• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:25 AM

I'd personally be more amazed if he said "Crysby" or something to that nature. Cindy and Sidney don't sound that much different so it'd be easy to hear something else, especially if you wanted to hear it.

#42 godwings19

godwings19

YZERMAN IS GOD

• 15 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:37 AM

I call him that all the time.

Are people just now realizing that his name can be said like that without anyone picking it up?

yes yes i am... i have thought of a lot of names like crosbitch and crysby but cindy... i love it!
there will never be a better player than yzerman....

#43 Osgood the Best

Osgood the Best

Black Ace

• 18 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:03 AM

Cindys better than any player we have.

LMAO, Franzen is better than Crosby. Yes Crosby has talent, but he is not the best in the league(granted this year he has started to really develop).

#44 Osgood the Best

Osgood the Best

Black Ace

• 18 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:10 AM

Edited by Osgood the Best, 29 March 2010 - 03:14 AM.

#45 Icesurfer

Icesurfer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

I heard the same thing..... he did say it.... I died laughing.
Defense and goaltending win championships!!!

#46 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

LMAO, Franzen is better than Crosby.

Really? Care to elaborate?

#47 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:11 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5wiSC6YoAQ

That's it... but if it continued, you'd see Ken, Mick and Trev all holding back laughter. It was funny. Thanks for posting that.

#48 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:57 AM

sorry buddy Crosby is not better than Lids.

Thanks for the laugh.

Didn't know it was 2002.

That's not even fair to Lidstrom...

Edited by Carman, 29 March 2010 - 09:57 AM.

#49 DEVILSWATERBOY

DEVILSWATERBOY

DEVILSWATERBOY

• PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:13 AM

I'm wondering if the same Wing's fans that complain about Crosby's attention will ever realize they are the ones bringing him up...

Thats funny I thought a player from Islanders got a suspension for saying something about the golden child

#50 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:18 AM

Thanks for the laugh.

Didn't know it was 2002.

That's not even fair to Lidstrom...

lol Right, because you have to stretch back to 2002 to think of when Lidstrom was arguably the best player in the league? How about 2007? Because he was then. Keep trolling it up, though, because you're the only one here who honestly thinks Crosby is better than Ovechkin. Even Crosby knows Ovi is better.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#51 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:21 AM

lol Right, because you have to stretch back to 2002 to think of when Lidstrom was arguably the best player in the league? How about 2007? Because he was then. Keep trolling it up, though, because you're the only one here who honestly thinks Crosby is better than Ovechkin. Even Crosby knows Ovi is better.

Well fine 2007, I was just using a year around Lidstrom's prime that's all.

By the way, good job bringing up Ovechkin. Who is trolling now though?

#52 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:28 AM

LMAO, Franzen is better than Crosby. Yes Crosby has talent, but he is not the best in the league(granted this year he has started to really develop).

I can't believe someone actualy +1'd this post. Franzen, who hasn't gotten more than 60 points in his career, is better than a player who has had multiple 100 point seasons, a Hart, and is currently leading the NHL in goals?

Posted Image

#53 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:29 AM

I can't believe someone actualy +1'd this post. Franzen, who hasn't gotten more than 60 points in his career, is better than a player who has had multiple 100 point seasons, a Hart, and is currently leading the NHL in goals?

Welcome to LGW. :cool:

#54 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:34 AM

As much as we all hate Sidney Crosby, how can you say Franzen is better than him. Crosby's numbers are ridiculous, and he is only 22 years old. Like most non-Pittsburgh fans, I don't like Crosby, but he is the best player in the league. The only player on our team that Ken Holland would NOT trade straight up for Crosby is Lidstrom. I don't like defending Crosby, but who is better than him in NHL.......

200506 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 81 39 63 102 110
200607 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 79 36 84 120 60 5 3 2 5 4
200708 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 53 24 48 72 39 20 6 21 27 12
200809 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 77 33 70 103 76 24 15 16 31 14
2009-10 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL75 47 47 97

#55 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:41 AM

Well fine 2007, I was just using a year around Lidstrom's prime that's all.

By the way, good job bringing up Ovechkin. Who is trolling now though?

