• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#21 BlakKy

BlakKy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:18 PM

Yet you love Crosby? I'm not one to say that Crosby is not talented, he is exceedingly talented BUT in my mind there is doubt he is a whiner. Remember when he asked the refs to make an announcement for people to stop throwing hats onto the ice after Ovechkin's goal?

Unnecessary. I realize Carman likes Crosby.. lots of people do.. some of my best friends do. I don't however feel the need to obsess with their interest or piss on Crosby when it isn't warranted or when his name is absent from the conversation at hand.

#22 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:29 PM

Have you been to any other NHL arenas? What you describe is widespread, not just in Washington. Try attending a game in Chicago, or Anaheim. Your entire argument makes no sense to me. You are angry that the Caps have a substantial fanbase instead of a half-full arena. This entire baseless tirade screams of inane jealously more than anything else.

You use false examples like the 'fans' (as if they are one singular entity, every single person shouting together [yet also say all the bandwagoners are on their blackberrys not paying attention])screaming for diving on a high stick. Did this actually happen? Or are you just creating the context of an overgeneralized example of the things that happen in EVERY single NHL arena? As I said in my earlier post... stop going to the games if you are this sensitive about fans being fans. Get over it, man.

Edited by hooon, 29 March 2010 - 04:32 PM.

Posted Image

#23 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:31 PM

Unnecessary. I realize Carman likes Crosby.. lots of people do.. some of my best friends do. I don't however feel the need to obsess with their interest or piss on Crosby when it isn't warranted or when his name is absent from the conversation at hand.

You have no idea who you are dealing with here (in terms of Carman's attention whoring and trolling, not Frozen-Man). He brings any backlash towards him amongst himself and pretty much all of it is warranted, he doesn't know when to stop.

And to the original poster, I can understand disliking teams and the like as it is natural, but your disliking goes to hatred and obsessive. The kind of hatred that I'd be afraid to be associated with if I was a friend of yours when quite frankly I don't feel that there is much of a hatred of the Washington Capitals in general from a majority of fans, if at all. Fans and team are not always necessarily mutually exclusive. And, you can simply not watch Capital games on TV or go to them live. Easy solution.

#24 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:42 PM

I also live in MD and have dealt with ridiculous Caps fans all the way back to the 98 sweep. Most of them have no idea what they're even rooting for...it's rare to find a Caps fan who even cared about the team before Ovechkin appeared.

#25 Lidstrom for life

Lidstrom for life

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:10 PM

Having that much hatred towards anything involving sports is just sad and pathetic. I live in Chicago and deal with the absurdity of Hawks fans, as well as years of terrible management. I claim to "hate" them, because they chant DETROIT SUCKS and have no hockey knowledge whatsoever...

You use false examples like the 'fans' (as if they are one singular entity, every single person shouting together [yet also say all the bandwagoners are on their blackberrys not paying attention])

I need some clarification on how your hatred of Chicago fans because they chant Detroit sucks and have no hockey knowledge whatsoever is somehow not using the false example of 'fans' as if they are a singular entity.
credits to hobbit-face for my icon.

#26 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:18 PM

You have no idea who you are dealing with here (in terms of Carman's attention whoring and trolling, not Frozen-Man). He brings any backlash towards him amongst himself and pretty much all of it is warranted, he doesn't know when to stop.

Nice double standard there. I defend Crosby, I don't attack people. My post in this thread had nothing to do with Crosby yet some Wings fan feels that he needs to bring him up. I find this funny and it doesn't bother me. Unfortunatley I'm a sucker for a good discussion and it seems that's not liked here...

Anyways onto the Bruce vs. Crosby whining thing. Crosby is a young kid and Bruce is an almost 60 year old man if you cannot see the diferrence there I'm sorry.

#27 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:54 PM

Nice double standard there. I defend Crosby, I don't attack people. My post in this thread had nothing to do with Crosby yet some Wings fan feels that he needs to bring him up. I find this funny and it doesn't bother me. Unfortunatley I'm a sucker for a good discussion and it seems that's not liked here...

Anyways onto the Bruce vs. Crosby whining thing. Crosby is a young kid and Bruce is an almost 60 year old man if you cannot see the diferrence there I'm sorry.

