http://blog.mlive.co...uld_dig_pl.html
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#2 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:16 AM

...and I wouldn't mind the wings playing vs. Sammy provided he keeps it to his usual logo hunting. For that matter, if that's what he's going to do he can get 20 shots a game for all I care- imagine Howard's stats with 20 shots to the winged wheel every night!
- LT

#3 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,029 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:55 AM

Sammy's logo hunting has gotten him 35 goals this year. Likely would have gotten 35 if he stayed healthy.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 30 March 2010 - 11:56 AM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#4 ilmickeyli

ilmickeyli

Meatwad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:58 AM

Sammy's logo hunting has gotten him 35 goals this year. Likely would have gotten 35 if he stayed healthy.

Do what now?
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#5 FedorovGurl

FedorovGurl

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 548 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:02 PM

Sammy can bite me....
Welcome Back Kotter Hudler!! ".... who'd of thought they'd lead ya back here where we need ya? "

#6 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:11 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Sammy get "Kronwalled".

:D
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#7 DirtyD

DirtyD

One fast move or I'm gone

• Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:13 PM

In the immortal words of Sammy, himself:

"They can go f*ck themselves."

Posted Image

#8 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:24 PM

Sammy won't be fun to play against in the playoffs. He's irritating to play against and tends to score big goals. Plus former Wings seem to love to come back and score the backbreakers.

Considering how much attention the Sedins and Kesler will draw, I'm guessing Sammy will be able to get some quality shots off. And not all of those are bound to be into shin pads and the Winged Wheel on Howard's chest.

My main fear of facing Vancouver in the first round is having to listen to "Loooouuuuu" every time Luongo comes within 4 feet of the puck.

#9 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:31 PM

Sammy won't be fun to play against in the playoffs. He's irritating to play against and tends to score big goals. Plus former Wings seem to love to come back and score the backbreakers.

Ain't that the truth. Bobby Lang scares me everytime he touches the puck. Even J Willy torched us when he was with the Hawks. Hate playing against former Wings.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#10 albo23

albo23

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:36 PM

Do what now?

What he means is that he. Only if 35 stayed healthy.

#11 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:48 PM

Seems like after he left the Wings he turned into a ******. First team Sweden, then the team that actually made him relevant.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#12 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:50 PM

Seems like after he left the Wings he turned into a ******. First team Sweden, then the team that actually made him relevant.

He's always been a ******. When he's at his best he's an annoying agitator who scores timely goals.

#13 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:02 PM

He's always been a ******. When he's at his best he's an annoying agitator who scores timely goals.

If you say so, I just don't remember Sammy talking to the media about anything when he was with the Wings.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#14 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:06 PM

How's he being a ******? His actual quote from the article is:

"I don't really care who we play," said Samuelsson, who has a career-high 30 goals and 53 points this season. "But yeah, it would feel a little weird to play them in the playoffs. But there's a first time for everything. If that's the case, I look forward to it."

I wouldn't expect any player to say they feared or didn't want to play their old team.

And honestly I kind of liked it when he spouted off about Sweden not picking him for the Olympics. He definitely deserved to be on that team. It was fun to hear an honest answer.

#15 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:18 PM

I wonder if Sammy is going to pull his patented "Facewash the s*** out of someone and hide behind the ref" move against his former team?? Maybe Big E will kick his ass.

Edited by under_par_00, 30 March 2010 - 01:18 PM.

#16 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:25 PM

How's he being a ******? His actual quote from the article is:

I wouldn't expect any player to say they feared or didn't want to play their old team.

And honestly I kind of liked it when he spouted off about Sweden not picking him for the Olympics. He definitely deserved to be on that team. It was fun to hear an honest answer.

I had two reasons for him being a ******.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#17 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:26 PM

I don't hate Samuelsson, just like I don't hate Hossa or Kopecky. The idea that you root for these guys as Wings and then suddenly they're complete garbage the day they choose or are forced to put on a different sweater is kinda fraudulent to me.

Sammy's comment wasn't arrogant or angry. He simply welcomed the matchup (what's he supposed to say?)

To his credit, you can think of a long list of former Red Wings (from Lapointe to Fedorov and beyond) who thought that they might be more productive playing a bigger role on a different team, but Sammy actually proved his point this year. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten that we revived his career, like we did for Cleary and countless others.

#18 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:41 PM

It'd be funny if we play them and he and Franzen get into a slapping contest at center ice.

:lol:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#19 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

If you say so, I just don't remember Sammy talking to the media about anything when he was with the Wings.

On the contrary, I always remember him as being a very honest interviewee who didn't go for the usual hockey cliches. One of the things I liked the best about him *points at sig*
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#20 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:22 PM

It'd be funny if we play them and he and Franzen get into a slapping contest at center ice.

:lol:

They would probably just smack each other in the head at the same time then simultaneously fall to the ice in agony.

Posted Image