• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#81 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:19 AM

I think it's funny that Ken made such a Freudian slip on-air, and I would really like to see the next few seconds of that video, where Mickey and Trev share a chuckle about it.

Let's face it, most of the bad feelings towards Crosby in general, and specifically on this board, is not because he is a bad player, quite the contrary, he is arguably the best player in the NHL right now, and I say arguably because people will argue about it until the argument turns into a pissing contest, shouting match, or whatever constitutes slap-fighting on a forum.

The bad feelings towards Crosby is mainly due to his overmarketing by the NHL and Bettman. He was tagged as the greatest thing since sliced bread before he even set foot in an NHL rink, and while comparisons to Gretzky are not completely unfounded, there is such thing as too much hype. Also, there are perceived personality flaws, from temper tantrums, diving/complaining to officials, lack of respect for opponents, and general immaturity which make the media onslaught even harder to swallow.

The thing that makes it so much fun to make fun of Sidney Crosby is that he is such an easy target. His first name is androgynous, he has effeminate features, let's face it, the guy probably went through hell in middle school for those reasons alone. Not to mention the antics I previously mentioned.

So, to those who scan these boards looking for mention of Crosby's name so they can jump to the rescue and say "not so fast, my friend", I say calm down. No one in their right mind thinks Crosby is a bad player, most of us just don't like him, and no amount of statistics or anything else you come up with to defend him is going to change that.

Getting back to the REAL reason for this thread, does anyone have the extended version of that video?

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate