• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Broken 16

Kenny calling Crosby "Cindy"?

Rate this topic

lol Right, because you have to stretch back to 2002 to think of when Lidstrom was arguably the best player in the league? How about 2007? Because he was then. Keep trolling it up, though, because you're the only one here who honestly thinks Crosby is better than Ovechkin. Even Crosby knows Ovi is better.

Well fine 2007, I was just using a year around Lidstrom's prime that's all.

By the way, good job bringing up Ovechkin. Who is trolling now though?

LMAO, Franzen is better than Crosby. Yes Crosby has talent, but he is not the best in the league(granted this year he has started to really develop).

I can't believe someone actualy +1'd this post. Franzen, who hasn't gotten more than 60 points in his career, is better than a player who has had multiple 100 point seasons, a Hart, and is currently leading the NHL in goals?

LMAO, Franzen is better than Crosby. Yes Crosby has talent, but he is not the best in the league(granted this year he has started to really develop).

As much as we all hate Sidney Crosby, how can you say Franzen is better than him. Crosby's numbers are ridiculous, and he is only 22 years old. Like most non-Pittsburgh fans, I don't like Crosby, but he is the best player in the league. The only player on our team that Ken Holland would NOT trade straight up for Crosby is Lidstrom. I don't like defending Crosby, but who is better than him in NHL.......

2005–06 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 81 39 63 102 110 — — — — —

2006–07 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 79 36 84 120 60 5 3 2 5 4

2007–08 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 53 24 48 72 39 20 6 21 27 12

2008–09 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 77 33 70 103 76 24 15 16 31 14

2009-10 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL75 47 47 97

Well fine 2007, I was just using a year around Lidstrom's prime that's all.

By the way, good job bringing up Ovechkin. Who is trolling now though?

I'm only trolling you because you know I'm just being a piss ant. We can do this back and forth without it being a big deal but you know you're just causing s*** when you do it to random people on here. :P

As much as we all hate Sidney Crosby, how can you say Franzen is better than him. Crosby's numbers are ridiculous, and he is only 22 years old. Like most non-Pittsburgh fans, I don't like Crosby, but he is the best player in the league. The only player on our team that Ken Holland would NOT trade straight up for Crosby is Lidstrom. I don't like defending Crosby, but who is better than him in NHL.......

2005–06 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 81 39 63 102 110 — — — — —

2006–07 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 79 36 84 120 60 5 3 2 5 4

2007–08 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 53 24 48 72 39 20 6 21 27 12

2008–09 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 77 33 70 103 76 24 15 16 31 14

2009-10 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL75 47 47 97

Dude-- Ovechkin's the best player in the league. And no-- I'm not saying that to bug Carman. I'm saying that because the seperation between Crosby and Ovechkin in terms of points per game is literally the same as the separation between Zetterberg and Bertuzzi. It's not even close.

Ovechkin's missed 10 games so far and he's still raping Crosby's numbers.

Ovechkin's been the best player in the league every year for the last 3 years. It's laughable that anyone could say Crosby is better. Unless we're talking solely about face-offs you just can't base that argument in reality.

Edit: double post for the win!

Edited by Drake_Marcus

I'll try and keep this civil.

Ovechkin in the best scorer without a doubt.

I just value Crosby's defensive game more. He's unbelievable in battles around the net and in the corners and it often goes unappreciated. Ovechkin's job is to score, in Boudreau's system he gets free reign to do pretty much anything and is not relied on the defensive coverage as much as Crosby is just purely on position.

I'm always going to value a great center over a great winger. I'd rather have Fedorov over Bure, Forsberg over Jagr, Yzerman over Hull and I'd rather have Crosby over Ovechkin.

Edited by Carman

I just value Crosby's defensive game more. He's unbelievable in battles around the net and in the corners and it often goes unappreciated. Ovechkin's job is to score, in Boudreau's system he gets free reign to do pretty much anything and is not relied on the defensive coverage as much as Crosby is just purely on position.

I'm always going to value a great center over a great winger. I'd rather have Fedorov over Bure, Forsberg over Jagr, Yzerman over Hull and I'd rather have Crosby over Ovechkin.

This. If you had the option of Crosby or Ovechkin to be on the wings who would you take? I would take Crosby because he is the better all around player. He makes the players around him better.

