• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingsfan_54

Can Detroit catch Chicago?

Rate this topic

Easy topic. Detroit has been on a tear since the olympic break, Chicago not so much...We are now within I believe 8 pts of them with 7 games remaining. It's probably alot of wishing and good luck, but can you see this happening? LGW!!!

Easy topic. Detroit has been on a tear since the olympic break, Chicago not so much...We are now within I believe 8 pts of them with 7 games remaining. It's probably alot of wishing and good luck, but can you see this happening? LGW!!!

Luke: Got 'im! I got 'im!

Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

Possible...yes

Probable...no

Agree. Nothing wrong with wishful thinking...but then again, anything is possible.

I'd still be more focused on the Wings making the playoffs than catching the Hawks.

Well, let's see. The Wings have done pretty good winning what 60-70% of the games this season? Let's assume they keep that up. They have 7 games left, so I think it's reasonable to assume they will go AT LEAST 4-3. That would give Detroit 99 points. The way they've been playing they could probably realistically go 5-2. That would give them 101 points. That means Chicago would have to go 0-7-1.

Now, let's say the Wings go 6-1. That'd give them 103 points, so Chicago would have to go no better than 1-7 in order for us to catch them.

Let's say Detroit goes 7-0. That'd give them 105 points. Chicago would have to go 2-6.

I can see the Wings going 5-2 or 6-1, but I don't see Chicago going 2-6.

So no.

I don't want to catch them. Beating them in the playoffs would be that much more awesome, and much more devastating for their fans, if we are the lower seed.

Let me get this straight...

You'd rather not advance in the seedings so that Detroit's placement upsets Chicago's fans to a greater degree in the event of a series win?

Homerism and hyperbole should seriously rhyme around here.

Let me get this straight...

You'd rather not advance in the seedings so that Detroit's placement upsets Chicago's fans to a greater degree in the event of a series win?

Homerism and hyperbole should seriously rhyme around here.

Ok, you're taking it a little too seriously. Obviously I would be ecstatic to have a 3 seed, but it certainly looks out of the question to me. I'm just saying, Chicago being favored and going down to us would be great.

That would be just hilarious if they blew it and we ended up getting the central division crown. I mean after the whole season of being leaps and bounds ahead of detroit and then lose it in the last few days of the season. not sayin it would happen but you never know.

You know what I think about a lot in relation to Chicago?

How I hope Johan Franzen can find a way to avoid a fall-scheduled game against the Hawks. We're going on 3 years now where he's encountered an injury. It's ridiculous. Next time get a one or two day allergy or something, please.

IMO, it would take an injury of both Kane and Toews or both Keith and Seabrook for the Wings to catch them. And the Wings would need to win every game and the Hawks to lose more than they should. I think that Nashville is a more reachable goal and more important since their fans would never shut up about it while the Hawks fans never shut up as it is.

EDIT: A first round sweep of the Hawks (by any team) is what I asked Santa for this year.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

Some good replies, I agree completely we should worry about just winning and clinching that playoff spot, and try to catch Nashville who is just one point ahead. I couldn't help but think though, how awesome that would be to catch the Hawks. One can wish, right?! After all, we are the Red Wings, and lets face it. The way our season has gone with all our injuries, had that not happened we'd have been 1st right now no questions asked. It's almost embarrassing to Chicago that we're even within reach of them considering our season up until late.

It's not unrealistic by any means. Chicago plays the 2nd of back to back games tomorrow night against a pesky Minnesota team. They've got a game against the Devils, a game against Calgary (who could still be fighting for a playoff spot), a game against Colorado (who could still be fighting for a playoff spot), a game against Dallas (probably a win), another game against the Blues (who are beating Chicago tonight), and finishing up against the Wings. I would not be one bit surprised to see Chicago go 1-5 in those games.

I'm guessing we'll end up in the 5th slot though.