• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

13dangledangle

Ville Leino 1/3 of Philly's offensive unit

Rate this topic

Guest micah

Since going to the Flyers, Leino has really picked up his pace - he's been scoring at 125% the points per game as Daniel Carcillo. Very impressive indeed.

You didn't see Jussi Jokinen play with the Lightning? If you have lost your confidence it affects your game greatly. I'm not saying he will do something. But to say that something like that won't be possible is just stupid.

I dunno why he was able to put up 9 points in 13 games last season.

Leino is not half the player Jokinen is... and TB was HORRENDOUS... bad comparison.

Anything is possible, I could all of a sudden train insanely, work with a strength and conditioning coach and work my way to a walk on try out and in 4 years from now be a 32 year old rookie in the league and win the Calder... is it likely - not one freaking bit.

Leino is not an NHL top 6 player, if he was, he wouldn't have needed to have been "given a chance" - he would have taken it.

Save this topic as a favorite and I'll eat crow if I'm wrong and call you the all-being, ever genius, prophet.

Leino will never be more than a 20 pt scorer in the NHL.

Leino is not half the player Jokinen is... and TB was HORRENDOUS... bad comparison.

Anything is possible, I could all of a sudden train insanely, work with a strength and conditioning coach and work my way to a walk on try out and in 4 years from now be a 32 year old rookie in the league and win the Calder... is it likely - not one freaking bit.

Leino is not an NHL top 6 player, if he was, he wouldn't have needed to have been "given a chance" - he would have taken it.

Save this topic as a favorite and I'll eat crow if I'm wrong and call you the all-being, ever genius, prophet.

Leino will never be more than a 20 pt scorer in the NHL.

You can easily compare Leino to Jokinen and Latendresse on a smaller scale.

I didn't totally understand this working thing. He managed the put 9 points in 13 games last season. To say he will never be able to be more than a 20 point scorer is kinda stupid. I mean you can always say something like that, but there really isn't good arguments to back it up. It obviously wasn't about not lifting weights that he's had a bad season. It's been lack of confidence and stuff like that.

Again, I'm not saying he will score X points. But to say that he'll never top 30 for example is kinda weird considering how he put 9 points in 13 games last season.

THIS!

lol that was funny! and MammyK you should rexax and take a gravol then just go to sleep my friend are a little to worked up over...

lol that was funny! and MammyK you should relax and take a gravol then just go to sleep because you my friend are a little to worked up over...

This! :yowza::clap:

Edited by 13dangledangle

I didn't totally understand this working thing. He managed the put 9 points in 13 games last season. To say he will never be able to be more than a 20 point scorer is kinda stupid. I mean you can always say something like that, but there really isn't good arguments to back it up. It obviously wasn't about not lifting weights that he's had a bad season. It's been lack of confidence and stuff like that.

Again, I'm not saying he will score X points. But to say that he'll never top 30 for example is kinda weird considering how he put 9 points in 13 games last season.

Your man love is clouding your judgment... one hot streak is an anomaly, not a constant... especially when he was playing for a contract...

Once again, I'm not saying any of this to be complete undeniable fact or that I can see the future - it is MY prediction and also, ONCE AGAIN, if he ever proves me wrong, feel free to rub it in my face... but I am pretty confident that day will never come.

Guest micah

..Then man-up and make a prediction. SteveKrause has boldly stated what he forsees for young Leino. That takes balls - he is giving people the chance to come back one day and say "look how dumb you are(were)!". That takes confidence, and it takes honesty. I not-so-boldly predict that Leino will never amount to anything more than an also-ran. He'll be a fine 30 point per year non-checker on a checking line. That's it. He doesn't have the drive to be a career 1st liner nor does he have the sack to excell as a role player. My prediction is that he plays less than 8 years in the league.

What do you predict for him, Finnish Wing?

Your man love is clouding your judgment... one hot streak is an anomaly, not a constant... especially when he was playing for a contract...

Once again, I'm not saying any of this to be complete undeniable fact or that I can see the future - it is MY prediction and also, ONCE AGAIN, if he ever proves me wrong, feel free to rub it in my face... but I am pretty confident that day will never come.

