• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Crashnburnluder

Winter Classic 2011

Rate this topic

Rangers vs. Devils, Yankee Stadium.

Voilà.

:clap: i would definately watch that.

and then for the Canadian fans the following year, have Toronto vs. Ottawa...and then my fellow countrymen can stop bitching about not getting a game here. i'd say calgary vs. edmonton, but the oil have already been in one too.

Pittsburg will not be playing again in the Winter Classic for a while. I will bet money on it. There are plenty of teams waiting in line for their turn. Washington is one of them.

Pittsburg will not be playing again in the Winter Classic for a while. I will bet money on it. There are plenty of teams waiting in line for their turn. Washington is one of them.

There are plenty of other players who could be marketed as well, but you don't see that happening.

The only reason I watched the Winter Classic two years ago because it was a good rivalry game (and because of the wings, obviously), but this year I didn't even catch a glimpse of it, and that would be no different next year. I watch College Bowl games on New Year's Day.

This whole idea of Crosby vs. Ovechkin in the Winter Classic is such a crock of s***.Pittsburgh just played Buffalo a few years ago in the Classic.Jesus Christ,there's many more teams besides s***tsburgh in this league.Yes,Crosby vs. Ovechkin would be great,but seriously what about the other great hockey regions that haven't even been involved in a Winter Classic yet,like Minnesota,St.Louis,Montreal,Ottawa,Toronto,Vancouver,Calgary,Edmonton,Colorado,New Jersey,etc.I don't care whether NBC doesn't make profit off of Canadian teams.That's a crock of s*** too.If the Winter Classic is really about promoting the game of hockey,they will put the games wherever they would get the most exposure,regardless of the ******* profits involved.The money will come later if the game is exposed in the right place.

Pretty much exactly what I think!! :clap:

the winter classic should be renamed as the Crosby Classic\.

some other team will be hand selected between the sausage fest of Crosby, Malkin, and Bettman to have the honor to play the pens

Edited by kylee

The NHL truly is a sad little organization when the best they can do is continually shove the Penguins out front and center. This goes beyond blind anti-Crosby or Anti-Pittsburgh hate, give some other teams a chance to have the same experience. Plenty of other good match-ups that could do just as well in the TV ratings.

How about from now on the Winter Classic is the Pens vs the Stanley Cup Champions? :sly:

Wait, so there will be TWO CRYSBY's on the Ice!!! My brain is about to explode just thinking about it!!!:scared:

The NHL truly is a sad little organization when the best they can do is continually shove the Penguins out front and center. This goes beyond blind anti-Crosby or Anti-Pittsburgh hate, give some other teams a chance to have the same experience. Plenty of other good match-ups that could do just as well in the TV ratings.

Exactly. It's an outdoor hockey game, it's going to get attention.

Unfortunately the likelihood is those teams you list won't do as good as a game involving Pittsburgh, Detroit, or Washington.

Why do you think the recent Pitt/Det game had the best ratings in VS history?

the annual NHL "Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby Crosby" showcase game?

no, thanks... not gonna watch.

Unfortunately the likelihood is those teams you list won't do as good as a game involving Pittsburgh, Detroit, or Washington.

Does the rest of the United States living outside of Pittsburgh care about the Penguins? I just don't see it.

Personally I'd like to see all of the original six teams play before anyone else...I think Rangers vs. Maple Leafs would still do well enough (I'm not convinced anyone in this country would watch a straight up Montreal vs. Toronto game).

Unless and only if Detroit is playing the game, maybe I'll watch.

But if s***zburgh gets a 2nd Winter Classic without it being spread around I will not watch either.

This league doesn't even qualify to be Mickey Mouse anymore if they pull this stunt.

Does the rest of the United States living outside of Pittsburgh care about the Penguins? I just don't see it.

I see it. Every day. Here. If people outside of Pittsburgh don't care about the Penguins (and Crosby) then why are we on the sixth page of this thread?

I see it. Every day. Here. If people outside of Pittsburgh don't care about the Penguins (and Crosby) then why are we on the sixth page of this thread?

Because it's a joke and yet at the same time a completely predictable move by a bush league organization like the NHL to put the Penguins in their second Winter Classic in 4 years?

Personally I'd like to see all of the original six teams play before anyone else...I think Rangers vs. Maple Leafs would still do well enough (I'm not convinced anyone in this country would watch a straight up Montreal vs. Toronto game).

I honestly don't know if they "care". All I know is the Pens are one of the hottest teams to watch which is a big reason why they are likely going to get another Winter Classic in the near future.

I don't like it as a die-hard, but the NHL follows the money. Pittsburgh and Washington is a money matchup.

Also like I said before NBC will never host a Winter Classic with a Canadian team in it unless there are two. NBC doesn't make money off Canadian viewers.

Edited by Doc Holliday

As much as I love my hockey... New Year's Day to me is all about the Rose Bowl and college football. <_<

Will our Wings get to play their NYE game this year?