Hockeytown0001

3/30 GDT: Oilers 4 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

Am I the only one who doesn't really like the Icetime among certain players

Williams: 16:06

Bertuzzi: 17:33

Helm: 10:08

Eaves: 10:43

Well, I am not quite expecting Helm and Eaves to go out there, create chances, and be offensive threats. I have no problem with those stats.

Well, I am not quite expecting Helm and Eaves to go out there, create chances, and be offensive threats. I have no problem with those stats.

Eaves was much more of a offensive threat than Bertuzzi in this game. He almost netted the first goal I believe. Nearly trickled in, and then Eaves followed up, and it went slightly wide.

I didn't love it tonight, it was more of a head-shaking moment for me. The way we played in the second half, we didn't deserve to win.

Other than tonight though, yeah, it's awesome.

The Wings dominated most of the game. They deserved to win IMO, but I was definitely shaking my head too @ 4-4.

Buzzer beaters and last minute goals are usually what end up in the Wings net, don't they? Yeah, it's pretty nifty to see that get turned around for a change.

For real. This whole season, it's just seemed like all the fluky goals or easy tap-ins because of good bounces have gone the other way. But lately the Wings have been getting bounces. Part of it's luck, sure, but it really is true that you make your own luck to a certain extent too.

I'm just thrilled with how the team is playing.

We did not play to the expectation of us but win is a win. Besides, this team has played good defensive game in last 5 or 6 games. I just think the Wings this season struggles a lot against the Oilers and happy that we do not play with them anymore this year.

Again, win is a win and let's play better. Go Wings !

Guest mindfly

Blues win 4-2

Good night

Vancouver up 2-0 late 1st.. who do we want to win that game?

Eaves was much more of a offensive threat than Bertuzzi in this game. He almost netted the first goal I believe. Nearly trickled in, and then Eaves followed up, and it went slightly wide.

Bert wasn't much a factor in this game, true -- in fact he was a pretty big liability, he coughed up some awful turnovers, but that's never going to change. He has been contributing on his line with Hank and Flip, so long as they're rolling I'd leave it alone.

Williams on the other hand is worthless, but that's why he's stuck on the mish-mash third line instead of a legit scoring or checking line. Bumping Eaves in his place wouldn't do much for him and would hurt the 4th line. Unless there was a reason for him to get into the top two lines he's kind of stuck where he is.

Vancouver up 2-0 late 1st.. who do we want to win that game?

Coyotes? If we can somehow catch Chicago then we could get 2nd if Vancouver slows down. Extremely unlikely, but we definitely aren't catching the Coyotes.

Coyotes? If we can somehow catch Chicago then we could get 2nd if Vancouver slows down. Extremely unlikely, but we definitely aren't catching the Coyotes.

How could we get 2nd? I thought Coyotes and Sharks would be ahead then. If you're hoping a win for Coyotes now. Edited by Finnish Wing

How could we get 2nd? I thought Coyotes and Sharks would be ahead then. If you're hoping a win for Coyotes now.

Coyotes and Sharks are in the same division, so one of them will get 4th. So if we pass Chicago and Vancouver slumps we can end up in 2nd.

Just got back from the game. Exciting at the end, but for the majority of the 2nd period the Wings absolutely had their way with Edmonton. I couldn't believe how many times they held it in the offensive zone. Had it not been for Deslauriers, the score easily would have been 7-0. Glad Stewie's goal counted, I thought after seeing the replay that it wouldn't.

There's no chance to catch Chicago. 5th place is where we'll probably finish, and I'm ok with that, put the pressure on the other teams this playoffs.

There's no chance to catch Chicago. 5th place is where we'll probably finish, and I'm ok with that, put the pressure on the other teams this playoffs.

By no means do i expect to catch Chicago. But if we're talking about who we want to win the Van/Pho game, that's the scenario that comes into play.

finnish wing- if we passed chicago and vancouver slows down, we would get 2nd since phoenix has to stay in 4th because they are in the same division as san jose. Division winners get the top 3 spots.

Some people have been complaining about bert, I think he saved our bacon in december and lately is playing well. Recently I think he's picked up his speed and is going to the net more. Yes, he gives it up more than I'd like but I think he brings an intangible physical dimension this team needs.

I would not be opposed to bringing Helm up to the 3rd line and dropping Williams to the 4th.

finnish wing- if we passed chicago and vancouver slows down, we would get 2nd since phoenix has to stay in 4th because they are in the same division as san jose. Division winners get the top 3 spots.

Some people have been complaining about bert, I think he saved our bacon in december and lately is playing well. Recently I think he's picked up his speed and is going to the net more. Yes, he gives it up more than I'd like but I think he brings an intangible physical dimension this team needs.

I would not be opposed to bringing Helm up to the 3rd line and dropping Williams to the 4th.

Yeah I didn't remember that somehow.

By no means do i expect to catch Chicago. But if we're talking about who we want to win the Van/Pho game, that's the scenario that comes into play.

Ok. Vancouver is the team I don't want to play 1st round.

I didn't see it, but I'm assuming this is basically how the post-game conference went:

Reporter: "What is your take on giving up a four-goal lead?"

Babcock: "Well, nobody ever likes it when that happens."

Reporter: "What was your take on Jimmy Howard tonight?"

Babcock: "I thought Howie played unbelievably incredible, one of the best performances I've seen. Too bad the team let him down by only scoring five goals and allowing 26 shots, most of which were poor scoring chances. Osgood should have done more to stop Edmonton from getting the chances they had."

I'm suprised there's less than 400 posts. The Wings gave up a 4 goal lead, that's when LGW usually goes into melt-down mode. I fully expected to return to see a 800 post thread :P

It probably would have been, had Edmonton completed the comeback...

I didn't see it, but I'm assuming this is basically how the post-game conference went:

Reporter: "What is your take on giving up a four-goal lead?"

Babcock: "Well, nobody ever likes it when that happens."

Reporter: "What was your take on Jimmy Howard tonight?"

Babcock: "I thought Howie played unbelievably incredible, one of the best performances I've seen. Too bad the team let him down by only scoring five goals and allowing 26 shots, most of which were poor scoring chances. Osgood should have done more to stop Edmonton from getting the chances they had."

Quit crying.