• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Broken 16

Kenny calling Crosby "Cindy"?

Rate this topic

Nice disclaimer. I seriously doubt any unbiased hockey fan would take Lid's current game over Crosby's, but as it has been said over and over, Ovie is the game's best player, and if he was Canadian and looked like a member of the cast of Goonies, he'd be the face of the league, not Cindy. Fact is, in the history of the game, many put Lids on the all time first defense pairing. Crosby will never be all time first anything. When you're not even the best of your generation, all time greatness is elusive. Ask Yzerman.

It's a little early in both their careers to say who will go down best in their generation isn't it?

They play two completely different styles as well, very hard to compare.

(I think Yzerman will be happy with all the cups then the individual recognition by the way.)

It's a little early in both their careers to say who will go down best in their generation isn't it?

They play two completely different styles as well, very hard to compare.

(I think Yzerman will be happy with all the cups then the individual recognition by the way.)

At this point in their careers, the overall consensus is that Ovie is the better player. Any predictions about future accomplishments are merely speculation. I've always found it amusing that the only people who think Crosby is the better player are North American. I'm sure there are a few, but I've yet to see anyone from Europe post in any forum saying that Crosby is the better player, while many from North America prefer Ovie's game. As for Stevie's happiness being relevant, I fail to see it. After all, the best players of Stevie's generation......Wayne and Mario.........won a few cups too.

I think Carman is cindy crosby's jock strap. he loves crosby so much he get on here to defend him. go to the pittsburgh board buddy. your not a wings fan. if i ever see crosby i will smack him in the face. the guy is a pansy.

:clap:

Feel better?

I think it's funny that Ken made such a Freudian slip on-air, and I would really like to see the next few seconds of that video, where Mickey and Trev share a chuckle about it.

Let's face it, most of the bad feelings towards Crosby in general, and specifically on this board, is not because he is a bad player, quite the contrary, he is arguably the best player in the NHL right now, and I say arguably because people will argue about it until the argument turns into a pissing contest, shouting match, or whatever constitutes slap-fighting on a forum.

The bad feelings towards Crosby is mainly due to his overmarketing by the NHL and Bettman. He was tagged as the greatest thing since sliced bread before he even set foot in an NHL rink, and while comparisons to Gretzky are not completely unfounded, there is such thing as too much hype. Also, there are perceived personality flaws, from temper tantrums, diving/complaining to officials, lack of respect for opponents, and general immaturity which make the media onslaught even harder to swallow.

The thing that makes it so much fun to make fun of Sidney Crosby is that he is such an easy target. His first name is androgynous, he has effeminate features, let's face it, the guy probably went through hell in middle school for those reasons alone. Not to mention the antics I previously mentioned.

So, to those who scan these boards looking for mention of Crosby's name so they can jump to the rescue and say "not so fast, my friend", I say calm down. No one in their right mind thinks Crosby is a bad player, most of us just don't like him, and no amount of statistics or anything else you come up with to defend him is going to change that.

Getting back to the REAL reason for this thread, does anyone have the extended version of that video?