• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Your Script for the Post Season

Rate this topic

Things that, were they to happen, would make me smile.

1. Hawks are swept in the first round. Don't care who does it, just make them leave in shame.

2. Joe Thornton has no points when the Sharks are eliminated by Detroit in WCF.

3. Jarome Iginla is laid out at center ice with the most legal hit ever... city of Calgary riots.

4. Red Wings sweep Vancouver in first round, commentators suggest lucky bounces and streaky goaltending helped advance to next round and see a fall for the Wings against the Predators. Mikael Samuelsson finishes with 0 points, -23 rating, and 92 SOG over 4 games.

5. Pittsburgh Penguins advance with NHL record 14 goals taken back from opposing team. Some suggest conspiracy, Pierre Maguire applauds veteran officiating.

6. Red Wings sweep Predators in second round, commentators suggest opponent was burnt out due to travel of previous round. Johan Franzen scores 13 goals in 4 games. Jimmy Howard records 2 shutouts.

7. Niklas Kronwall catches Jordin Tootoo with his head down. The hit makes SC top 10 and CNN's viral video segment the next morning.

8. Wings sweep SJ Sharks in WCF. Announcers swear that the Wings are the best team in the post season and reference several quotes they made in October.

9. Wings sweep Penguins. Cup hoisted in JLA. After initial victory lap Lidstrom hands Cup to Howard. Howard skates to opposing blueline and sets Cup on ice on its side. Penguins players watch with astonishment as Howard takes off all of his clothing and begins to make love to the Cup. Howard points at Crosby and keeps a very uncomfortable constant eye contact with him. After putting his gear back on, he skates the Cup over to Crosby, puts it in his hands and says "It told me that I #*&$% better than you." Then he skates off the ice. I die of laughter.

Guest mindfly

1. I get to watch a ton of great hockey.

2. The best team wins.

3. Detroit is that team.

(in order of importance)

Shouldn't a fan think winning the cup is the most important thing?

Shouldn't a fan think winning the cup is the most important thing?

Yup. I'm a huge hockey fan, and I hope the best hockey team wins the Cup. My favorite hockey team is hockey's Red Wings, so I hope that they turn out to be the best hockey team in the land.

Howard skates to opposing blueline and sets Cup on ice on its side. Penguins players watch with astonishment as Howard takes off all of his clothing and begins to make love to the Cup. Howard points at Crosby and keeps a very uncomfortable constant eye contact with him. After putting his gear back on, he skates the Cup over to Crosby, puts it in his hands and says "It told me that I #*&$% better than you."

lol

Guest mindfly

Yup. I'm a huge hockey fan, and I hope the best hockey team wins the Cup. My favorite hockey team is hockey's Red Wings, so I hope that they turn out to be the best hockey team in the land.

Even if wings were the worst team among the playoffs team and grinded out wins and won games perhaps they shouldnt have won i would prefer that than having chicago winning it.

As much as I would like to see the wings win the cup, I would also kind of like to see Chicago win the west and lose in the SCF. Can you imagine if Hossa lost 3 years in a row with 3 different teams in the Stanley Cup finals? I would also like to see someone besides Pittsburgh or Washington won the East just to see what the hell the announcers would talk about during the SCF.

Edited by Lidstrom for life

Even if wings were the worst team among the playoffs team and grinded out wins and won games perhaps they shouldnt have won i would prefer that than having chicago winning it.

Me too! lol but does anyone have this nagging suspision that Hossa is going to tear it up this year?(which is the main reason I didnt want to see him go;Im sure he wont do that again this year)

In the east: Thrashers beat the Devils.

Cindy *****-slaps Pronger. Pronger gets 2 minutes for interference. Pronger elbows Cindy. Gets off due to physics. Bettman mandates high school physics classes for all players.

In the west: Kane gets a hat trick during an away game. The crowd throws dimes instead of hats. Byfuglien is out for the rest of the season when he tries to pick up a couple of them in Kane's view.

Sammy has hat tricks in every game he plays.

Kopecky wins the Conn Smythe.

As much as I would like to see the wings win the cup, I would also kind of like to see Chicago win the west and lose in the SCF. Can you imagine if Hossa lost 3 years in a row with 3 different teams in the Stanley Cup finals? I would also like to see someone besides Pittsburgh or Washington won the East just to see what the hell the announcers would talk about during the SCF.

I would prefer to eliminate Chicago and then go on to win the Stanley Cup. Hossa getting sent home by the Cup winners is becoming traditional.

Who wants to screw with tradition? We throw octo's don't we?

I would prefer to eliminate Chicago and then go on to win the Stanley Cup. Hossa getting sent home by the Cup winners is becoming traditional.

