• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rivalred

Sammy Wouldn't Mind Playing

Rate this topic

...and I wouldn't mind the wings playing vs. Sammy provided he keeps it to his usual logo hunting. For that matter, if that's what he's going to do he can get 20 shots a game for all I care- imagine Howard's stats with 20 shots to the winged wheel every night!

Sammy won't be fun to play against in the playoffs. He's irritating to play against and tends to score big goals. Plus former Wings seem to love to come back and score the backbreakers.

Considering how much attention the Sedins and Kesler will draw, I'm guessing Sammy will be able to get some quality shots off. And not all of those are bound to be into shin pads and the Winged Wheel on Howard's chest.

My main fear of facing Vancouver in the first round is having to listen to "Loooouuuuu" every time Luongo comes within 4 feet of the puck.

Sammy won't be fun to play against in the playoffs. He's irritating to play against and tends to score big goals. Plus former Wings seem to love to come back and score the backbreakers.

Ain't that the truth. Bobby Lang scares me everytime he touches the puck. Even J Willy torched us when he was with the Hawks. Hate playing against former Wings.

Seems like after he left the Wings he turned into a ******. First team Sweden, then the team that actually made him relevant.

He's always been a ******. When he's at his best he's an annoying agitator who scores timely goals.

Seems like after he left the Wings he turned into a ******. First team Sweden, then the team that actually made him relevant.

How's he being a ******? His actual quote from the article is:

"I don't really care who we play," said Samuelsson, who has a career-high 30 goals and 53 points this season. "But yeah, it would feel a little weird to play them in the playoffs. But there's a first time for everything. If that's the case, I look forward to it."

I wouldn't expect any player to say they feared or didn't want to play their old team.

And honestly I kind of liked it when he spouted off about Sweden not picking him for the Olympics. He definitely deserved to be on that team. It was fun to hear an honest answer.

I wonder if Sammy is going to pull his patented "Facewash the s*** out of someone and hide behind the ref" move against his former team?? Maybe Big E will kick his ass.

Edited by under_par_00

How's he being a ******? His actual quote from the article is:

I wouldn't expect any player to say they feared or didn't want to play their old team.

And honestly I kind of liked it when he spouted off about Sweden not picking him for the Olympics. He definitely deserved to be on that team. It was fun to hear an honest answer.

I had two reasons for him being a ******.

I don't hate Samuelsson, just like I don't hate Hossa or Kopecky. The idea that you root for these guys as Wings and then suddenly they're complete garbage the day they choose or are forced to put on a different sweater is kinda fraudulent to me.

Sammy's comment wasn't arrogant or angry. He simply welcomed the matchup (what's he supposed to say?)

To his credit, you can think of a long list of former Red Wings (from Lapointe to Fedorov and beyond) who thought that they might be more productive playing a bigger role on a different team, but Sammy actually proved his point this year. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten that we revived his career, like we did for Cleary and countless others.

If you say so, I just don't remember Sammy talking to the media about anything when he was with the Wings.

On the contrary, I always remember him as being a very honest interviewee who didn't go for the usual hockey cliches. One of the things I liked the best about him *points at sig*

I had two reasons for him being a ******.

His quote about Team Sweden, then what exactly is the second? Having the audacity to leave the Wings and seek out a team that had the cap room to pay what he was worth and where he could play a more prominent role?

To me that doesn't make him a ******, especially because he was very upfront about why he signed with Vancouver.

I don't hate Samuelsson, just like I don't hate Hossa or Kopecky. The idea that you root for these guys as Wings and then suddenly they're complete garbage the day they choose or are forced to put on a different sweater is kinda fraudulent to me.

Sammy's comment wasn't arrogant or angry. He simply welcomed the matchup (what's he supposed to say?)

To his credit, you can think of a long list of former Red Wings (from Lapointe to Fedorov and beyond) who thought that they might be more productive playing a bigger role on a different team, but Sammy actually proved his point this year. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten that we revived his career, like we did for Cleary and countless others.

Good post, Well said. Nothing of note here folks....move along.

Edited by Pucks