• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BamaWing

Jarome Iginla

Rate this topic

I know the odds of me ever seeing Iginla in the Wings sweater is slim to none but man he's one of my favorite players. I know he only has 2 years left on his current contract and there's talks about moving him or if he'll be there given Calgary decides to rebuild.

I'd just really like for him to go to an Eastern Conf. team if he does leave Calgary.

I'd have no issue if he was a Wing, but he's pretty loathsome if he's not on your team.

Yeah. I want to hate the guy, but I can't because he's just too awesome on and off the ice.

Let's not forget, he's already slated to become a future Leaf.

Let's not forget, he's already slated to become a future Leaf.

haha sad but true

:angry:

Apparently, Flames fans wouldn't mind to see him leave.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=89184

I've ready from a couple of a different sources that it's something they're thinking about. They'll obviously get more this offseason than letting go through FA. I think it's a moot point since I highly doubt we'd be able to afford him but with the way he plays if he's not a Wing, then go to the East please

Just like Bertuzzi eh? :cool:

Completely different. I wasn't aware of the injuries Bertuzzi has struggled with on and off over the last couple of years.

Iginla does not know how to play in the defensive zone, he has become really weak along the boards, turns over the puck almost every shift, and he can't skate anymore. The only thing he seems to have left is his ability to pass and his quick release (best in the NHL). Unfortunately his ability to pass usually leads to interceptions because he lacks the hockey sense he once had.

I still love the guy, but it just isn't the same Iginla. He is not a powerforward, he is a sniper that has no one to pass him the puck, and even if he did he would still turn the puck over.

I'm hoping it's an off year, I'm hoping it has all to do with a lack of number one center (confidence, motivation). It would be great seeing him go to Boston.

Edit: Despite my absolute hate for Franzen, Holmstrom, Kronwall, and Stuart; I would probably cheer for the Wings if Iginla played for them.

Edited by adubs

Iginla is one of my favorite players. He is by far my favorite black hockey player all time. He will do anything for his teammates on ice, and is a great person off ice. I doubt he will ever be a Wing, but that would be awesome.

Completely different. I wasn't aware of the injuries Bertuzzi has struggled with on and off over the last couple of years.

Iginla does not know how to play in the defensive zone, he has become really weak along the boards, turns over the puck almost every shift, and he can't skate anymore. The only thing he seems to have left is his ability to pass and his quick release (best in the NHL). Unfortunately his ability to pass usually leads to interceptions because he lacks the hockey sense he once had.

I still love the guy, but it just isn't the same Iginla. He is not a powerforward, he is a sniper that has no one to pass him the puck, and even if he did he would still turn the puck over.

I'm hoping it's an off year, I'm hoping it has all to do with a lack of number one center (confidence, motivation). It would be great seeing him go to Boston.

Edit: Despite my absolute hate for Franzen, Holmstrom, Kronwall, and Stuart; I would probably cheer for the Wings if Iginla played for them.

How does one lose their hockey sense?

As usual, I'm swimming against the tide here. I never in my life want to see Iginla in a Winged Wheel. Ever. He's a nasty punk IMO. His repeated thuggish attempts to "send a message" in the waning minutes of a losing effort have gotten tiresome. What's really frustrating is that he is a good hockey player and he doesn't need to stoop to those antics. I just don't get it.

It'll never, ever happen, but...

I'd take Iginla wearing the winged wheel in a New York second. And I'd give up a roster player to do it.

What are two things our team is missing? What are two of the most lamented lackings on this very board?

Toughness and a sniper.

Sound familiar? He brings leadership to boot. Any team would be beyond silly to not add him to their roster, given the chance. Even if he isn't the same player he once was (and I personally chalk this up to a s***ty year), the dressing room presence, willingness to stand up for his team mates and Dan Marino like release make him worth a paycheck any year of the century. Oh, did someone mention hockey IQ? Yeah, I think he's got that too. Team minded? Yup. Able to mentor younger players? Check.

Even if the Calgary poster here is correct about his decline, he would not be asked to be the man here, only to add to the soup. We already have at least three of "the men." But just like Hossa in the same position, we can't afford him.

I can't believe this is even a debate.

Calgary needs a new GM. They rip their roster apart annually and then wonder why it isn't gelling. Honestly, it's shocking how dumb Sutter is in that respect. Chemistry can't grow when you throw your team in the blender once a year. Does he not notice that perennial contenders rarely change their core players?

I think that while that game the other day when calgary lost to Boston that Burkey was already on the phone feeding it to Sutter...My perdiction is that he goes to Toronto if he leaves Calgary :thumbup:

PS~Jarome would ******* OWN Toronto

Calgary needs a new GM. They rip their roster apart annually and then wonder why it isn't gelling. Honestly, it's shocking how dumb Sutter is in that respect. Chemistry can't grow when you throw your team in the blender once a year. Does he not notice that perennial contenders rarely change their core players?

Most fans are calling for Sutter's head the way this season has gone. Meanwhile, we can just sit back and laugh at them.

As usual, I'm swimming against the tide here. I never in my life want to see Iginla in a Winged Wheel. Ever. He's a nasty punk IMO. His repeated thuggish attempts to "send a message" in the waning minutes of a losing effort have gotten tiresome. What's really frustrating is that he is a good hockey player and he doesn't need to stoop to those antics. I just don't get it.

^^This.

He'd be a perfect fit for the St. Louis Blues, whose organizational philosophy has always been to "send a message" by gooning it up at the end of one of their (many) losing causes. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what the "message" is supposed to be, other than: "Since we're now into our sixth decade of never having achieved a damned thing, maybe sending the other team's players off the ice on stretchers will appease our fans for one more year."