I'm only trolling you because you know I'm just being a piss ant. We can do this back and forth without it being a big deal but you know you're just causing s*** when you do it to random people on here. :P

As much as we all hate Sidney Crosby, how can you say Franzen is better than him. Crosby's numbers are ridiculous, and he is only 22 years old. Like most non-Pittsburgh fans, I don't like Crosby, but he is the best player in the league. The only player on our team that Ken Holland would NOT trade straight up for Crosby is Lidstrom. I don't like defending Crosby, but who is better than him in NHL.......

2005–06 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 81 39 63 102 110 — — — — —
2006–07 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 79 36 84 120 60 5 3 2 5 4
2007–08 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 53 24 48 72 39 20 6 21 27 12
2008–09 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 77 33 70 103 76 24 15 16 31 14
2009-10 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL75 47 47 97

Dude-- Ovechkin's the best player in the league. And no-- I'm not saying that to bug Carman. I'm saying that because the seperation between Crosby and Ovechkin in terms of points per game is literally the same as the separation between Zetterberg and Bertuzzi. It's not even close.

Ovechkin's missed 10 games so far and he's still raping Crosby's numbers.

Ovechkin's been the best player in the league every year for the last 3 years. It's laughable that anyone could say Crosby is better. Unless we're talking solely about face-offs you just can't base that argument in reality.

Edit: double post for the win!

Edited by Drake_Marcus, 29 March 2010 - 10:42 AM.

Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#56 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:45 AM

I'll try and keep this civil.

Ovechkin in the best scorer without a doubt.

I just value Crosby's defensive game more. He's unbelievable in battles around the net and in the corners and it often goes unappreciated. Ovechkin's job is to score, in Boudreau's system he gets free reign to do pretty much anything and is not relied on the defensive coverage as much as Crosby is just purely on position.

I'm always going to value a great center over a great winger. I'd rather have Fedorov over Bure, Forsberg over Jagr, Yzerman over Hull and I'd rather have Crosby over Ovechkin.

Edited by Carman, 29 March 2010 - 10:46 AM.

#57 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:51 AM

I just value Crosby's defensive game more. He's unbelievable in battles around the net and in the corners and it often goes unappreciated. Ovechkin's job is to score, in Boudreau's system he gets free reign to do pretty much anything and is not relied on the defensive coverage as much as Crosby is just purely on position.

I'm always going to value a great center over a great winger. I'd rather have Fedorov over Bure, Forsberg over Jagr, Yzerman over Hull and I'd rather have Crosby over Ovechkin.

This. If you had the option of Crosby or Ovechkin to be on the wings who would you take? I would take Crosby because he is the better all around player. He makes the players around him better.

Edited by cupforwings, 29 March 2010 - 10:55 AM.

#58 DEVILSWATERBOY

DEVILSWATERBOY

DEVILSWATERBOY

• PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:52 AM

I am not saying that Criesby sucks the problem is not him it is the constant barage of him from the league and the media, the fans are sick of it and so are the other players in the league let the kid play quit shoving him down are throat and see what his stats are at the end of his career. Remember this a great player is made great by what is around him example put Yzerman on the Oilers instead of Gretz do we all think Gretz would still be the great one or would be Yzerman, take Crosby off of Pitt and put him on Blue Jackets and put Nash Pitt and see who is better My Opinion Malkin is better

What defensive game he is a very average

#59 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:53 AM

Well thanks for keeping it civil. :cool:

We should just settle our arguments with games of NHL10 on x-box live. If I wasn't terrible at it I'd totally do that. Too bad I spend all my time playing games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#60 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:54 AM

I am not saying that Criesby sucks the problem is not him it is the constant barage of him from the league and the media, the fans are sick of it and so are the other players in the league let the kid play quit shoving him down are throat and see what his stats are at the end of his career. Remember this a great player is made great by what is around him example put Yzerman on the Oilers instead of Gretz do we all think Gretz would still be the great one or would be Yzerman, take Crosby off of Pitt and put him on Blue Jackets and put Nash Pitt and see who is better My Opinion Malkin is better

What defensive game he is a very average

Then you don't watch the Penguin's much no offense. Saying Malkin is better than Crosby is laughable to any Penguin's fan. He's so inconsistent, Crosby gives 100% all the time whether you hate him or not.

And saying his defensive game is average is exactly what I'm talking about here. He's no where near a Kesler/Datsyuk, but he is a tier below he's much better than you give him credit for.