• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Lidstrom Watch

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

lidswatch.jpg

Yeah he's a +22 solid defensivly but he doesn't even have 50pts, i think he's gotta get over that mark.. Tyler Myers..a rookie almost has as many point now and he has more goals than lidstrom... i say 10goals, 2more goals and 6assist for 45 on the season and it would look more respectable. (and hopefully another +5)

10G 45A +27 55pts (This would earn a norris nomination i think, but not his current stats)

GO CAPTAIN

Edited by mindfly

You're definitely right. Looking over Lidstrom's career numbers one might say that this year's offensive numbers are on the low end but if we take everything into consideration I think we should all be really happy with his game. In a year where everyone's numbers took a dip (due to injuries and departures etc)he should end up with 50 pts. Yeah it'd be great if he got 55 pts or whatever but with the PP struggles we had mid season and the lack of depth during our injuries I think he's done a great job. He's consistently played great defense and despite his goalless streak this year, in my opinion, he should still get some thought when discussing the Norris.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter if he wins it or not. Obviuosly I'd love for him to win it, hell I'd love for him to win two more and get 8 for his career, but he helped do what so many ppl thought the Wings couldn't do and that's get in the playoffs. He's a key cog on this team and if his play continues the way it has been down the stretch we're looking like we could be dangerous.

Guest mindfly

Sweet Photoshop job!

:lol:

You mean MS Paint ;)

Edited by mindfly

Really, who cares... The guy is 40 years old and is still the best and most important player on the team... Points don't tell the whole story... He had a slow start due to many injuries, but has really picked it up lately... Honestly, why is 2 goals and 6 more assists THAT important? I don't get it, really, this thread doesn't make any sense.

Guest mindfly

So he can get a norris nomination because imo he's a top3 defender in this league

So he can get a norris nomination because imo he's a top3 defender in this league

I think Lids is definitely top three in the league but I'm not sure it'll happen. Unfortunately it's the same problem he's had working against him his whole career--how boring his game is. The quality of Lidstrom's defense is measured mostly by the things that don't happen.

How many times in his career have you seen Lids get absolutely undressed the way the other top Dmen do from time to time? Pronger, Niedermayer, Chara. All those guys have been on the wrong end of highlight-reel deked out of his jockstrap kinds of plays. It's hard to think of Lids being on the wrong end of many of those in his whole career.

With Lidstrom it's sound positioning, a great stick (even I get tired of hearing announcers talk about his quick stick), tremendous hockey sense. There's no devastating hits, no cannon of a slapshot, no crazy Mike Green play like a forward kind of rushes. So if he's not scoring a bunch of points, it's easy for people to dismiss the quality defense he's playing, in spite of the fact that when Lids is on the ice, the puck just doesn't end up in the Wings net as much, no matter the situation.

I'd love to see him at least nominated this season, but it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't happen. Doughty, Keith, and unfortunately Green, will probably get the nods. And I think people are talking about Pronger lately too.