Who wants to screw with tradition? We throw octo's don't we?

Good point! We could have the best of both worlds that way.

Things that, were they to happen, would make me smile.

1. Hawks are swept in the first round. Don't care who does it, just make them leave in shame.

2. Joe Thornton has no points when the Sharks are eliminated by Detroit in WCF.

3. Jarome Iginla is laid out at center ice with the most legal hit ever... city of Calgary riots.

4. Red Wings sweep Vancouver in first round, commentators suggest lucky bounces and streaky goaltending helped advance to next round and see a fall for the Wings against the Predators. Mikael Samuelsson finishes with 0 points, -23 rating, and 92 SOG over 4 games.

5. Pittsburgh Penguins advance with NHL record 14 goals taken back from opposing team. Some suggest conspiracy, Pierre Maguire applauds veteran officiating.

6. Red Wings sweep Predators in second round, commentators suggest opponent was burnt out due to travel of previous round. Johan Franzen scores 13 goals in 4 games. Jimmy Howard records 2 shutouts.

7. Niklas Kronwall catches Jordin Tootoo with his head down. The hit makes SC top 10 and CNN's viral video segment the next morning.

8. Wings sweep SJ Sharks in WCF. Announcers swear that the Wings are the best team in the post season and reference several quotes they made in October.

9. Wings sweep Penguins. Cup hoisted in JLA. After initial victory lap Lidstrom hands Cup to Howard. Howard skates to opposing blueline and sets Cup on ice on its side. Penguins players watch with astonishment as Howard takes off all of his clothing and begins to make love to the Cup. Howard points at Crosby and keeps a very uncomfortable constant eye contact with him. After putting his gear back on, he skates the Cup over to Crosby, puts it in his hands and says "It told me that I #*&$% better than you." Then he skates off the ice. I die of laughter.

Howard may need a thicker chest protector then

good job OP, several of those made me chuckle.

i always say that if the wings win 6 playoff games i am satisfied. that means they made it to the 2nd round and at least put up a fight. after those first round flops we had earlier in the decade, i decided to set my expectations lower which really allows me to enjoy the later rounds. obviously i would love to win it every year, but in a 30 team league, thats just not going to happen. call me a bad fan or whatever, i just like lower expectations.

however, along with others in this thread, would love to see teams like the hawks and penguins get embarrassed in the first round. i actually love underdog stories and would love to see someone like phoenix go on a run. in the east, i wouldn't mind the capitals going deep. even though it would mean a ton of ovechkin love, at least it would bring him back up to cindy's level and help temper the media crush just a little bit. would love to see atlanta squeak in and make some noise, but i think making the playoffs might be all they can muster up.

i just want to see some good clean hockey so we can hear about things other than crosby and headshots.

My heart says a cup win, my head says I'd be happy with making it to the conference finals.

I'd love to see SJ and CHI get beat out early, and if the Wings don't win the Cup I'd like to see The Caps get it.

1. Sharks choke in 1st round

2. Pens choke in 1st round

3. Wings beat Hawks

4. Wings beat Caps in the SCF.

5. Holmstrom wins Conn Smythe.

Hey, get outta my brain!!

All of the above except we beat the Caps in game 6 to win the cup so it will be at home.

(Oh and after the Pens lose in the first round Bettman is admitted to the psych ward and lives happily medicated ever after in a pleasant padded room )

1. Hawks - goaltending to cause them to flop

2. Sharks - Marleau and Thornton to choke

3. LA and COL to put up good fights no matter how far they end up going

4. Bryzgalov to play well

5. Theodore to bust and Varlamov to take over

6. CAPS to eliminate PENS in 7 in ECF

7. BUF to take PITT to 7 in 2nd Rd

8. BOS and MTL to get man handled in the first round

9. Howard to continue to be the man no matter how far Detroit makes it

10. Franzen to continue to be a playoff, clutch goal scoring machine

11. Datsyuk to be playoff injury free and continue to put up pts like a beast

1. Bertuzzi loses the remainder of his bottom teeth by actually blocking a shot by catching it mid-air with his mouth

2. Cindy Crosby shown flinching when he sees Jimmy Howard coming down the handshake line after the Wings sweep the Pens in the 2010 SCF at Pittsburgh. A reverse angle shows Crosby cowering behind Bill Guerin.

3. Pierre McGuire loses his job trying to cut a lock of Crosby's hair while he's in between the benches.

Guest REDWINGSFTW

Detroit vs Pittsburgh round 3 and we win the cup. Otherwise just winning the cup.

I honestly wouldn't be happy with going to the WCF I want to either win it all or lose early.

If we aren't going to win in the end our players could use a longer summer and replenishing the farm with a somehwat high draft pick for once wouldn't make me too angry either.