Edited by cupforwings

I am not saying that Criesby sucks the problem is not him it is the constant barage of him from the league and the media, the fans are sick of it and so are the other players in the league let the kid play quit shoving him down are throat and see what his stats are at the end of his career. Remember this a great player is made great by what is around him example put Yzerman on the Oilers instead of Gretz do we all think Gretz would still be the great one or would be Yzerman, take Crosby off of Pitt and put him on Blue Jackets and put Nash Pitt and see who is better My Opinion Malkin is better

What defensive game he is a very average

Well thanks for keeping it civil. :cool:

We should just settle our arguments with games of NHL10 on x-box live. If I wasn't terrible at it I'd totally do that. Too bad I spend all my time playing games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age.

I am not saying that Criesby sucks the problem is not him it is the constant barage of him from the league and the media, the fans are sick of it and so are the other players in the league let the kid play quit shoving him down are throat and see what his stats are at the end of his career. Remember this a great player is made great by what is around him example put Yzerman on the Oilers instead of Gretz do we all think Gretz would still be the great one or would be Yzerman, take Crosby off of Pitt and put him on Blue Jackets and put Nash Pitt and see who is better My Opinion Malkin is better

What defensive game he is a very average

Then you don't watch the Penguin's much no offense. Saying Malkin is better than Crosby is laughable to any Penguin's fan. He's so inconsistent, Crosby gives 100% all the time whether you hate him or not.

And saying his defensive game is average is exactly what I'm talking about here. He's no where near a Kesler/Datsyuk, but he is a tier below he's much better than you give him credit for.

Then you don't watch the Penguin's much no offense. Saying Malkin is better than Crosby is laughable to any Penguin's fan. He's so inconsistent, Crosby gives 100% all the time whether you hate him or not.

And saying his defensive game is average is exactly what I'm talking about here. He's no where near a Kesler/Datsyuk, but he is a tier below he's much better than you give him credit for.

Woh woh... He still isn't up to the second tier defensive elites.

Regardless, we know where we stand on this. I challenge you to a lolcat fight.

draft_lens2327471module12969907photo_1228861650lolcat2.gif

Plus he's real classy. No ass-punchin or end-of-game-crosscheck/sucker-punch-to-the-back-of-the-head ***** moves. Nosirree. Nothin but class for Cindy.

Exceptional skills = yep.

Asshat-duochenozzle = yep.

His behavior makes it too easy to poke fun at him. He's a little ***** that needs to grow up so he can gain a little respect.

Woh woh... He still isn't up to the second tier defensive elites.

Regardless, we know where we stand on this. I challenge you to a lolcat fight.

draft_lens2327471module12969907photo_1228861650lolcat2.gif

Fair enough.

Astronaut kitty deployed.

wnCbL.jpg

There is more arguing between us wings fans than the talk between detroit and pittsburgh fans. put a ******* tampon in people. seriously.... you all are ******* retarded...

JRskl.png

Ok I'm done.

Guest REDWINGSFTW

Haters will be haters, but fact is crosby is a beast, and better than any of are players. His shot is becoming more deadly then it ever was, he can pass, he can shoot, right now i say ovechkin is better, but hell thats not going to stand in 2-3 years, crosby will be the best in the league. You guys question a 22 year olds behaviour on the ice and are looking at his behaviour when he came in the NHL at 18 years old. How else is a 18-22 year old gonna react when hes getting bullied by much stronger players for his first 2 years in the NHL. Last year and this year he really is out muscling many of them.

Hes not in there to get in a fight, hes no jarome iglina who has no problems getting into a fight, but i gurantee all the ''soft'' labels hes getting is really getting to his head when he does those immature thing.

Malkin is right there with Crosby most of the time with playing good, but Crosby is the leader, watch a penguins game you see Crosby talking on the bench and Malkin listening. Crosby is the engine that makes pittsburgh run.

Go away. Seriously, just go away.

I need to go away because I think the league's current goal scoring leader and a perennial 100 point forward isn't better than a 40 year old defenseman(No disrespect to Lidstrom at all, I'd certainly take him in his prime over anyone in the league for the record)?

No offense, but I'm going to need an explanation here...

I need to go away because I think the league's current goal scoring leader and a perennial 100 point forward isn't better than a 40 year old defenseman(No disrespect to Lidstrom at all, I'd certainly take him in his prime over anyone in the league for the record)?

No offense, but I'm going to need an explanation here...

Nice disclaimer. I seriously doubt any unbiased hockey fan would take Lid's current game over Crosby's, but as it has been said over and over, Ovie is the game's best player, and if he was Canadian and looked like a member of the cast of Goonies, he'd be the face of the league, not Cindy. Fact is, in the history of the game, many put Lids on the all time first defense pairing. Crosby will never be all time first anything. When you're not even the best of your generation, all time greatness is elusive. Ask Yzerman.