And my point is proven. You may have been unfairly attacked, but you bring it among yourself given your posting history regarding this. And you don't know when to stop, or you do and you just enjoy the show and continuously getting dumped on. I don't feel sorry for you one bit.

#28 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:00 PM

I agree wholeheartedly with this post. I'm Michigan born and bred and moved to D.C. in 2006 ... so I have witnessed the same transition. Back then, the games were a pleasure to go to -- nice, diverse crowd, decent product on the ice.

Now, everything about it is just irritating. I've been taunted unmercifully when I go in Wings gear to Detroit-Washington games, to the point this year that a guy stood about four inches behind me while I used the urinal and trash talked the entire time about the Wings. Everything in there MUST BE LOUD. The PA guy's voice is about 50 decibles too high, the music is obnoxious, the goal horn is almost ear-splitting. The crowd boos EVERYTHING that doesn't go Washington's way, all the while maintaining their belief that this Capitals franchise is somehow destined to be a dynasty.

It is absolutely horrible. If we hadn't played the Pens in the last two Cup finals, the Capitals would be far and away my least favorite Eastern Conference team. Even as it stands, it's close right now. I love the NHL, but won't go down there for games unless Detroit's in town.

#29 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:05 PM

Yet you love Crosby? I'm not one to say that Crosby is not talented, he is exceedingly talented BUT in my mind there is doubt he is a whiner. Remember when he asked the refs to make an announcement for people to stop throwing hats onto the ice after Ovechkin's goal?

If you are going to be a ****** and attempt to belittle his opinion based on specific players he watches, then do it in a thread involving the player in question.

If you really can't help it, then just ignore him. It makes your life much easier and everyone else doesn't have to watch you get all pissy because Carman the "Crosby troll" said something you don't like.

Posted Image

#30 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:10 PM

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not. Hell does anyone know when you're being serious? Like it or not you've built a reputation on here and you have to live with it. If you're really that passionate about discussion then you would simply hit the reset button, drop the shtick and get a new user name.

#31 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:10 PM

Love everything about the Caps and the way they play...
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#32 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 683 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:51 PM

If you are going to be a ****** and attempt to belittle his opinion based on specific players he watches, then do it in a thread involving the player in question.

If you really can't help it, then just ignore him. It makes your life much easier and everyone else doesn't have to watch you get all pissy because Carman the "Crosby troll" said something you don't like.

:clap:
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#33 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:53 PM

Love everything about the Caps and the way they play...

You should go to the next Wings/Caps game in DC...make sure to wear your Wings' gear, count how many times you get called a ****** before you even make it into the stadium(don't bring kids). Seriously, I've been to games in Boston, NY, even Nashville...DC fans are a joke and sooo bitter. You might respect their team but they sure as hell don't respect yours.

#34 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:04 PM

IMO, i was fine with what you said earlier about Bruce, and he is a whiner, almost as bad as Therrien. Also might add Quenneville onto that list too... but as far as Crosby's whining? He doesn't hide under the "kid" cloak for me anymore, 5 years in the NHL and he's learned his way around it. He has good moments and bad moments, unfortunately the bad moments are what we tend to remember about the people we are not fans of.

I'd rather see a coach like Babcock who never whines, but still finds a way to make it known that he doesn't agree with certain calls. Unfortunately there's an arrogance in the Capitals playing style, and it will bite back when they start playing better teams who play defence instead of resorting to their game (something I felt Pittsburgh did last year in that series). Capitals should find their way to a Cup final in the next few years, but no guarantees they'll win it unless they find that defensive game. Boudreau may not be the one to instill that type of game into them, he's been there too long to change it up all of a sudden.

#35 BlakKy

BlakKy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:05 PM

You should go to the next Wings/Caps game in DC...make sure to wear your Wings' gear, count how many times you get called a ****** before you even make it into the stadium(don't bring kids). Seriously, I've been to games in Boston, NY, even Nashville...DC fans are a joke and sooo bitter. You might respect their team but they sure as hell don't respect yours.

