• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DirtyD

3/30 GDT: Other Games

Rate this topic

rcio9g.jpg

I'm thinking that its late enough in the season to start keeping a watchful eye on our Western contenders. Obviously most of us - myself included - are going to be watching the Wings (hopefully) crush the Oil tonight, but there are a couple of other interesting games going on elsewhere. The Kings v Preds game will have direct implications on us, while a couple of potential first round opponents (Canucks and Coyotes) are also in action. And of course, there is still the very distant chance that the Hawks continue to falter, allowing us to make a move on the Central Division title; a loss against the Blues tonight would certainly help.

Anyways, lots of hockey to be played tonight, ladies and gents. Enjoy.

rcio9g.jpg

Edited by DirtyD

Go Kings and Blues!

Pretty much. I'm hoping for big wins from the Kings and Blues, and for Luongo to start against the 'Yotes only to get thrashed. We may have to end up playing the Canucks in the first round, and I don't think we should have too much trouble with them if Luongo has no confidence and plays the way he has been recently.

Guest mindfly

Isn't it better if nashville wins so detroit can keep l.a behind them...no need to catch that 5th spot anyway?

Nah rather play san jose

I can see that, but I feel like the possibility of us drawing San Jose in the first round are getting slimmer and slimmer. The Avalanche are slumping and, especially if Nashville wins tonight, we'll find ourselves locked in at #6 and destined to play Vancouver. Personally, I think that would be our least favourable match up.

But, to each his own.

Isn't it better if nashville wins so detroit can keep l.a behind them...no need to catch that 5th spot anyway?

If the Wings win tonight, they will be ahead of L.A. anyways. Either way, the Wings have to take care of business tonight. If Nashville wins and Detroit wins they'll be 3 up with 2 games in hand. If Nashville wins and Detroit loses they'll be up 5 with 2 in hand -- not insurmountable, but not a good situation.

Nope, if Detroit wins and LA wins we go to 1 point behind Nashville and LA remains 1 point behind us. Want to play Nashville on Saturday with the chance to overtake them.

The Blues killed the PP with only one good rush for Chicago really and honestly they had a semi-breakaway on a turnover by Duncan Keith that was just as close.

Chicago seems to be hanging their head when things don't go their way. Joel Quenneville strikes again.

And Brent Sopel just took a puck to the face.....

2-0 kings, rinne pulled! and i'm just happy to hear that the preds are ******* vunerable, since they always seem to get a point just for being alive...

meanwhile, st louis are my new sort-of heroes, just because i can hear them singing a mocking parody of the lame-ass "duh duhduh duh duh duh duh duhduhduh" chicago song, which continually makes me want to blow my frakkin brains out!!

btw...kings win!!!

Edited by deetroit dario