• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:27 PM

I had two reasons for him being a ******.

His quote about Team Sweden, then what exactly is the second? Having the audacity to leave the Wings and seek out a team that had the cap room to pay what he was worth and where he could play a more prominent role?

To me that doesn't make him a ******, especially because he was very upfront about why he signed with Vancouver.

#22 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:44 PM

I don't hate Samuelsson, just like I don't hate Hossa or Kopecky. The idea that you root for these guys as Wings and then suddenly they're complete garbage the day they choose or are forced to put on a different sweater is kinda fraudulent to me.

Sammy's comment wasn't arrogant or angry. He simply welcomed the matchup (what's he supposed to say?)

To his credit, you can think of a long list of former Red Wings (from Lapointe to Fedorov and beyond) who thought that they might be more productive playing a bigger role on a different team, but Sammy actually proved his point this year. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten that we revived his career, like we did for Cleary and countless others.

Good post, Well said. Nothing of note here folks....move along.

Edited by Pucks, 30 March 2010 - 02:45 PM.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#23 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,619 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:46 PM

Sammy was always the problem and the solution here. He would always screw something up, but make up for it by scoring a big goal. I wish he was still here.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#24 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:22 PM

It'd be funny if we play them and he and Franzen get into a slapping contest at center ice.

:lol:

Hahahahahahahaha.