• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BamaWing

Jarome Iginla

Rate this topic

Yeah, the offer as it stands is a tad low - it would most likely include some of the additional Pu Pu plater of role players and salary heavy veterens, possibly a draft pick or two.

The key point of it was - those would be the principal pieces of the trade, the Flames would be inticed by a top flight power forward prospect and the Penguins would land an elite scoring winger with about - 3 years left of top quality play.

No way. The deal would have to much sweeter for Calgary.

for some reason CBC thinks yzerman is leaving the wings in the off season.... i dont buy it for a minute, because the wings have been loyal to him his whole career so in turn he will be loyal to them..... rumor is that several teams r interested in the services of yzerman including minny, and st louis.... cbc says so....

Yzerman to St. Louis? :lol:

for some reason CBC thinks yzerman is leaving the wings in the off season.... i dont buy it for a minute, because the wings have been loyal to him his whole career so in turn he will be loyal to them..... rumor is that several teams r interested in the services of yzerman including minny, and st louis.... cbc says so....

It would be surprising if he left Detroit to run another franchise. I'm pretty sure he does want to be GM one day. But I could see Lidstrom retiring, Holland retiring, and Yzerman becoming GM with Holland in a Scotty Bowman like advisory capacity.

My only hope is that if Stevie does one day take over the Wings, he doesn't suck. He's had a lot of talented guys to learn from, but being a great hockey player does not necessarily translate to being a great GM. I think sometimes it can actually work against you because you don't have a dispassionate stance towards players and the game.

No thanks! This team doesn't need a poor loser. Although it would be funny when we played Pittsburg, to see who could land more cheap shots after the game has been decided, Iginla or Crosby.

There's so many great things to like about Iggy. Watching the Wings play against him though, when the flames were losing I did get sick of him trying the crap you expect of guys like Perry. Like chasing Schneider down the ice crosschecking him in the back, trying to get him to fight.

I can't see him coming to Detroit, but I'd absolutely love to have him here. Something tells me once he got out of Calgary and away from coaches like the Sutters and Keenan, he'll feel less obligated to start that crap and instead be more of the player he is. One who can score, pass, hit, and drop the gloves. He's asked to do too much on the Flames. Or feels obligated to. Either way, it'd probably be good for his career to go somewhere else rather than trying to carry that team season after season.

Ah, Harold, I've missed you.

You make a very valid point. He might very well change his ways being in a different environment, i.e. Chris Chelios. Now I need to scrub my mouth out with soap. ewwww.

Ah, Harold, I've missed you.

You make a very valid point. He might very well change his ways being in a different environment, i.e. Chris Chelios. Now I need to scrub my mouth out with soap. ewwww.

I figured I'd pop in from time to time. Though I'm still getting used to the new point system. Like my post about Yzerman being GM of the Wings apparently warranted a -1? I guess because I even brought up the possibility he wouldn't be great?