• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#341 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:54 PM

Coyotes? If we can somehow catch Chicago then we could get 2nd if Vancouver slows down. Extremely unlikely, but we definitely aren't catching the Coyotes.

There's no chance to catch Chicago. 5th place is where we'll probably finish, and I'm ok with that, put the pressure on the other teams this playoffs.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#342 Dano33

Dano33

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

There's no chance to catch Chicago. 5th place is where we'll probably finish, and I'm ok with that, put the pressure on the other teams this playoffs.

By no means do i expect to catch Chicago. But if we're talking about who we want to win the Van/Pho game, that's the scenario that comes into play.
"I can't believe I shook this guy's friggen hand." -Dino Ciccarelli

"Don't think, just play." -Curtis Granderson, always a Tiger

#343 wingsaroundtheworld

wingsaroundtheworld

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

finnish wing- if we passed chicago and vancouver slows down, we would get 2nd since phoenix has to stay in 4th because they are in the same division as san jose. Division winners get the top 3 spots.

Some people have been complaining about bert, I think he saved our bacon in december and lately is playing well. Recently I think he's picked up his speed and is going to the net more. Yes, he gives it up more than I'd like but I think he brings an intangible physical dimension this team needs.

I would not be opposed to bringing Helm up to the 3rd line and dropping Williams to the 4th.

#344 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:59 PM

I'm suprised there's less than 400 posts. The Wings gave up a 4 goal lead, that's when LGW usually goes into melt-down mode. I fully expected to return to see a 800 post thread :P

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#345 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:05 PM

finnish wing- if we passed chicago and vancouver slows down, we would get 2nd since phoenix has to stay in 4th because they are in the same division as san jose. Division winners get the top 3 spots.

Some people have been complaining about bert, I think he saved our bacon in december and lately is playing well. Recently I think he's picked up his speed and is going to the net more. Yes, he gives it up more than I'd like but I think he brings an intangible physical dimension this team needs.

I would not be opposed to bringing Helm up to the 3rd line and dropping Williams to the 4th.

Yeah I didn't remember that somehow.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#346 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:10 PM

Man what af****** game.

Bertuzzi has no hockey intellect.

Franzen needs to finish on that one shot.

Howard was awful.

Defensive breakdowns were ridiculous.

Offense was in Edmonton's zone all night.

Bleh.

Posted Image

#347 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:13 PM

By no means do i expect to catch Chicago. But if we're talking about who we want to win the Van/Pho game, that's the scenario that comes into play.

Ok. Vancouver is the team I don't want to play 1st round.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#348 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:26 PM

I didn't see it, but I'm assuming this is basically how the post-game conference went:

Reporter: "What is your take on giving up a four-goal lead?"

Babcock: "Well, nobody ever likes it when that happens."

Reporter: "What was your take on Jimmy Howard tonight?"

Babcock: "I thought Howie played unbelievably incredible, one of the best performances I've seen. Too bad the team let him down by only scoring five goals and allowing 26 shots, most of which were poor scoring chances. Osgood should have done more to stop Edmonton from getting the chances they had."

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#349 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,827 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:35 PM

I'm suprised there's less than 400 posts. The Wings gave up a 4 goal lead, that's when LGW usually goes into melt-down mode. I fully expected to return to see a 800 post thread :P

It probably would have been, had Edmonton completed the comeback...

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#350 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:11 PM

I didn't see it, but I'm assuming this is basically how the post-game conference went:

Babcock: "I thought Howie played unbelievably incredible, one of the best performances I've seen. Too bad the team let him down by only scoring five goals and allowing 26 shots, most of which were poor scoring chances. Osgood should have done more to stop Edmonton from getting the chances they had."

Quit crying.

#351 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:36 PM

Quit crying.

Your life's inspiration could use the same advice.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#352 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:11 AM

Reporter: "Hudler?"

Babcock: "Well, Hudler."

Reporter: "Hudler... Hudler?"

Babcock: "I thought Hudler... Hudler, Hudlerhudlerhudler."

Posted Image

#353 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:36 AM

Quit crying.

Aw c'mon, I thought that was pretty funny :)
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#354 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:01 AM

Just watched highlights ... wow on that last goal. Pure Datsyukian! :nhl2:

#355 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:48 AM

:lol:
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#356 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:45 AM

Quit crying.

When's the last time you've seen a goalie give up his 3rd goal on under 20 shots, after having already given up 2 in under a minute, two of which were due to bad decision making, and being the primary reason a team that was up 4-0 and dominating to being up 4-3 and barely holding on score-wise and in terms of the play. When's the last time you've seen a goalie give up two weak goals in the first five minutes of the game three games in a row and no get yanked in any of them?

I've never seen that happen with any other goaltender or coach. Babcock and Howard is the first occurrence I have EVER seen of it.

#357 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:58 AM

This thread has potential.

Posted Image

#358 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:04 AM

I was sitting in row 20 of section 203 C. On the winning goal, I didn't see Stuart tip the shot, it looked to me like Dats just threw it on goal and Deslauriers whiffed on it. When I saw the replay, I thought for sure it would be called back.

#359 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:26 AM

When's the last time you've seen a goalie give up his 3rd goal on under 20 shots, after having already given up 2 in under a minute, two of which were due to bad decision making, and being the primary reason a team that was up 4-0 and dominating to being up 4-3 and barely holding on score-wise and in terms of the play. When's the last time you've seen a goalie give up two weak goals in the first five minutes of the game three games in a row and no get yanked in any of them?

I've never seen that happen with any other goaltender or coach. Babcock and Howard is the first occurrence I have EVER seen of it.

I just saw it happen actually.

And we won.

Move on.

#360 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:34 AM

I just saw it happen actually.

And we won.

Move on.

I meant other than this past game. And we won, DESPITE Howard's play. Because we scored FIVE GOALS.

Teams that don't score five goals don't win games when their goalies have save percentages of 80%.