No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Your Script for the Post Season

Rate this topic

1. Bettman retires.

2. Hawks get swept in the 1st round.

3. Sharks get swept in the 1st round.

4. Sharks and Hawks play each other, both teams lose in 4 games by some miracle.

5. Pittsburgh gets swept by Washington.

6. After every announcer and analyst says that Detroit will go down in flames in the playoffs, we win it all.

7. Joel Q goes ape s***, beats up a referee.

8. Babcock's death stare actually works.

9. The refs stop disallowing Homer's goals.

10. Kronwall becomes a one man demolition crew again and knocks at least 3 people out.

11. Jimmy Howard joins Patty Wah and Cam Ward as rookies to win it all.

12. Pierre catches a puck to the face, rendering him unable to announce for the entire playoffs.

See above for the win.

1. Chicago gets their butts handed to them, proving the Hossa curse works.

2. San Jose chokes again.

3. Phoenix goes beyond the first round - but no farther.

4. Detroit sweeps every opponent.

5. Pittsburgh gets their butts handed to them, and Crosby gets plastered by Milan Lucic.

6. Marc Savard doesn't play, but finds Matt Cooke in a hallway and proceeds to beat the living s*** out of him.

7. Pasha plays like a house afire and wins the Conn Smythe.

1) Wings win the Stanley Cup

2) Karen Newman vows to sing the "National Anthem" with progressively less clothes every time the Wings win.

3) Patrick Kane is unable to play since he's beaten unconscious by the "American Taxi-Cab Driver's Association."

4) Cindy Crosby gives I'veagyni Malkin an untreatable case of antibiotic resisitant syphillis...both find their careers over and G. Bettman gives them a farewell Chippendale's party.

5) Chrissy PrickPronger, embarassed by his continued existence, tries to end his life by attaching his mouth to a Zamboni exhaust pipe (not the first of such occurrence in his life), unfortunately, he only succeeds in burning his tongue, thus ruining S. Niedermayer's off-season.

6) The Florida Panthers, inexplicably, continue to have a hockey team.

Guest ZetterbergFourty

1. Detroit makes the playoffs.

2. Pittsburgh does not come anywhere close to the SCF.

3. Detroit/Pittsburgh do not make up the SCF.

4. No show Joe and the Sharks continue to choke on pucks in the playoffs.

5. Phoenix goes out in the first round, kill the unwarrented hype.

6. Vancouver faces Detroit in the WCF.

7. Washington and NJD in the ECF.

8. Detroit wins the cup.

9. Too much to ask for a 16-0 playoffs from the Wings?

10. Howard win the Conn Smythe.

11. I dont know why i keep numbering this as the order matters not.

12. Seeing six 7 game series.

13. Some player from some team, doesnt matter, breaks the playoff points record.

14. Detroit wins the cup.

15. Lots of intense games and rivalry series.

16. Lidstrom knocks Crosby to the media.

17. Crosby knocks Lidstrom back from the golf course.

18. Best playoffs in 12 years.

19. No Don Cherry in sight (it'll never happen but one can wish)

20. That's it. Dont know why i numbered this one either.

1) Wings win the Stanley Cup

2) Karen Newman vows to sing the "National Anthem" with progressively less clothes every time the Wings win.

3) Patrick Kane is unable to play since he's beaten unconscious by the "American Taxi-Cab Driver's Association."

4) Cindy Crosby gives I'veagyni Malkin an untreatable case of antibiotic resisitant syphillis...both find their careers over and G. Bettman gives them a farewell Chippendale's party.

5) Chrissy PrickPronger, embarassed by his continued existence, tries to end his life by attaching his mouth to a Zamboni exhaust pipe (not the first of such occurrence in his life), unfortunately, he only succeeds in burning his tongue, thus ruining S. Niedermayer's off-season.

6) The Florida Panthers, inexplicably, continue to have a hockey team.

I have a better one for number two: Karen Newman gets laryngitis. Those of us who plug our ears and hit mute buttons on the tv breathe a sigh of relief.

Wings get the sharks in the first round, because phoenix wins that division. Wings beat the Sharks.

Wings play the Blackhawks in either round 2 or 3 (preferably 3) and have an epic 7 game series in OT where the Wings win it on a huge Hossa mistake. Haha.

Wings vs Pens round 3 in the finals, where this time we sweep them and win the cup on home ice, and Howie gets the Conn Smythe.

Edited by marcaractac

Wings win the cup, but I'd settle for WCF.

Pens don't make the ECF.... Neither do caps.

If the Wings don't make the SCF, I'd give near anything for Yotes vs Thrashers SCF. LOL

That's about it other than no Red Wings get injured.

Penguins WALTZ into the Finals, with the entire country picking them to win in 6 games. Detroit flat out DESTROYS them to reclaim the Cup by outscoring them 18-0 in the sweep. Zetterberg wins his second Conn Smythe trophy. Howard isn't even in contention because the Penguins manage only 12 shots in the entire series.

Ideally, the Wings win the Cup, Lidstrom, Holmstrom, Draper and Maltby all announce their retirement at the parade.

If we don't win, then as long as the Penguins don't come close to the Finals, I'll be OK. I think I'd even be OK with the Blackhawks winning as long as the Penguins don't. :tomato:

Worst case scenario (aside from a Penguins repeat) Devils or Thrashers from the East, Predators or Coyotes from the East, I would have to start a thread "What if every hockey fan yawned at the same time"

Red Wings eliminate Hossa and the Blackhawks (though in the end I don't have anything against Hossa or utterly hate him or anything like that - just a natural competitiveness to beat him/stick it to him, nothing more or less)

Red Wings win the Stanley Cup

Crosby and the Penguins get eliminated in the first round - I rarely go into the extreme love or hate mode of players or teams, and it has very little, if anything at all, to do with the Wings and Penguins meeting the last two times in the Finals. Just sick and tired of Crosby promos, and just because of Crosby's attitude more often than not off the ice or in stoppages of play in a game.

Not too complicated for me.

Nashville wins the Cup against the Penguins. Game 6, in Pittsburgh, all of the Nashville fans bring their little tootoo whistles. Fed up, Mario stands up and announces, "Shove the Tootoo up your asses!" Nashville scores 6 goals as Cindy and the Pens drop their shorts and line up in front of Jordan.