• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

13dangledangle

Ville Leino 1/3 of Philly's offensive unit

Rate this topic

Saw this today.

"March 30, ESPN: Ville Leino had his first multipoint game with the Philadelphia Flyers on Sunday since coming from the Detroit Red Wings at the trade deadline. It probably is no coincidence that he now is winging a line with Danny Briere and Simon Gagne. With Jeff Carter done for the season, the trio represents the Flyers' best offensive unit."

Would not be suprised at all if this came back to bite our ass lol.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/03/ville_leino_no_longer_pinin_fo.html

Edited by 13dangledangle

I prefer the following part of the article. It sums up what Wings fans got from him this season:

Leino's goal and assist against New Jersey on Saturday were his second and third points for the Flyers in his ninth game with the team--with an eight-game gap between scoring his first goal.

I had high hopes for Leino, but alas, it never worked out. I think if he were still on the Wings it would be a lot more of the same disappointment he displayed earlier this season.

I think so to, its one of those things that he HAD to be moved but Im freaking positive he will flourish somewhere dammit!

I prefer the following part of the article. It sums up what Wings fans got from him this season:

Pretty much.

Although he probably played those games on the fourth line or something like that.

I was really excited for him after last year. He'll produce some points but not to an amount in which I'll wish the Wings still had him.

I think so to, its one of those things that he HAD to be moved but Im freaking positive he will flourish somewhere dammit!

So? It was apparent that 'somewhere' wasn't going to be Detroit. This move will never come back to bite us in the ass, as we're already well aware that it wasn't in the cards for Leino here.

It's kinda funny how many people wish that he wouldn't do well in Philly so the deal would look better for us. The fact is that it would have never happen here. It was obvious that he needed to move. I hope he does well as he is a Finnish player (and once played for my favourite club) and it's nice that he is playing in the Eastern Conference and not for the Blackhawks for example.

It's kinda funny how many people wish that he wouldn't do well in Philly so the deal would look better for us. The fact is that it would have never happen here. It was obvious that he needed to move. I hope he does well as he is a Finnish player (and once played for my favourite club) and it's nice that he is playing in the Eastern Conference and not for the Blackhawks for example.

Yeah, that would have been the ultimate kick in the nuts if he ended up going to Chicago and getting to play us 8 times a year plus playoffs. As it stands, we get to see him again this Sunday and I would not be surprised if he steps up his game in an effort to show us up, make us regret moving him.

But, as others have already stated, it was painfully obvious that it wasn't working out for him in Detroit, so I wish him the best of luck except when he's playing against us.

If he can play good for them, then good for him. It wasn't working out here.

That's the truth. Who knows maybe Leino will excel somewhere else but the fact is that he wasn't even average here. Sometimes a player getting traded or something else major like that will shake a guy up. Comparing what he does in the future on another team is no real indication of what he would have done here. Take Miller for example waived by another team and yet has done well here.

That's the truth. Who knows maybe Leino will excel somewhere else but the fact is that he wasn't even average here. Sometimes a player getting traded or something else major like that will shake a guy up. Comparing what he does in the future on another team is no real indication of what he would have done here. Take Miller for example waived by another team and yet has done well here.

This was probably what both GM's had in mind when doing the trade. Kinda like the Latendress-Pouliot trade. Trading players that are average or below average and the trade may just help them turn good.

Jussi Jokinen was also traded by the Lightning for a bag of pucks or something like that. You just knew that he wasn't gonna get it done playing there.

as embarrassing as it is, every time philly plays i check to see if leino scored. I want him to do well you know? i like watching the highlights and stuff. He's a good guy, just didnt fit in here.

I do that with every Finnish player. How embarrasing is that?!

Pretty sure most 3rd/4th line players would play a lot better on a line with Gagne and Briere, rather than on a teams 3rd and 4th lines. I don't regret letting Leino go whatsoever. Put Drew Miller on a line with Gagne and Briere and I guarantee his production goes way up.

Edited by TheDetroitRedWings

Pretty sure most 3rd/4th line players would play a lot better on a line with Gagne and Briere, rather than on a teams 3rd and 4th lines. I don't regret letting Leino go whatsoever. Put Drew Miller on a line with Gagne and Briere and I guarantee his production goes way up.

Yeah, I would imagine Miller would do better than Leino is if he were given the chance. Any reasonably talented scorer could score with two start linemates. Especially since they were two assists.

This.

why do people respond with just "this." in some posts when they're quoting people??

it's starting to annoy the hell out of me... you're not saying anything of value in your post! at least add something else... like a small "somewhat insightful" sentence or fragment... (that's not "THIS")

Thanks! :)

Leino will never be more that a 20 pt scorer in this league - and you can quote me on this... his work ethic and effort are just not there and I'd be surprised if he was even in the NHL in 2 years from now.

On even a healthy Philly team, he's a bottom guy at best...

Leino will never be more that a 20 pt scorer in this league - and you can quote me on this... his work ethic and effort are just not there and I'd be surprised if he was even in the NHL in 2 years from now.

On even a healthy Philly team, he's a bottom guy at best...

You didn't see Jussi Jokinen play with the Lightning? If you have lost your confidence it affects your game greatly. I'm not saying he will do something. But to say that something like that won't be possible is just stupid.

I dunno why he was able to put up 9 points in 13 games last season.

why do people respond with just "this." in some posts when they're quoting people??

it's starting to annoy the hell out of me... you're not saying anything of value in your post! at least add something else... like a small "somewhat insightful" sentence or fragment... (that's not "THIS")

Thanks! :)

THIS!