• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/30 GDT: Oilers 4 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

Guest Lidstromboli

I didn't see it, but I'm assuming this is basically how the post-game conference went:

Reporter: "Hudler?"

Babcock: "Well, Hudler."

Reporter: "Hudler... Hudler?"

Babcock: "I thought Hudler... Hudler, Hudlerhudlerhudler."

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I didn't see it, but I'm assuming this is basically how the post-game conference went:

Reporter: "What is your take on giving up a four-goal lead?"

Babcock: "Well, nobody ever likes it when that happens."

Reporter: "What was your take on Jimmy Howard tonight?"

Babcock: "I thought Howie played unbelievably incredible, one of the best performances I've seen. Too bad the team let him down by only scoring five goals and allowing 26 shots, most of which were poor scoring chances. Osgood should have done more to stop Edmonton from getting the chances they had."

:lol:

Quit crying.

When's the last time you've seen a goalie give up his 3rd goal on under 20 shots, after having already given up 2 in under a minute, two of which were due to bad decision making, and being the primary reason a team that was up 4-0 and dominating to being up 4-3 and barely holding on score-wise and in terms of the play. When's the last time you've seen a goalie give up two weak goals in the first five minutes of the game three games in a row and no get yanked in any of them?

I've never seen that happen with any other goaltender or coach. Babcock and Howard is the first occurrence I have EVER seen of it.

When's the last time you've seen a goalie give up his 3rd goal on under 20 shots, after having already given up 2 in under a minute, two of which were due to bad decision making, and being the primary reason a team that was up 4-0 and dominating to being up 4-3 and barely holding on score-wise and in terms of the play. When's the last time you've seen a goalie give up two weak goals in the first five minutes of the game three games in a row and no get yanked in any of them?

I've never seen that happen with any other goaltender or coach. Babcock and Howard is the first occurrence I have EVER seen of it.

I just saw it happen actually.

And we won.

Move on.

Pat Quinn telling it like it is -

"We played like deer in the headlights for the balance of the first period and much of the second," Quinn said. We didn't check from about the eight-minute mark on, we stood and watched. Our forwards were absolutely brutal for a lot of the game."

I meant other than this past game. And we won, DESPITE Howard's play. Because we scored FIVE GOALS.

Teams that don't score five goals don't win games when their goalies have save percentages of 80%.

I actually spent the best part of an hour trying to explain this point to a friend who has changed from calling Howie a hero/saviour to a crappy goaltender overnight.

hmm looked like it was a scary game giving up 4 straight goals for them to tie it up

but wow 3 dmen scoring! down low too!

idk stuart stick did look above the bar on that last goal but hey ill take it

6 straight baby!!

also i wouldnt blame this on howard tonight forwards did a bad job taking the point and letting the point step in with the big shot. id blame howard on 1 or 2 goals

but its a win and we stay in 6th! 2 games on nashville and 1 point behind. go wings!!!

I meant other than this past game. And we won, DESPITE Howard's play. Because we scored FIVE GOALS.

Teams that don't score five goals don't win games when their goalies have save percentages of 80%.

Good thing Jimmy doesn't play like that every game then right?

idk stuart stick did look above the bar on that last goal but hey ill take it

I honestly have no idea which way it should have gone (I wouldn't be surprised if they called it inconclusive and went with the initial call), but I'll definitely take it considering how many goals we've had taken away this season, some of which cost us at least a point in the standings. The NHL owes us a couple goals.

Guest scottj

sad%20baby.preview.jpg

ME WANT OZZY BWACK