True, but that home ice only comes into play if theres a 7th game.

Always better to have the first two games at home, if you get a 2-0lead in the series many many times you end up winning it...

Always better to have the first two games at home, if you get a 2-0lead in the series many many times you end up winning it...

Yup agree there too. But I like the thought of winning the first two games on the road and finish with a sweep at home. Tough to do, but great to see.