"Man love clouding my judgment", gimme a break. That would be the case if I'd saying something like "he will score 50 points" which I never have.

lol that was funny! and MammyK you should rexax and take a gravol then just go to sleep my friend are a little to worked up over...

This! :yowza::clap:

alright THAT'S it...... heh

oh well...

I really don't have a problem with Leino, only that he was close to useless for the Wings. He couldn't skate, wouldn't hit, and was afraid to do the dirty work to get the puck.

And he never seemed to be in the right spot. He was like the anti-Hossa when he was here.

Guest mindfly

Will be interesting to see on sunday if he really picks up his game because he play against the wings

Will be interesting to see on sunday if he really picks up his game because he play against the wings

True say that for sure, I forgot they were playing the flyers!

....If he's ever gonna step up, against his old team that gave him up for...lol

Edited by 13dangledangle

..Then man-up and make a prediction. SteveKrause has boldly stated what he forsees for young Leino. That takes balls - he is giving people the chance to come back one day and say "look how dumb you are(were)!". That takes confidence, and it takes honesty. I not-so-boldly predict that Leino will never amount to anything more than an also-ran. He'll be a fine 30 point per year non-checker on a checking line. That's it. He doesn't have the drive to be a career 1st liner nor does he have the sack to excell as a role player. My prediction is that he plays less than 8 years in the league.

What do you predict for him, Finnish Wing?

My preditction: Leino WILL be more than a 20 pts scorer in the NHL.

Guest Heaten

I was all for trading Leino and I don't feel regret losing him. If Leino stayed I highly doubt Red Wings would have clinched their 19th consecutive playoff appearance. But I am happy to see Leino make such an impact in Philly. I hope he continues to do well. But the facts remain the same, he wasn't a good fit in Detroit.

If Leino stayed I highly doubt Red Wings would have clinched their 19th consecutive playoff appearance.

If Leino stayed we would have been too cap heavy and I do not believe Ville Leino would have stopped us from going on that insane run we did after the Olympics.

Ville was not traded because of his performance in detroit. he played well in the few games he played last year and wasnt given much of a shot this year. he was traded do to the salary cap trouble detroit was in because of all these monster front loaded contracts we have given to players like franzen and rafalski. Its an embarassment that we cant hold on to our up-and-coming talent. especially because the team as is cant get it done.

Ville was not traded because of his performance in detroit. he played well in the few games he played last year and wasnt given much of a shot this year. he was traded do to the salary cap trouble detroit was in because of all these monster front loaded contracts we have given to players like franzen and rafalski. Its an embarassment that we cant hold on to our up-and-coming talent. especially because the team as is cant get it done.

Ville's performance did have an impact on Holland's decision to trade him for cap space.

There were other players Holland could of waived instead of trading Leino.

He was given every opportunity to play in the top 6 due to the injuries and just could not find his confidence with the Wings and we were in a pretty desperate situation.

Guest Heaten

Wrong on all counts. What does front loaded contracts have to do with it? Absolutely nothing. Ville was traded because he was more of a liability than an asset... he couldn't find his offense. Had played to his potential, someone else would have been on the chopping block instead. Leino was the obvious choice to go.

Don't you not remember Holland had to acquire Drew Miller due to all the injuries. Miller came here and become a solid player for us. He killed penalties, played solid 5-on-5 and chipped in for some key goals... while Ville Leino couldn't do s***.

Holland made the right choice under the circumstances.

apparently you think 55 games with an average about 13 minutes on the ice is the enough time to determine a players potential but i doubt ken holland is so dim witted. Facts are Leino was a perfect fit for the wings. hes a puck possesion player and if you wanna talk about chipping in with key goals how about a game winner in the 13 games he played last season and two game winners for us this year. not to mention one in the finals for the flyers.

It has everything to do with frontloaded contracts. i can think of atleast 3 huge contracts were paying for mostly up front and its putting us in a cap bind. if we didnt have to make room for franzens contact when he came back from injury ville wouldnt have gone anywhere and maybe he wouldve added some much need points in our series against the sharks. god knows drew miller wasnt doing it.