Toronto is generally a safe place to wear wings gear (I've never been asked to fight anyways) to see a game but two years ago now I was crossing the street and a cop used his PA in his car to tell me the Wings are '***'. Surprised me that a police officer would slander a team with a word like '***'.

#36 finalfilppula

finalfilppula

Happy Together

• PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

Toronto is generally a safe place to wear wings gear (I've never been asked to fight anyways) to see a game but two years ago now I was crossing the street and a cop used his PA in his car to tell me the Wings are '***'. Surprised me that a police officer would slander a team with a word like '***'.

i went to the game in toronto during the hall of fame weekend and was met with the most insanely stupid heckling i've ever heard in my life.

leaf fan #1: wings SUCK!
me: do you even remember 1967?
LF1: ... they suck!
me: what? i asked if you remembere--
LF1: yeah, well you suck cock!

then, i will regret, for the rest of my life, not recording this guy:

leaf fan #2: hey! wings SUCK! trade osgood for a bag of pucks! your organization is a JOKE!
me: you clearly do not ha--
LF2: YEAH, WALK AWAY *GIGGLE!!*

i wish i could watch this over and over again; the audacity it takes for a leaf fan to call our organization a joke is just so immense.

yeah, toronto's got a rich hockey history, but it probably contains the league's collection of the top three dumbest fans. for the record, i was born and raised in toronto, so i am very, very familiar with the amount of stupidity that goes on here. of course, every sports team does have its group of idiot fans...

nothing like uneducated and opinionated reprobates at a hockey game.

#37 BlakKy

BlakKy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:21 PM

i went to the game in toronto during the hall of fame weekend and was met with the most insanely stupid heckling i've ever heard in my life.

leaf fan #1: wings SUCK!
me: do you even remember 1967?
LF1: ... they suck!
me: what? i asked if you remembere--
LF1: yeah, well you suck cock!

then, i will regret, for the rest of my life, not recording this guy:

leaf fan #2: hey! wings SUCK! trade osgood for a bag of pucks! your organization is a JOKE!
me: you clearly do not ha--
LF2: YEAH, WALK AWAY *GIGGLE!!*

i wish i could watch this over and over again; the audacity it takes for a leaf fan to call our organization a joke is just so immense.

yeah, toronto's got a rich hockey history, but it probably contains the league's collection of the top three dumbest fans. for the record, i was born and raised in toronto, so i am very, very familiar with the amount of stupidity that goes on here. of course, every sports team does have its group of idiot fans...

nothing like uneducated and opinionated reprobates at a hockey game.

The good thing about the years I went to University in Toronto (besides a degree) was all the NHL hockey I got to see. Every night I went to the ACC I saw at least half of an NHL game (the Leafs look a lot more like AHLers on any given night).

TBH about he fans in Toronto.. some are ridiculous homers who can't admit that they are the worst post-lockout team, others actually know that the organization aside from financial successes, they are a joke. This includes the writers and even their marketing direction. One of their guys named Shum (in Leafs marketing) is probably one of the best sports conversationalists I've ever met. He's worked for the Stars, Canucks and Leafs, as well as the Blue Jays and Yankees. He watches the Game at 'Il Gatto Nero' every night on College street. If you like a good sports chat (especially hockey) talk to him some night. He'll be the only Asian guy at the bar and he'll probably have Yankees paraphernalia on him.

#38 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 683 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:17 PM

Really guys? Really?

This is the best the Red Wings nation can come up with?

Seriously?

FFS.
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#39 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:27 PM

The hatred is a bit strong. I can understand not liking a team dedicated to offense only with obnoxious, cocky fans but to have a blinding, rage-like hatred is a bit much.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#40 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:33 PM

AUGGGH!!! LET'S ACTIVATE AWESOME-TYPING AND AUGMENT OUR POST COUNTS!!!

AWESOME TYPING POST COUNT AUGMENTING ACTIVATED.

On a more serious note I have very carefully observed this change from a nice fan base to a massive clusterf*** of bandwagon fans throughout the years. Quite sad if you think about it. Also, I guess it is a good think the NHL does not market Datsyuk and Zetterberg more. We know they kick everyone's asses and that's all that matters.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image